Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:49:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cameron's Greenhill salary revealed

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 13, 2021, 12:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Over 1 million dollars for 25 days work, which apparently works out at £29,000 per day

The same man who oversaw a decade of brutal austerity cuts.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

He should be driven over so hard that his entire body and mind is dead.

JamesTC

robhug

Johnny Yesno

Well, you have to attract applications from the right calibre of candidate, mate. This isn't a role you could entrust to just anyone, like nursing.

Jittlebags

That'll pay to deep clean his shepherd's hut, what with all the wanking in there.

Buelligan

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 13, 2021, 02:24:27 PM
Well, you have to attract applications from the right calibre of candidate, mate. This isn't a role you could entrust to just anyone, like nursing.

Heh.  Funny you mention that.  As you may know, I work in a restaurant kitchen, we keep it like a fucking operating theatre.  We're as poorly paid as it's legal to be[nb]to the point that, right now, the very hardest, busiest, time for restaurants, we underlings were told that any extra hours, worked outside our normal shifts in the place I work, wouldn't be paid from 22 July because the accountant is going on holiday, fucking yes.  The highly paid accountant having a luxury holiday whilst we're all scrubbing away, can't be arsed or bothered with our little lives so we have to work extra hours for free.[/nb].  Anyway, was scrubbing away diligently, keeping it all perfect for the hundred, millionth, time at the end of a shift, when I thought about the people, I'm sure they're paid as badly as I am, whose job it is to keep actual operating theatres clean after every shift for the hundred, millionth, time.  How hard it is keep standards up, especially when your time is so limited, no one sees or cares whether you do or not until you're long gone.  People need to think about it.  I know some do but really, I hope to god, if anyone I ever love has to go into hospital, the cleaners are hugely more decent and motivated than the Cunt Cameron.

Butchers Blind

Quote from:  David CameronI intend to end the something for nothing culture

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Butchers Blind on July 13, 2021, 02:48:09 PM
Quote from: David CameronI intend to end the something for nothing culture

Oh, that was Cameron, was it? I always mention the something-for-nothing culture as much as I can when I'm talking about the tories and their backers, who it turns out are largely landlords. They are the very definition of the something-for-nothing culture.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on July 13, 2021, 02:46:12 PM
Heh.  Funny you mention that.  As you may know, I work in a restaurant kitchen, we keep it like a fucking operating theatre.  We're as poorly paid as it's legal to be[nb]to the point that, right now, the very hardest, busiest, time for restaurants, we underlings were told that any extra hours, worked outside our normal shifts in the place I work, wouldn't be paid from 22 July because the accountant is going on holiday, fucking yes.  The highly paid accountant having a luxury holiday whilst we're all scrubbing away, can't be arsed or bothered with our little lives so we have to work extra hours for free.[/nb].  Anyway, was scrubbing away diligently, keeping it all perfect for the hundred, millionth, time at the end of a shift, when I thought about the people, I'm sure they're paid as badly as I am, whose job it is to keep actual operating theatres clean after every shift for the hundred, millionth, time.  How hard it is keep standards up, especially when your time is so limited, no one sees or cares whether you do or not until you're long gone.  People need to think about it.  I know some do but really, I hope to god, if anyone I ever love has to go into hospital, the cleaners are hugely more decent and motivated than the Cunt Cameron.

Ah, sorry, I could have said 'cleaners' but nurses are one of those examples I reach for by habit when trying to shame selfish cunts.

That's rum about the overtime. Far be it for them to employ someone else while the accountant is away. I know it's not much consolation if your cashflow is limited but you'll get it when the accountant returns, right?

PlanktonSideburns

Not even a hard level like carnival zone

Buelligan

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 13, 2021, 04:38:31 PM
Ah, sorry, I could have said 'cleaners' but nurses are one of those examples I reach for by habit when trying to shame selfish cunts.

That's rum about the overtime. Far be it for them to employ someone else while the accountant is away. I know it's not much consolation if your cashflow is limited but you'll get it when the accountant returns, right?

Cleaners, nurses, doesn't matter, we're all the people at the bottom who keep everyone alive in our own little ways and get paid bugger-all for it.  On the extra hours, I won't because I've handed in my notice (I know but something had to give).  They're counting on me just to step up but I'm just going to do my hours and walk off the job, if I can bear to let my team mates down, not sure I can but we'll see.  Really galls me to think they could easily cover my extra from the tips jar but the owners keep all of it.  So, you know.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on July 13, 2021, 05:35:44 PM
On the extra hours, I won't because I've handed in my notice (I know but something had to give).  They're counting on me just to step up but I'm just going to do my hours and walk off the job, if I can bear to let my team mates down, not sure I can but we'll see.  Really galls me to think they could easily cover my extra from the tips jar but the owners keep all of it.  So, you know.

I don't blame you. No money? No work done. These capitalists need to learn about capitalism. The something-for-nothing culture writ large.

Cerys

touchingcloth

How do I get one of these Greenhill gigs? Sounds decent. I know a lot of you are typically thinking you're too good for it and the work is "too Tory", but the way I see it I can just swallow my pride and knuckle down for 25 days, then that's a million quid sorted. That would go quite a long way to helping someone like me, I'd really notice the difference it made in my bank account.

Icehaven

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 14, 2021, 08:26:52 AM
How do I get one of these Greenhill gigs? Sounds decent. I know a lot of you are typically thinking you're too good for it and the work is "too Tory", but the way I see it I can just swallow my pride and knuckle down for 25 days, then that's a million quid sorted. That would go quite a long way to helping someone like me, I'd really notice the difference it made in my bank account.

I've genuinely wondered about the practicality of doing something vaguely similar, applying for some extremely well-paid job (by my standards rather than ex-politicians, so anything over about £40 grand, although preferably much higher) for which I'd almost definitely be underexperienced and unqualified and just bullshitting on the application and interview, then seeing how long I can last before it becomes apparent I'm a fraud, while saving as much as possible. The former top boss at my workplace was on about £120,000 a year and allegedly lived very much within his means, so even after he was ''moved on'' after a pretty disastrous tenure of several years, he could have saved a few hundred grand in a relatively short time if he was as frugal as he apparently was.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Having visited a deli in Chipping Norton a couple of months ago I can see why he'd need the money.