Author Topic: Infantilisation  (Read 7893 times)

touchingcloth

• such
Re: Infantilisation
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2021, 11:54:23 AM »
I like the packaging that says “once you’ve nommed me, pop me in the recycley wycley bin and kneel down to give mummy earth a lickle kiss nawwwww”.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2021, 11:57:12 AM »
If all it took to recycle the lids was a bit of paint why didn't they add it before EH?

Paul Calf

• LOTION MAN
  • Golden Member
  • A cloud doesn’t get shoved for no reason.
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2021, 03:16:58 PM »

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2021, 04:32:01 PM »
Fun shit for unfunny people, but not bumping that or making a new list thread

touchingcloth

• such
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2021, 04:57:16 PM »

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2021, 05:27:31 PM »

Echo Valley 2-6809

• Part of no circle
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2021, 05:34:51 PM »

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2021, 05:52:15 PM »
Fun shit for unfunny people, but not bumping that or making a new list thread

That's doing my absolute NUT in

"Never stay away from cupcakes"?
Is that the "joke"?
It had better not be.
Christ, that's upsetting.

touchingcloth

• such
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2021, 06:03:37 PM »

Magnum Valentino

• Formerly magval
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2021, 08:11:25 PM »
That's doing my absolute NUT in

"Never stay away from cupcakes"?
Is that the "joke"?
It had better not be.
Christ, that's upsetting.

Isn't it supposed to make your brain sort of pronounce it like "nah, imma stay away from cupcakes"?

Makes no sense either

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2021, 08:24:05 PM »
Tonstant weader fwowed up.

Is it me or is there a lot of this sort of thing going on with vegan/health food brands? I like Oatly Barista but I could do without the wackaging.

Oh haii!

shiftwork2

• pies this is your time
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2021, 08:25:26 PM »

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2021, 08:32:58 PM »
Aaah it's awful. it makes me imagine their hideous voices. it makes me want to harm them.
I don't like feeling like this

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2021, 08:37:57 PM »
Also, I fucking hate when people use their ability to grow a beard as a substitute for having a personality.

idunnosomename

• FROG ON THE BIG WHEEL
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2021, 09:19:17 PM »
Seen THIS (isn't chicken, etc) in Tesco. Nothing against veggie or proper vegan food, but making stuff that's a simulacrum for animal flesh is just weird to me. if you're serving me soya protein, just serve me soya, fucks sake. i dont need you to pretend it's real meat

non capisco

• "CaB's sexiest contributor" :- your old Nan
    • https://twitter.com/IsThisRoss
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2021, 09:45:32 PM »
There's a possibility that I've used that 'ok cheers bye' memetic signoff thing before, possibly on here, maybe even within the last year, but it boils my piss whenever I see it now. Lock that shit in the same lead lined case as 'cockwomble', please.

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2021, 10:49:50 PM »
Seen THIS (isn't chicken, etc) in Tesco. Nothing against veggie or proper vegan food, but making stuff that's a simulacrum for animal flesh is just weird to me. if you're serving me soya protein, just serve me soya, fucks sake. i dont need you to pretend it's real meat

I quite like a decent meat substitute, but there's a baffling recent wave of marketing around lots of these brands that seems to be aiming for a semi-blokey-but-in-a-woke-unthreatening-way sort of tone. Almost like it's apologising for the fact that it's a healthier, more environmentally friendly option (see also: fellow monosyllabic plant-based awkwardly laddish brand BOSH!).

cockwomble

The original, even more offensive costume idea for Labour's Redbridge literacy programme.

(Nah, I hate that one too - it feels like this era's "You, Sir, have won the Internets!" in terms of "Instant online wit, just add...".)

touchingcloth

• such
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2021, 11:09:13 PM »
Would saying cuntwomble win the twitters?

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2021, 11:34:39 AM »
Oh haii!

I'm not sure what's more annoying, the awkwardly chummy text or the dutch angle that it's been photographed at.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
  • MAKE ROOM FOR THE MUSHROOMS
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2021, 11:46:23 AM »
"The development of THIS took longer than most prison sentences". Probably wasn't as unpleasant as going to prison though, I'm not sure what the relevance of prison is, it almost sounds like they are complaining that prison sentences aren't long enough (which I don't think is the intention).

Also, I could not care less whether Andy and Pete are related. As with a lot of this kind of marketing, it comes across like they think consumers are not very bright.

Ornlu

• I'm lyrical
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2021, 11:50:39 AM »

icehaven

• WORLD'S BIGGEST RIP OFF: $100 PER PERSON
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2021, 12:05:50 PM »
How many more times can meat substitutes be reinvented anyway? I mean I know it's a bandwagon right now and everything but surely there isn't that much difference between them all. Even if the current upward trend for veganism continues the market is going to be so crowded soon that half of these brands will disappear (if they haven't already done so up their own backsides) pretty soon, however much they overcharge.

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2021, 01:55:17 PM »
"The development of THIS took longer than most prison sentences". Probably wasn't as unpleasant as going to prison though, I'm not sure what the relevance of prison is, it almost sounds like they are complaining that prison sentences aren't long enough (which I don't think is the intention).

Also, I could not care less whether Andy and Pete are related. As with a lot of this kind of marketing, it comes across like they think consumers are not very bright.

A quick Google shows the average prison sentence is 18 months (about what I guessed as it happens). 18 months of product development from start to release doesn't sound bad - although as Icehaven points out how many of these things are just variations on a theme + marketing?

Going by their vague timeline - you literally couldn't have produced an elephant in that time and that seems far more useful.

PlanktonSideburns

• encoded by an oaf
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2021, 02:10:32 PM »
Also, I fucking hate when people use their ability to grow a beard as a substitute for having a personality.

I can't grow a beard either

Or a personality

PlanktonSideburns

• encoded by an oaf
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2021, 02:12:40 PM »

Ornlu

• I'm lyrical
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2021, 03:54:06 PM »
My fault for being too online I think https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/two-soyjaks-pointing

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2021, 05:00:54 PM »
Do we have a thread for last post that made you laugh after a patient explanation?

hamfist

• Furry Asscandy
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2021, 05:46:39 PM »
"The development of THIS took longer than most prison sentences". Probably wasn't as unpleasant as going to prison though, I'm not sure what the relevance of prison is

I think what they’re trying to say is „THIS makes us worse than nonces“

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2021, 03:07:04 PM »
Is it me or is there a lot of this sort of thing going on with vegan/health food brands

Yes. It annoys me most in Holland and Barrett, because it’s unavoidable. It’s not just in the blurb, it’s the product name. Like, you can’t just buy figs or beans, you have to buy fantastic figs, burpmungous beans or yummy yoghurt raisins. ‘Ok, I’ll take all three, mind if I pay with this financial fucking fiver?

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2021, 09:03:21 PM »
Just been in Holland and Barrett and they seem to have abruptly abandoned it.

Tags: