Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:01:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Third Day - Autumn (good quality stream now online)

Started by batwings, July 04, 2021, 10:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batwings

A remastered version of the 12 hour live event from The Third Day tv series has been uploaded to the Punchdrunk website. This is much better quality than the facebook streams that were previously online. It's been colour-graded and has no video/audio glitches.

https://www.punchdrunk.com/project/the-third-day-autumn/

Noodle Lizard

Thanks! I was incredibly impressed by the stream (and the fixed-up cutdown on YouTube). An incredible feat, no two ways about it, and the closest TV has come to evoking immersive theater (which makes sense given Punchdrunk's involvement). Shame the series itself was a bit wank, but that thing can exist on its own and be worth it all. Highly recommend it to everyone. Jude Law is an absolute trouper for going through all of that - on live TV, no less.

I hope Pemberton/Shearsmith were watching. Seems like an idea they could do a whole lot with.

batwings

I liked the the first section of the series, with Jude Law coming to the island, mainly for the dream-like cinematography and disorienting narrative. The proceeding live event really was something special which sort of worked against the third section which, in comparison, was merely a competent and fairly traditional thriller. I do wonder how a non-COVID version of Autumn, with a full-on open-to-the-public festival taking place would have turned out.

Magnum Valentino

Mind when the cameraman set the camera on a table for fucking ages near the end and you couldn't see anything?

Mind that?