Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:29:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Infantilisation

Started by Phoenix Lazarus, July 14, 2021, 06:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

I like the packaging that says "once you've nommed me, pop me in the recycley wycley bin and kneel down to give mummy earth a lickle kiss nawwwww".

Sebastian Cobb

If all it took to recycle the lids was a bit of paint why didn't they add it before EH?

Paul Calf

Dex Sawash

Fun shit for unfunny people, but not bumping that or making a new list thread

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 15, 2021, 04:32:01 PM
Fun shit for unfunny people, but not bumping that or making a new list thread

That's doing my absolute NUT in

"Never stay away from cupcakes"?
Is that the "joke"?
It had better not be.
Christ, that's upsetting.

touchingcloth

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on July 15, 2021, 05:52:15 PM
That's doing my absolute NUT in

"Never stay away from cupcakes"?
Is that the "joke"?
It had better not be.
Christ, that's upsetting.

Isn't it supposed to make your brain sort of pronounce it like "nah, imma stay away from cupcakes"?

Makes no sense either

Quote from: Kankurette on July 15, 2021, 11:43:49 AM
Tonstant weader fwowed up.

Is it me or is there a lot of this sort of thing going on with vegan/health food brands? I like Oatly Barista but I could do without the wackaging.

Oh haii!

shiftwork2

Cold Meat Platter

Aaah it's awful. it makes me imagine their hideous voices. it makes me want to harm them.
I don't like feeling like this

Also, I fucking hate when people use their ability to grow a beard as a substitute for having a personality.

idunnosomename

Seen THIS (isn't chicken, etc) in Tesco. Nothing against veggie or proper vegan food, but making stuff that's a simulacrum for animal flesh is just weird to me. if you're serving me soya protein, just serve me soya, fucks sake. i dont need you to pretend it's real meat

non capisco

There's a possibility that I've used that 'ok cheers bye' memetic signoff thing before, possibly on here, maybe even within the last year, but it boils my piss whenever I see it now. Lock that shit in the same lead lined case as 'cockwomble', please.

flotemysost

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 15, 2021, 09:19:17 PM
Seen THIS (isn't chicken, etc) in Tesco. Nothing against veggie or proper vegan food, but making stuff that's a simulacrum for animal flesh is just weird to me. if you're serving me soya protein, just serve me soya, fucks sake. i dont need you to pretend it's real meat

I quite like a decent meat substitute, but there's a baffling recent wave of marketing around lots of these brands that seems to be aiming for a semi-blokey-but-in-a-woke-unthreatening-way sort of tone. Almost like it's apologising for the fact that it's a healthier, more environmentally friendly option (see also: fellow monosyllabic plant-based awkwardly laddish brand BOSH!).

Quote from: non capisco on July 15, 2021, 09:45:32 PM
cockwomble

The original, even more offensive costume idea for Labour's Redbridge literacy programme.

(Nah, I hate that one too - it feels like this era's "You, Sir, have won the Internets!" in terms of "Instant online wit, just add...".)

touchingcloth

Would saying cuntwomble win the twitters?

olliebean

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on July 15, 2021, 08:24:05 PM
Oh haii!

I'm not sure what's more annoying, the awkwardly chummy text or the dutch angle that it's been photographed at.

Fambo Number Mive

"The development of THIS took longer than most prison sentences". Probably wasn't as unpleasant as going to prison though, I'm not sure what the relevance of prison is, it almost sounds like they are complaining that prison sentences aren't long enough (which I don't think is the intention).

Also, I could not care less whether Andy and Pete are related. As with a lot of this kind of marketing, it comes across like they think consumers are not very bright.

Ornlu

Icehaven

How many more times can meat substitutes be reinvented anyway? I mean I know it's a bandwagon right now and everything but surely there isn't that much difference between them all. Even if the current upward trend for veganism continues the market is going to be so crowded soon that half of these brands will disappear (if they haven't already done so up their own backsides) pretty soon, however much they overcharge.

paruses

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 16, 2021, 11:46:23 AM
"The development of THIS took longer than most prison sentences". Probably wasn't as unpleasant as going to prison though, I'm not sure what the relevance of prison is, it almost sounds like they are complaining that prison sentences aren't long enough (which I don't think is the intention).

Also, I could not care less whether Andy and Pete are related. As with a lot of this kind of marketing, it comes across like they think consumers are not very bright.

A quick Google shows the average prison sentence is 18 months (about what I guessed as it happens). 18 months of product development from start to release doesn't sound bad - although as Icehaven points out how many of these things are just variations on a theme + marketing?

Going by their vague timeline - you literally couldn't have produced an elephant in that time and that seems far more useful.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on July 15, 2021, 08:37:57 PM
Also, I fucking hate when people use their ability to grow a beard as a substitute for having a personality.

I can't grow a beard either

Or a personality

PlanktonSideburns

Ornlu

Dex Sawash

Do we have a thread for last post that made you laugh after a patient explanation?

hamfist

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 16, 2021, 11:46:23 AM
"The development of THIS took longer than most prison sentences". Probably wasn't as unpleasant as going to prison though, I'm not sure what the relevance of prison is

I think what they're trying to say is ,,THIS makes us worse than nonces"

who cares

Quote from: Kankurette on July 15, 2021, 11:43:49 AM
Is it me or is there a lot of this sort of thing going on with vegan/health food brands

Yes. It annoys me most in Holland and Barrett, because it's unavoidable. It's not just in the blurb, it's the product name. Like, you can't just buy figs or beans, you have to buy fantastic figs, burpmungous beans or yummy yoghurt raisins. 'Ok, I'll take all three, mind if I pay with this financial fucking fiver?'

who cares

Just been in Holland and Barrett and they seem to have abruptly abandoned it.