Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:30:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

#craftywank vs Penis Balls

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 14, 2021, 08:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Buelligan on July 14, 2021, 11:46:52 AM
No, it absolutely isn't.  The reason (IMO) for believing in any kind of good is to see good be done, see it roll down like a fountain from the hills, for everyone.  You don't get there by adopting the existing social control system.  The whole thing of this penis-shame-bullying is horrific.  Really is.
Even if I accepted that this #craftywank business boiled down to "penis-shame-bullying", I still think encouraging this vile shit to stfu is the greater good. I don't accept that condoning the ridicule of specific individuals who perpetuate systems of prejudice impedes progress in the long term. In fact, I think it's a great salve in the meantime for the groups of people who suffer the consequences of those systems.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Buelligan on July 14, 2021, 11:46:52 AM
No, it absolutely isn't.  The reason (IMO) for believing in any kind of good is to see good be done, see it roll down like a fountain from the hills, for everyone.  You don't get there by adopting the existing social control system.  The whole thing of this penis-shame-bullying is horrific.  Really is.

It's being adopted not for the face value purpose but in efforts to expose how Grimes can't live to the standards he sets for others, how the mean society he desires can hurt him too.

Amazing if you can't see that.

BlodwynPig

Who amongst can say they've not...

Wanking as i typed that

Rainbow Moses

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 14, 2021, 11:53:45 AM
I mean, they still are suspicions, and entirely speculative though aren't they?

Well, of course, but I just felt there was more to this tale than people laughing at him over classroom wanking. When I saw this (in the link)

Quoteoh, and someone recorded him taking a shit, from start to finish, and put it on youtube. he notices mid-wipe, so he's screaming and crying with his hands full of shitty tissue. very funny stuff.

it seemed to me that the sort of kid who other kids would bother to record taking a shit (to get an embarrassing incident out of them) is probably one who underwent a sustained campaign of bullying, and so I didn't think it was all that unlikely that he was also targeted for being gay or 'effeminate'.[nb]People are aware that Grimes is gay, right?[/nb] Doesn't change Grimes being an awful human being as an adult, but I didn't see why it wasn't worth mentioning, even speculatively.

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 14, 2021, 12:00:28 PM
Everyone please stop bullying the poor fascist.

I get a kind of trigger-sympathy for kids who are bullied at school, and it doesn't seem to matter who the victim turns out to be. But that's just my personal foible.

Chollis

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Chollis on July 14, 2021, 12:21:28 PM
I'm glad that he was bullied
I think he's an example of someone who was bullied precisely the wrong amount if anything.

Buelligan

Quote from: Jumblegraws on July 14, 2021, 12:01:55 PM
Even if I accepted that this #craftywank business boiled down to "penis-shame-bullying", I still think encouraging this vile shit to stfu is the greater good. I don't accept that condoning the ridicule of specific individuals who perpetuate systems of prejudice impedes progress in the long term. In fact, I think it's a great salve in the meantime for the groups of people who suffer the consequences of those systems.

I see what you're saying but, IMO, the reason I object to Grimes is not personal, it's not about his life, it's about what he does affecting other people and their lives, reinforcing the acceptance of evil in our culture.  I object to the poison he emits.  I can't agree that pouring the same poison on him, poison that toxifies the culture for everyone, is a useful solution.

It's like saying Marine Le Pen has shit tits - is the good you might do in undermining her personal happiness validated by the reinforcement you give to the idea that women are only valuable or interesting if they have tits that achieve a certain (unexplained) score?  Attack her for being a cunting fascist and leave the tits right out of it.

fit bird

IMO if Marine Le Pen wanked her tits off at school I think it would be fair to make fun of her for that. If that makes me a bad person so be it.

Buelligan

Not at all, heheh, that just makes you a person who doesn't understand what I'm saying, which, I'm sure, is my fault.  Must try harder but I'm not writing it out another hundred times.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Buelligan on July 14, 2021, 12:30:27 PM
I see what you're saying but, IMO, the reason I object to Grimes is not personal, it's not about his life, it's about what he does affecting other people and their lives, reinforcing the acceptance of evil in our culture.  I object to the poison he emits.  I can't agree that pouring the same poison on him, poison that toxifies the culture for everyone, is a useful solution.

It's like saying Marine Le Pen has shit tits - is the good you might do in undermining her personal happiness validated by the reinforcement you give to the idea that women are only valuable or interesting if they have tits that achieve a certain (unexplained) score?  Attack her for being a cunting fascist and leave the tits right out of it.
I agree with what you're saying here, but I'm also not sure it's relevant. To my mind, making fun of a covert wank in a classroom doesn't really sit on the same spectrum of abuse as body-shaming or adjacent social ills. And even if I'm equivocating on that, I'd further argue that the whole thing was less a response to the original claim than to Grimes's threats of litigation and prosecution, which was at best a disproportionate response from a public figure and at worst an attempt at backdoor censorship.

Basically, I agree with what you're saying, I just don't really think it's an issue that needs to be worried about in this case.

Inspector Norse

I do hope Bukayo Saka is looking into taking legal action against Wee Darren for spreading false defamatory claims that Saka is a racist.

https://mobile.twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1415009713490649100

idunnosomename

It's funny because Priti Patel would quite happily have Darren put through a woodchipper, with a cheeky smirk

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 14, 2021, 01:15:46 PM
It's funny because Priti Patel would quite happily have Darren put through a woodchipper, with a cheeky smirk

I think it's one of the few things that most of this forum and Patel see eye to eye on.

Barry Admin

Was gonna start a thread sort of about this last night, concerning the paradox of tolerance, but mostly about right wing dingdongs constantly sarcasictically wanking on about "be kind",

Anyway, it's all fake apart from the lolsuit DM's, and I've no sympathy for the racist, far right prick. Slap it right up him.

And try and enjoy it when these psychotic pests are on the back foot for a change. We don't get many wins.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I was bullied so badly from age 13 to 15 that it permanently affected my ability to form friendships with other people. Somehow I didn't decide to make the world worse for everyone except me and my fascist cronies.

Everybody who had a shit childhood or adolescence eventually becomes an adult and has to decide whether to lie around blaming their lousy life choices on people calling them Craftywank or Daddy not reading them bedtime stories or the other girls making you feel like you were stupid and annoying and inflicting your horrible self on everyone around you, or to take control and own what they do.

buttgammon

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on July 14, 2021, 01:19:29 PM
I was bullied so badly from age 13 to 15 that it permanently affected my ability to form friendships with other people. Somehow I didn't decide to make the world worse for everyone except me and my fascist cronies.

Everybody who had a shit childhood or adolescence eventually becomes an adult and has to decide whether to lie around blaming their lousy life choices on people calling them Craftywank or Daddy not reading them bedtime stories or the other girls making you feel like you were stupid and annoying and inflicting your horrible self on everyone around you, or to take control and own what they do.

Yes, I was badly bullied in school and can now look back at that time as being formative in making me an anti-fascist if anything. I'm not especially bothered whether some far-right hooligan was bullied in school or not because the important thing at the moment is that they've made an adult choice to be a bully.

Captain Z

Just stick to shagging Elon Musk from now on, aye.

TrenterPercenter

#sumtwittershite>public outrage>counter point>moral dilemma>defence of positions>personal gripes>mass brawl>repeat>grave

Barry Admin

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on July 14, 2021, 01:19:29 PM

Same and agreed. I was always very tall and very quiet, so got picked on mercilessly. At times I'd just snap and pick a bully up and fuck them down a hill like a bale of hay. Anyway, none of this treatment made me want to be a little tinpot fascist, and if anything only made me more empathic rather than less. (Not advocating for bullying here as a positive thing, or anything of that nature - just see so many people nowadays using these "well you made them right-wing racist cunts" arguments, and fiercely disagree.)

jobotic

Quote from: Rainbow Moses on July 14, 2021, 12:17:41 PM

I get a kind of trigger-sympathy for kids who are bullied at school, and it doesn't seem to matter who the victim turns out to be. But that's just my personal foible.

He's a grown up now.

daf

Cuellar

This is like killing baby Hitler all over again

madhair60

i was bullied at school and it literally ruined my life, as in my life would have been good if I hadn't been bullied. Went from being attentive and skillful to slow, reluctant, lazy, disinterested. Every misfortune I have since encountered stems directly from this damage to my personality. My bullies are now enormously successful, some are overseas living something of a fairytale life. I will never forgive them, and if offered an opportunity to take some sort of revenge on them at the expense of any comfort I could possibly have again, I would take it without hesitation

still don't treat people like shit though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

In what way, shape or form is kittens enormously successful?

Catalogue Trousers

#craftywank versus Penis Balls.

Whoever wins, it's a great victory for puerile humour of the Legend Gary kind. Oh to be alive in such times.

Barry Admin

Yeah, well, I'm not much of a fan of such humour, but enjoyed this greatly. Grimes is a professional troll, who got the shit trolled out of him and immediately went to lolsuit threats. This is a nice little cathartic win for a lot of folks, and does a great job of showing him up to be an enormous hypocrite.

He rants and raves constantly about so-called "cancel culture", then shits his drawers in rage and threatens a lolsuit when he's the subject of a bit of mild shit-posting.

Great stuff.

sevendaughters

all I see is people engaging with the guy and walking into the dead cat trap again.

ZoyzaSorris

I had an appalling time throughout at least the first half of my teens as someone with a hefty neurodivergence and a seriously gender-inappropriate interest-space (as viewed from within a stulrtifyingly conservative social milieu anyway) and sadly the hellscape of that period shaped and distorted the rest of my life to date with a thankfully fading intensity. But I'd say personally that it all gave me an absolute hatred of bullying and complete instinctive support for anything approaching an underdog (thus strong attachment to left-wing politics). I guess perhaps it can go either way.