Author Topic: Priti's Fantasy Island  (Read 1433 times)

Tony Tony Tony

• Cumsock crying into my meal for one.
Priti's Fantasy Island
« on: July 06, 2021, 05:17:47 PM »
I know the doings of Priti Patel are something of a bone of contention on here, but the latest wheeze from the desk of darkness seems to be a worry should you live on a smallish offshore island, like say the Isle of Man.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/05/priti-patel-to-reveal-proposals-for-offshore-centres-for-asylum-seekers

Failing that prison hulks in the Thames may still be available.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
  • MAKE ROOM FOR THE MUSHROOMS
Re: Priti's Fantasy Island
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 05:23:59 PM »
Surely the best way to stop people smugglers would be to make it far easier for people to enter the UK to seek asylum so refugees don't have to pay people smugglers?

Also, given there is a massive labour shortage in certain roles why not allow asylum seekers to work while their claim is being processed, which also means they won't be relying on incredibly low benefits?

That would make more sense than spending millions on offshore camps for desperate people fleeing war and starvation, but it wouldn't give the tabloids a way to distract people from the venality of the government and their friends in the media and big business.

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
Sterile promontory
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 05:46:55 PM »
Heheh, just listening to a bit of the old Hawkwind and feeling very quantum and thinking about the matryoshka doll set of tiny cold dark hopeless islands, one of which, one layer of which, is being squatted on by the evil toad Priti, you have to look in all the boxes to find which one (and who would fucking bother).  What a tiny horrible monster she is.  Keep the lids on tight.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 05:52:10 PM »
The Home Office needs dismantling. Also saw:

The new legislation will allow the U.K to grant more visas to countries which take back illegal migrants and reduce the number of visas or charge higher prices for papers to those nations which don’t.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-06/u-k-will-allow-border-force-to-return-migrant-boats-to-france

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 06:00:46 PM »
I think she's looking to send them somewhere further away than the Isle of Man. Ascension Island is mentioned in the linked article.

AllisonSays

• disappointed bridge
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2021, 06:05:02 PM »
I feel like an Australian-style hyper-violent border regime is going to be one of the main consequences of Brexit; not that the EU's is much less violent, but I'm sure Patel and pals will find a way to make it even worse, particularly in the context of an opposition that refuses to criticise them on immigration because of its obsession with securing the consent of the mythical 'white working class'. Gonna be grim.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 06:05:27 PM »
Didnt she posit this ages ago? I guess the nasty party are back now that COVID is done!

Tony Tony Tony

• Cumsock crying into my meal for one.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2021, 07:01:45 PM »
I think she's looking to send them somewhere further away than the Isle of Man. Ascension Island is mentioned in the linked article.

Reckon Ascension seems a tad too far. Migrants would have to be flown there in RAF Hercules and dropped out of the back through that flappy bit.

The Isle of Man seems much more convenient and it was turned into a giant internment camp during WW2. Also if you have seen how bleak Douglas is these days it already has the look of a holding centre for desperate individuals.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2021, 08:02:33 PM »
She'll dump them on a Scottish island, that's a cert; possibly Gruinard, which is apparently free of anthrax now.

Butchers Blind

• Adios pantaloons!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2021, 08:07:08 PM »
Can't we, you know, make them disappear?

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2021, 08:16:48 PM »

There's probably plenty of Express readers who would genuinely like to see people put on boat and sunk.

It'd be good for shipping and the steel industry, best reopen the mines while we're at it!!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2021, 08:29:28 PM »

The Corryvrekan Whirlpool (Not far from anthrax island). Fall into that and you'll never be seen again.

Johnny Yesno

• Perfume of a critic's burning flesh
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2021, 08:35:41 PM »

The last I heard, it's Rwanda: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/priti-patels-plan-dump-asylum-24417563

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2021, 09:02:26 PM »
The Corryvrekan Whirlpool (Not far from anthrax island). Fall into that and you'll never be seen again.

In mid-August 1947 the author George Orwell nearly drowned in the Corryvreckan whirlpool.[13][14] Seeking to focus his main energies on completing a novel destined to become the dystopian classic Nineteen Eighty-Four, Orwell had fled the distractions of London in April 1947 and taken up temporary residence on the isolated island of Jura in the Inner Hebrides.

On the return leg of an August boating day trip to nearby Glengarrisdale, Orwell seems to have misread the local tide tables and steered into rough seas that drove his boat near to the whirlpool. When the boat’s small engine suddenly sheared off from its mounts and dropped into the sea, Orwell's party resorted to oars and was saved from drowning only when the whirlpool began to recede and the group managed to paddle the distressed craft to a rocky outcrop about 1 mi (2 km) distant from the Jura coastline. The boat capsized as the group tried to disembark, leaving Orwell, his two companions, and his three-year-old son stranded on the uninhabited outcrop with no supplies or means of escape. They were rescued only when passing lobstermen noticed a fire the party had lit in an effort to keep warm.[15] Orwell completed a first draft of Nineteen Eighty-Four about three months after the Corryvreckan incident, with the final manuscript not finished until late 1948.

Twit 2

• Banano-contemplating thrice burgle
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2021, 09:56:05 PM »
Sounds like he got into BIG BOTHER

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2021, 12:02:12 AM »
They were rescued only when passing lobstermen noticed a fire

???

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

• Living proof of everything wrong with the world
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2021, 12:41:51 AM »
Take a leaf out of our book and stick them in "provision centres" miles from any urban area and serve them shit that prisoners wouldn't eat at set times just to frustrate their attempts to a) integrate with society b) get a job.

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2021, 12:45:01 AM »
Have we tried integrating them into our society and helping them find their feet so they can contribute to this ECONOMY these tory rat cunts care so much about?

Sounds like a decent plan to me.

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2021, 09:47:58 AM »
Enter the UK without entry clearance and that's now a criminal offence with up to four years in prison - in violation of the Refugee Convention.

Help an asylum seeker into the country and the maximum sentence is now life, with the previous requirement that you were doing it for gain being dropped. So, say, if you know someone who's fleeing Hong Kong because of the political crackdown and you send them money to pay for the plane ticket then you could be off to prison.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/the-nationality-and-borders-bill-2021-first-impressions/

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2021, 11:20:18 AM »
Help an asylum seeker into the country and the maximum sentence is now life, with the previous requirement that you were doing it for gain being dropped. So, say, if you know someone who's fleeing Hong Kong because of the political crackdown and you send them money to pay for the plane ticket then you could be off to prison.

Or if you're working for the RNLI and bring an asylum-seeker ashore after saving their life.

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2021, 11:25:29 AM »
I presume the only reason they don't mention the Falkland islands as a suitable location for refugee location is due to it stirring up a conflict of emotions in the patriotic Brits. Can't have fought the good fight for this surely.

Ascension Island though; sure no one even cares enough to fight the Brits for us.

Beagle 2

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2021, 11:30:29 AM »
Also if you have seen how bleak Douglas is these days it already has the look of a holding centre for desperate individuals.

Ha, that's a bit harsh. Obviously I haven't been there for a couple of years but it didn't look too shabby last time I was there. "Multicultural" is not a phrase that springs to mind though.

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2021, 11:34:05 AM »
Watch as the Home Office set up a camp on Monster Island and within a year we're besieged by 300ft tall asylum seekers with atomic breath.

idunnosomename

• FROG ON THE BIG WHEEL
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2021, 11:37:08 AM »
They told us it was just a name!

Johnny Yesno

• Perfume of a critic's burning flesh
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2021, 12:36:51 AM »

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2021, 10:56:02 AM »
Just thought I'd leave this here.  Very much worth watching if you have ten minutes.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
  • MAKE ROOM FOR THE MUSHROOMS
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2021, 08:41:21 PM »
We can afford £54.2m to try and keep desperate people from reaching the UK but we can't afford to feed children or give NHS staff in England a proper pay rise. Still, I'm sure the French police will be glad of the money.

Tags: