Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:59:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BBC Casualty in the 1980s

Started by Virgo76, July 05, 2021, 07:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila

Quote from: greencalx on August 09, 2021, 07:54:21 PM
It sounds like we have a similar sense of humour...

I've often thought that the writers' room for both Casualty and Holby must break down in giggles sometimes, with the mad plots (or terrible things they put the characters through). Sometimes it's just the names -- to this day I still laugh remembering that Casualty had a character on it called Stitch for a while.

Cerys

I remember the day that Holby City had an episode in which there was a Matt Parker and a Trey Stone.

Attila

I also like spotting older actors who pop up on both Holby and Casualty as patients (and pretending they are in fact older versions of one of their previous characters -- for example, it wasn't Christopher Timothy showing up as a horrible, racist old geezer, it was a rogue evil twin of James Herriot. Geoffrey Davies showed up in a Casualty years back, so yup, it's Dr Dick Stuart-Clark himself, &c).

Childish, I know, but I gets my kicks.

colin Baker rocked up as a mysterious stranger in one episode.

QuoteA strange man, David Vincent (Colin Baker), turns up at the hospital with a burnt hand. He has a device that can repair the department computers and, when accidentally triggered, causes a power cut.

I just remember him having green eyes.

greencalx

Leslie Ash popped up the other week. Spent the whole show thinking it was Amanda Redman.

Am I about the person to grow up in Britain and never have watched a minute of this programme?

Cerys

Quote from: A Hat Like That on August 14, 2021, 10:50:47 AM

QuoteDavid Vincent

He knows.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: A Hat Like That on August 14, 2021, 10:50:47 AM

I just remember him having green eyes.

Had him on the ward insisting he'd encountered aliens but (iirc) he'd really just been zapped by an electric fence, ended with Casualty staff making terrible puns about 'contact' because his 'I've been possessed by aliens, look my eyes are weird that's proof isn't it' weird eyes turned out to just be contact lenses (groan). + his odd behaviour was just him being a arrogant alien obsessed dick.
(& somebody on the writing side must've been watching the BBC2 repeats of The Invaders around the same time/a year or so earlier)

The Mollusk

Quote from: Attila on July 05, 2021, 04:45:01 PM

Anyone suddenly waking up from any brain surgery as if they'd just been knocked out to have a tooth pulled gets on my wick, having nursed my mother back from an operation to save her from a subdural haemotoma about 10 years ago.

10 years ago and she's still waking up? Fucking hell, I can't imagine how many Cafe Nero stamp cards you must have got through.