Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:26:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Meg Baird appreciation thread

Started by Greg Torso, July 14, 2021, 03:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Torso

I really like the works of Meg Baird. And that's about the whole satsuma of this thread. If you remember the folk band Espers, she was part of them, but really I just wanted to drop a few links to her later songs and leave you to enjoy or not, click or don't and so on.

Got a bad laptop here, an absolute stinker, and every sentence is like dragging a plough blade through cement, so not going to writw much, but

okt here's a couple from the album she did with Mary Lattimore - Ghost Forests - (og 2018) which was re-released this year if you need a massively expensive wheel of black petroleum to blight your living room, but, right, you know when you hear a piece of music and it's so fukehn lovely you get worried that you might have dreamt it, that was what listenting to this was like, earlier this evening.

Fair Annie

In Cedars

And then the band Heron Oblivion, she sang and drummed for, two songs to gladden you, I don't think they are still a functioning unit but hey

Sudden Lament

Faro

They were nice, weren't they? proper psychedelic hillside barefoot wicker bastard sacrificial vibes.

Rgagh that's it, man. That's what you fuckin get

that's my OP

willbo

I like Heron and Lattimore so I should hear her stuff more really, thanks

one_sharper

I've seen Meg Baird do a couple of livestream shows with Charlie Saufley of Heron Oblivion in the past year. I vaguely remember seeing something somewhere about them writing stuff for a new album, but I can't remember or find where that was now, and may be mis-remembering (could've been about a new Baird solo record?).

Anyway, this song from last year is beautiful: https://megbaird.bandcamp.com/album/cross-bay I adore Ghost Forests too - what an album.

Only seen her live once, which was around the time Dear Companion came out, supported by Sharon Van Etten. Feels a long time ago!

Greg Torso

That track's lovely. I'm not usually massively into the "singer-songwriter" thing, but something about her voice and guitar-playing is magical.

holyzombiejesus

Pretty unrecognisable version of Felt's A Wave Crashed on Rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp6BcAh_gOw