Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:40:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cunt police pleads guilty.

Started by bgmnts, July 09, 2021, 12:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Buelligan

Haven't watched all of it yet but this from Owen Jones on the subject is worth watching - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0sCvOBn_9E

Cerys

Quote from: Zetetic on October 04, 2021, 08:00:27 AM
While I take the point in general, any police officer suspensions should be publicly declared along with the reasons so I think it's moot here.

A fair point.

Paul Calf

Just 'cos I'm from the IPCC
Cunt police aren't afraid of me.

Buelligan

Quote from: Zarah Sultana MP@zarahsultana
After the murder of Jean Charles de Menezes, Cressida Dick should never have been appointed Met Police Commissioner.

After her officers attacked women holding a vigil for Sarah Everard, she should have resigned.

It's utterly indefensible that she's still in her role.

https://twitter.com/zarahsultana/status/1444797026093371394

mothman

Quote from: Cerys on October 04, 2021, 05:22:47 AM
Fucking disgusting that they release his name before he's been found guilty.

Though there are sure to be restrictions around reporting elements of the case while it's ongoing, I think once there is a charge it's in the public domain. Unless they manage to get an injunction against the name being made public, which I'm sure the Met would love to try, but even they must know how well that'd go down in the current climate...

bgmnts

It just goes to show how fucked lots of women are when even putting women in positions of power does fuck all to change anything.

mothman

This is why the Tories will surely choose Priti Patel or Liz Truss as next leader. Then they can point to that token gesture as them doing something about it (while nothing actually changes, which is the point).

Endicott

Quote from: bgmnts on October 04, 2021, 01:23:03 PM
It just goes to show how fucked lots of women are when even putting women in positions of power does fuck all to change anything.

Alternatively, it tells you very little about women in general, but a lot about how rigged the system is.

bgmnts

Quote from: Endicott on October 04, 2021, 01:29:12 PM
Alternatively, it tells you very little about women in general, but a lot about how rigged the system is.

By 'how fucked lots of women are' i didnt meant how amoral or cold they are, I meant how vulnerable and bleak their prospects are, due to yes the systems being shit and rigged.

Just thought i'd clarify.

Endicott

No worries, looks like I mentally inserted an 'up' that you didn't write.

Buelligan

Men or women, we're all fucked, I think, until we change the way our system's run.  We need to stop with the careful now, roll up our sleeves and make some radical choices.  Some sane choices.

Cerys

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Cerys on October 08, 2021, 03:03:12 PM
This will be the last straw that finally gets the whole police system cleaned up for good.
oh look right on time a story that makes the local coppers seem lovely and cuddly and the rules that govern them ridiculous and draconian

Icehaven

I dunno, I don't think pinching 90p from charity exactly makes you look lovely and cuddly, although granted it's not as bad as being a rapist or murderer, it just adds petty theft and casual dishonesty to the list.

Buelligan

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 08, 2021, 03:22:08 PM
oh look right on time a story that makes the local coppers seem lovely and cuddly and the rules that govern them ridiculous and draconian

Heheh.  Fucking cunts.

Ferris

Cerys

I'm thinking that all the lovely policemen who turn a blind eye to misogyny are going to rethink how much they trust their colleagues now that they know there's a Jaffa Cake thief among them.  They won't be able to relax.  Any of them could be working alongside a Mars Bar stealing monster.  I tell you, the entire force will undergo a major overhaul of attitudes when they realise quite how much danger their doughnuts are in.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: icehaven on October 08, 2021, 04:45:25 PM
I dunno, I don't think pinching 90p from charity exactly makes you look lovely and cuddly, although granted it's not as bad as being a rapist or murderer, it just adds petty theft and casual dishonesty to the list.
but icehaven, they eat Jaffa Cakes just like us, and really, haven't West Yorkshire Police got more important things to do than read some copper the riot act over a few Jaffa Cakes, it's political correctness gone mad

Buelligan

And now this - Sarah Everard: Baroness Louise Casey to lead review into Met Police.

Have a read of the Baroness' Wiki CV - seems like she's spent her highly successful career in charge of suffering for the UK Government (an we all know how that's improved).
QuoteShe became Director General of the Troubled Families Unit on 1 November 2011... Casey left the programme in 2015, and an official evaluation by the National Institute for Economic and Social Research (NIESR) published in 2016 found that despite the £1 billion spent on the programme, it had failed to have any significant impact. In response Casey stated: "They had not, frankly, put any of the caveats in the public domain" and that "they have misrepresented their own research". NIESR disputed these statements.

So expecting great things, then.  Useless fucking cunts.

Quote from: Cerys on October 08, 2021, 06:56:49 PM
I'm thinking that all the lovely policemen who turn a blind eye to misogyny are going to rethink how much they trust their colleagues now that they know there's a Jaffa Cake thief among them.

If it turns out to be a woman, they'll feel vindicated.

Cerys

A woman?  Stealing Jaffa Cakes?  Never!

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: MojoJojo on September 30, 2021, 09:24:12 AM
I can't work out if the two police being investigated for head wounds he received in custody make me feel better or worse about the police.

Feels like more of a kicking for making the institution look bad doesn't it?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on September 30, 2021, 09:49:47 AM
One thing I do credit police with is having a sixth sense for a wrong un, and this guy's colleagues clearly had him clocked as such given the nickname they gave him and they did...absolutely nothing about it. Wild.

Zodiak killer being a case in point

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: MojoJojo on September 30, 2021, 11:47:02 AM
It was in the context of it looked like they were being investigated because they'd tried to help him escape/get away with it (e.g. him wiping his phone suspiciously close to his arrest suggesting he'd been warned). Obviously police beating up any prisoner is a bad thing, but I think it's preferable to them helping each other get away with murder.

Is it an either or tho? Help him hide further damming evidence, kick his head in after he's done all this stuff - helping support the police as serial killer 007s and making a show of bouncing him off a toilet AFTER the fact doesn't feel like enough of an effort to make me feel good. Duffing him up now feels like an act of trying to make a false binary of ARE THE POLICE KICKING HIS HEAD IN OR HELPING HIM? to wich the answer is YES. Yes they are.

touchingcloth

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 09, 2021, 12:01:07 PM
Feels like more of a kicking for making the institution look bad doesn't it?

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a punishment for him not sharing videos of his attack on WhatsApp.

Quote from: Cerys on October 09, 2021, 08:53:06 AM
A woman?  Stealing Jaffa Cakes?  Never!

It happened in my hall of residence at college.