Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:37:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CABers favourite underrated albums or recent underrated albums?

Started by willbo, July 05, 2021, 08:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiteface

The 2007-2018 output of The Smashing Pumpkins, i.e. before Billy Corgan was able to patch things up with James Iha, doesn't get enough love.

Oceania was the closest the Pumpkins had sounded to an actual band in 20 years. Really wish Mike Byrne and Nicole Fiorentino stuck around a bit longer.

I'd also bring up Zwan but all the best Zwan tracks aren't on the album. Best to stick with the 2001/2002 bootlegs. The handful of Djali Zwan shows at the end of 2001 are really good, and not just Zwan unplugged.

willbo

Quote from: Spiteface on July 09, 2021, 12:17:05 AM
The 2007-2018 output of The Smashing Pumpkins, i.e. before Billy Corgan was able to patch things up with James Iha, doesn't get enough love.

Oceania was the closest the Pumpkins had sounded to an actual band in 20 years. Really wish Mike Byrne and Nicole Fiorentino stuck around a bit longer.

I'd also bring up Zwan but all the best Zwan tracks aren't on the album. Best to stick with the 2001/2002 bootlegs. The handful of Djali Zwan shows at the end of 2001 are really good, and not just Zwan unplugged.

I actually meant to get the Zeitgeist album but never got round to it