Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:03:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Do you keep track of the films you watch?

Started by privatefriend, July 05, 2021, 01:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

if people review obscure stuff it means they're trying to get one over on me and make me look a cunt to loads of people i'm imagining

MoreauVasz

Quote from: chveik on July 12, 2021, 07:57:29 PM
i don't really see what's wrong with people reviewing the most obscure stuff, i can sympathize with cinema obsessives, it's a weird addiction and the clout is almost non-existent. and they can be useful when you want to track down a hard-to-find film

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I don't use letterboxd but one of the pidcasters I follow uses it and has that approach and is a constant source of joy and puzzlement. Feelings I rarely get from Hollywood films.

JamesTC

I like to review obscure art films like The Nutty Professor II: Facing the Fear and Robocop: Crash and Burn.

Famous Mortimer

My main takeaway from it is how many dead clever films zomgmouse watches, compared to me watching a right load of old shite.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 12, 2021, 10:28:10 PM
My main takeaway from it is how many dead clever films zomgmouse watches, compared to me watching a right load of old shite.

Hahahahaha. I'm too this for old shite

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on July 12, 2021, 05:21:50 PM
i can hardly stand looking at the reviews on letterbxd because the top voted review is always some weasel fucking smart-ass meme-posting twitter z-list e-celeb cunt with some dreadful eye-roll one-sentence under 240 characters blue tick quip cue 2000 upvotes

just to look at some random movies here

I'm with you on that front, I just want to see what people thought of the film and feel a bit annoyed that the most popular reviews are (often poor) attempts at humour, I know as FM says you can block people, but it'd mean blocking thousands.

Quote from: chveik on July 12, 2021, 07:57:29 PM
i don't really see what's wrong with people reviewing the most obscure stuff, i can sympathize with cinema obsessives, it's a weird addiction and the clout is almost non-existent. and they can be useful when you want to track down a hard-to-find film

Absolutely with you there too (possibly as I've reviewed occasionally obscure stuff myself) but I find it interesting to read about and can't understand why someone would object to it, and surely you're unlikely to even see it unless you're searching for that particular film?

Famous Mortimer

Lots of the lists have unreleased or lost movies on them, or ones that have never been released with an English dub or subtitles. Every long list, at some point, will have a series of Turkish movies from the 70s on it, or a ton of stuff that no-one can possibly have seen, and given it's for people to talk about the stuff they have, it renders it a little irritating.