Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,476
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:07:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Help me remember the name of this absolute shite US drama series

Started by kngen, July 06, 2021, 04:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kngen

Was shown on late-night ITV (in Scotland at least). The premise (and this is very hazily remembered) seemed to be that it jumped between time periods - possibly the 60s and 80s - with the protagonists in the earlier decades facing the same dilemmas as their children would in the present day, sometimes offering sage advice or sometimes being hyprocritical (which would be underlined to a flashback to them making a similar mistake in their era). The name was a song lyric that summed up the nostalgia aspect - That'll Be The Day or Those Were The Days (although an IMDB check suggests it doesn't seem to be either of them).

And I'm pretty sure that, in one episode, it was shown that the family's gardener or cook or general dogsbody was a secret satanist. Very 80s zeitgeist (although I think I watched it in the early 90s).

Anyway, I woke up at 4 this morning, and decided to torture myself by trying to remember what it was called. I'm very tired. Please help.

Edit: The song lyric title might be a red herring, as I could possibly be mixing that up with Life Goes On, which was shown around the same time, but is definitely not the same programme.

Dex Sawash

Dex Sawash

kngen

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 07, 2021, 01:03:03 AM
Oh, you said life goes on already.

I'm starting to think it might be Life Goes On, and it might have just been one particular episode that did the flashbacks/forwards and that just lodged in my mind, but it was a programme that I would actively avoid, especially when stoned, because I couldn't wrap my addled head around whether or not the actor playing Corky was being exploited or not.