Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:41:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Question of Sport host chosen

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 08, 2021, 10:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

It's Paddy McGuinness!

I know there are lots of fans of McGuinness on here so I'm sure you will all be delighted. I'll continue to never watch this show - the one thing I liked about a Question of Sport was how the host was a female, compared to many panel shows, but it wasn't enough for me to watch people guess who scored a goal against Portugal in 1974 or whatever they do.

QuoteThe programme will also get two new team captains for its 51st series.

Hockey player Sam Quek and rugby star Ugo Monye will take over from Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57761226

sevendaughters

jobotic

Imagine the bantz. This is gonna be so cheeky.

Kankurette

Imagine if it had been Alex Scott. Gammon Twitter would have shit its collective pants in rage.

jobotic

Tuffers and Dawsers are going? Oh what?

lankyguy95

Paddy McGuinness must be threatening to expose a BBC scandal. And they either have to Jill Dando him or give him more game shows.

DrGreggles

Wasn't aware Question of Sport was still a thing.

sevendaughters

i guess they're looking to turn QOS into that shit inferior Sky version of it then? Quek feels like a bit of a Loaded throwback in some ways.

Kankurette

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 08, 2021, 11:11:47 AM
i guess they're looking to turn QOS into that shit inferior Sky version of it then? Quek feels like a bit of a Loaded throwback in some ways.
Ugh. Can't stand her.

beanheadmcginty

amateur

Question Of Sport AKA "Tuffers Says Umm For Half An Hour"

Gurke and Hare

What's the view on Tuffers? He seems like a GBOL, but because he's got the chirpy cockney thing going on I always assume there must be some kind of cuntitude going on with him. I've never actually identified it though, and he's always pretty good teamed with Aggers on TMS.

The Paddy McGuinness thing is actually pretty good work from the BBC, because the outrage at that has pretty much drowned out any gammon huffing about the new team captains being a woman and a black man. Just lots of people going on about how it's being dumbed down into an entertainment show, as if Emlyn Hughes comedically thinking a picture of Princess Anne was John Reid was serious telly up with Kenneth Clark's Civilisation.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on July 08, 2021, 01:50:11 PM
The Paddy McGuinness thing is actually pretty good work from the BBC, because the outrage at that has pretty much drowned out any gammon huffing about the new team captains being a woman and a black man. Just lots of people going on about how it's being dumbed down into an entertainment show, as if Emlyn Hughes comedically thinking a picture of Princess Anne was John Reid was serious telly up with Kenneth Clark's Civilisation.

it was always light-hearted but they would have proper athletes on who didn't play it for laughs and were respected as such, also a non-comedian host gave the show some gravitas.

I like Tuffers. He is playing the fool rather than is a fool, almost a proper English eccentric figure, and I like his stints on TMS (even though I am a curmudgeon who thinks there's far too much laughter on it these days) because of his curiosity and gentleness.

Jittlebags

Bollocks. I had a tenner's bet that it was going to be Baroness Dido (Fucking) Harding.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 08, 2021, 11:11:47 AM
Meanwhile A League Of Their Own seems to have turned into Clarkson-era Top Gear, all zany expeditions and bants with the lads and no questions.

Gurke and Hare

It's a bit pointless now anyway. Back in the day, there was hardly any sport on telly so watching Question of Sport meant you got to see some sport, which was good. Now there about a thousand sports channels, and probably some sport happening while Question of Sport is on so you'll watch that instead.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on July 08, 2021, 12:47:39 PM
Bring back Bill Beaumont

That was my era, along with Emlyn Hughes and David Coleman. By the time Barker came along I hadn't watched it in a decade and only then because my aul' lad liked it. Wikipedia tells me it's going since 1968 which surprises me.

It's always been shit for cunts so McGuinness is a good choice, if he can manage to go 10 minutes without saying ding dang doo or whatever shite he comes out with. I don't follow his career.

jamiefairlie

I just remember David Vine before Coleman.