Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:08:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Android system storage way too fat

Started by Jerzy Bondov, July 13, 2021, 08:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

Does anyone here know about Android? In the Google Files app it tells me that the system is taking up 40GB. There is no way that's what it's meant to do. If I look at the Internal Storage in either the Files app or Mixplorer it doesn't add up anything close. Mixplorer will show me the Root directory as well but that's only 3 GB ish. Where the fucks all these files man?!

Am I going to have to root my phone to track down whatever demon shit file is clogging up my storage?

Jerzy Bondov

Ignore me, I did a factory reset. Scorched earth

canadagoose

I'm a bit like an SD card: I'm a FAT32

canadagoose

Sorry about the shit joke, I legitimately thought this was HS Art when I posted. I'm glad the factory reset worked though. Wonder what it could have been - botched system update previously maybe?

Jerzy Bondov

It's still 17 gigs. Fucking what. Going to bin this shiter off

Sebastian Cobb

Does it come with a load of tie-in bloat from your provider? 17 gig sounds a bit big but not remarkably so.

Can you click through to get a detailed breakdown of the use? Mine seems to use 6gb for system but then 4gb for 'other apps' without bonding an SD card to the storage I'd have fast run out of space but my phone is quite old and the OS has gotten bigger.

(note this doesn't include 7gb of apps on bonded storage)

I think you can get different collections of Google apps bundled too and they can eat into space quite a bit.

Jerzy Bondov

Weird bump. I have now solved my issues with Android by getting an iPhone. Thank you

Dex Sawash