Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I really really don't want England to win the Euros [split topic]

Started by Keebleman, July 11, 2021, 04:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Also, re American fans, from Tumblr:
QuoteI can't stand brits tweeting about having it back home, football belongs to Italy now fuck you
Scotland and Wales want a word.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Kankurette on July 11, 2021, 09:16:56 PM
Also, re American fans, from Tumblr:Scotland and Wales want a word.

Haha they called it football they have to go to prison now.

Kankurette

I didn't know about the Superbowl and DV but sadly, not surprised.

H-O-W-L

Dr Rock

Do you know what Italians call England? Inghilterra. Not even close.

Consignia

Quote from: Kankurette on July 11, 2021, 09:18:11 PM
I didn't know about the Superbowl and DV but sadly, not surprised.

Thankfully, it's not true: https://newrepublic.com/article/120917/super-bowl-sunday-domestic-violence

Sadly there does seem to be a colleration between football matches and DV, seemingly alcohol is the big factor in it. https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2021/07/09/domestic-violence-surges-after-a-football-match-ends

H-O-W-L

cum in an gland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! core some fucking holes!!!!!

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Consignia on July 11, 2021, 09:26:39 PM
Thankfully, it's not true: https://newrepublic.com/article/120917/super-bowl-sunday-domestic-violence

Sadly there does seem to be a colleration between football matches and DV, seemingly alcohol is the big factor in it. https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2021/07/09/domestic-violence-surges-after-a-football-match-ends

Glad to hear it's untrue for the Superbowl though yeah, it's very clearly not a UK-exclusive thing. Fucking hate all this handsy ballsy footsy orb bollocks. Bring back hanging for traffic wardens.

canadagoose

1-1. I really hate that I felt good when that happened even though I actually want England to do well. I blame my upbringing. Don't worry, I'm trying to overcome it.

idunnosomename

come on britain. score another goal and win the game!!!!

Video Game Fan 2000

I want them to lose on penalties in the most disappointing, arbitrary, low excitement way possible. The Italian goalie falls over and keeps the ball out of the goal with his bum.

Kankurette

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on July 11, 2021, 09:49:57 PM
I want them to lose on penalties in the most disappointing, arbitrary, low excitement way possible. The Italian goalie falls over and keeps the ball out of the goal with his bum.
If any keeper's going to save a goal with his arse, it's going to be Pickford. He's got a juicy pair of buns.

Zetetic

QuoteThe more level-headed question is: what outcome gives us the best chance to change things societally? My heart wants them to lose, but I suspect that will just snap everything back to normal—we won't get anywhere new. By contrast, my head says it's worth a punt to hope they win. Maybe some of the peasants will convince themselves it's not the only thing they can win. Maybe they can win something else—a pay rise, for example. It may help to break the serf mentality.
The only positive way forward in our lifetimes involves the rejection of the "English" identity and the destruction of "England" as a politico-administrative unit.

I'm leaning towards "hope they lose", accordingly.

Kankurette

What, like splitting it into London and everywhere else?

pancreas

Quote from: Zetetic on July 11, 2021, 10:12:45 PM
The only positive way forward in our lifetimes involves the rejection of the "English" identity and the destruction of "England" as a politico-administrative unit.

I'm leaning towards "hope they lose", accordingly.

I suppose I wonder that the English identity is predicated on being a loser. Losers of the Empire, losers at sport, losers of fishing rights, losers of their jobs to foreigners. I'm just suggesting that it might be worth a go to let it win something pointless for a change, just to see what happens.

Is it finished yet? I can't hear any screaming outside ...

Dusty Substance

pancreas

Barry Admin

I lost my $10m bet because apparently bookies count the game as a draw??!! Because it went to extra time? What a load of old bollocks.

Petey Pate

How long until the first Telegraph column blames the loss on BLM?

MoreauVasz

Oswald Mosley! Jimmy Saville! Justin Lee Collins! Your boys took one hell of a beating!

Leej88

That player should have got a red card for pulling back the player like that,the ref was awful their players kept pulling us back

popcorn

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 11, 2021, 11:23:13 PM
I lost my $10m bet because apparently bookies count the game as a draw??!! Because it went to extra time? What a load of old bollocks.

Wait is that why I lost my bet too? I thought I was too stupid to understand betting and had accidentally bet for Italy to lose.

We came second. That's pretty good!
Imagine coming second in a competition.
How happy you'd be!

I only just found out that this wasn't the world cup :S

Quote from: canadagoose on July 11, 2021, 09:29:44 PM
1-1. I really hate that I felt good when that happened even though I actually want England to do well. I blame my upbringing. Don't worry, I'm trying to overcome it.

Haha, yeah, I only learned quite late on in life that not EVERYBODY who likes football is an utter cunt. I'm not beaming, that's progress. Would have been nice to see everyone smiling, apart from the louts who were shouting and swearing and playing 3 lions down the cycle track minutes after england scored. At least it shut those fuckers up.