Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:06:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cunt police pleads guilty.

Started by bgmnts, July 09, 2021, 12:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

It was how he was going to dump the body on HIS OWN LAND. And then didn't manage to get it there. Would've been the perfect crime otherwise

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: steve98 on July 09, 2021, 05:51:41 PM
Sounds like this guy will move immediately to the top of the to do list (Giving Watkins(Ian) a break.)
just when I was sure that this thread wasn't going to degenerate into people delighting in prison rape

earl_sleek

Quote from: icehaven on July 09, 2021, 01:59:31 PM
I'm not sure of the process for ending up in a secure hospital like Broadmoor other than mental health issues being involved (i.e. you're declared legally insane for example), but I think that would already have been raised if that were the case with this, but again I don't really know much about that side of it.

I think a Section 37 (or 37/41) order under the Mental Health Act is usually how people get sent to secure units (certainly in my limited experience with forensic mental health it is) - he hasn't been sentenced yet so the judge could still order that. Would be interesting if that turns out to be the case, his behaviour does seem very odd and I'd be surprised if there aren't details that the public haven't heard yet.

steve98

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on July 09, 2021, 06:08:30 PM
just when I was sure that this thread wasn't going to degenerate into people delighting in prison rape

"Delighting in"? Don't know how you work that out.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Twit 2 on July 09, 2021, 05:58:58 PMit's unbelievable how he made no effort whatsoever to not be traced.

Thanks to some of the 2 million cameras dotted around the country they knew she got in his car so I doubt they were going to be looking for anyone else. Anyone doing anything like this on the streets of London has to either be extremely careful (hoodie, obscured number plates etc) or want to get caught.

Or choose a black victim because the police aren't going to put as much effort in then.

Buelligan

Quote from: earl_sleek on July 09, 2021, 06:08:41 PM
I think a Section 37 (or 37/41) order under the Mental Health Act is usually how people get sent to secure units (certainly in my limited experience with forensic mental health it is) - he hasn't been sentenced yet so the judge could still order that. Would be interesting if that turns out to be the case, his behaviour does seem very odd and I'd be surprised if there aren't details that the public haven't heard yet.

Though this presents some difficult questions for the Met - if his behaviour was very odd, why didn't they do anything about the very odd behaviour? 

The man was a firearms person, someone not only responsible for being capable of using a firearm with proper responsibility but also tasked with the security of individuals and groups seen as particularly under threat (and therefore in need of extremely diligent and responsible oversight and protection).  And yet, as you say, his behaviour was palpably odd, even to the point where he was apparently committing public sex crimes (and nothing was being done about them when they were reported).

How can the Met square this circle?  To me, they cannot.  Cunt police.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 09, 2021, 01:41:23 PM
It's not really clear why he did it. I wonder if there's more to this than we're seeing at the moment.

Er, he wanted to rape a young woman? And then planned to hide the body. It's not exactly a head-scratcher.

Buelligan

I know fuck-all about this case, apart from being utterly dismayed by it, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was about impunity, about power to behave in terrible proscribed ways and getting away with it.  To get the hit off of it, there has to be risk, otherwise how does it confirm your ubermenschness?  Joining the cunt police is an obvious step on that path.

pigamus

My guess is this isn't the first, and he did nothing to stop himself being caught because he wanted to be caught.

idunnosomename

His nickname was "the rapist".
Bobby banter

Thursday

Wish I was the cunt police. Nobody would be allowed near a cunt except me 😏😏😏 😂😂😂

Buelligan

That might prove somewhat problematic for some of us.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: steve98 on July 09, 2021, 05:51:41 PM
(Giving Watkins(Ian) a break.)

Poor Ian. KitKats only come in 4-packs now - they were all eaten by Lee, Lisa, Faye and Claire.

Twit 2

I hope he goes to a prison for "real jerks."

imitationleather

I've never met a policeman but if this is what they're all like you can keep them!

Twit 2

I love policemen but I couldn't eat a whole one!

idunnosomename

A policeman let me wear his helmet once! Made my day. I was 28 years old.

buzby

Quote from: Twit 2 on July 09, 2021, 05:58:58 PM
Reading the details in the Sky link above, it's unbelievable how he made no effort whatsoever to not be traced. You'd think that a copper of all people would have at least attempted to cover his tracks but, no, the old scraggly woods it is.

That alone must be a sign he was off his head.
Well, he did wipe the data from his phone 39 minutes before they came to his house to arrest him. However, that just opens up the avenue that he was tipped off by one of the other officers involved (presumably one of the 12 who were being investigated for misconduct relating to the case).

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Twit 2 on July 09, 2021, 05:58:58 PM
That alone must be a sign he was off his head.

If you are seriously implying an MH angle[nb]as I appreciate "off his head" is a colloquialism[/nb] on this then I would absolutely advise caution he hasn't displayed any signs or symptoms other than the expectation that because he is a copper he would have covered his tracks when it's just quite likely he thought he would get away with it because he wouldn't be a suspect.  I've not seen any evidence of any psychopathology so far (not saying it isn't possible but looks very unlikely on the evidence so far). 

Seems to be a very sinister and calculated crime, rape is all about power and control which is how he dictated his disgusting act using his status as a "trusted" member of society to opportunistically isolate and murder a young woman (with murder often following these crimes as a way of removing the witness).  Nothing suggests his full responsibility should be diminished in this.

pigamus

It seems half calculated and half not calculated at all, that's the weird thing about it. Obviously he's complacent and arrogant but he's not stupid. Or maybe he is.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: pigamus on September 29, 2021, 02:06:09 PM
It seems half calculated and half not calculated at all, that's the weird thing about it. Obviously he's complacent and arrogant but he's not stupid. Or maybe he is.

Complacent and arrogant people are stupid.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: TrenterIf you are seriously implying an MH angle[1] on this then I would absolutely advise caution

Careful. Mental health mate. Mental health there mate. Mental health there. Careful.

pigamus

Just put one of those yellow things down, you know like for a wet floor

touchingcloth

Had the details about the cunt police using his credentials to coerce Everard been made public before today? Somehow this case hasn't yet finished getting worse.

Icehaven

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 29, 2021, 03:01:06 PM
Had the details about the cunt police using his credentials to coerce Everard been made public before today? Somehow this case hasn't yet finished getting worse.

No but there was speculation, particularly given how much focus was put on the fact he's a policeman, it seemed pretty likely he'd done something like that to get her into his car without it looking like he was kidnapping her.   

GMTV

Quote from: buzby on September 29, 2021, 01:44:30 PM
Well, he did wipe the data from his phone 39 minutes before they came to his house to arrest him. However, that just opens up the avenue that he was tipped off by one of the other officers involved (presumably one of the 12 who were being investigated for misconduct relating to the case).

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 29, 2021, 02:50:54 PM
Careful. Mental health mate. Mental health there mate. Mental health there. Careful.

So am I meant to ignore this? or reply and then get blamed for being the instigator? Not sure.

1. You are a very salty bald man (two threads now)
2. I was being quite polite and purposely not trying to moralise in making my point about the often prejudicial link between MH and violent crime.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 29, 2021, 03:01:06 PM

The details are very chilling; I reckon this could potentially lead to the Met atleast being forced to make it look like they are doing something to reduce the risk of this happening again.  It brings the police into a massive area of disrepute and not a brown or black face to try and distract from it.  Very interested to see what happens.

idunnosomename

im sure Cressida Dick will perform a full investigation and be given an enormous medal for it