Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:25:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

wEST mIDLANDS (cAPS LOCK DISASTER) pUNK GIG

Started by Gazeuse, February 29, 2004, 08:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazeuse

Anyone seen this...

Academy in the UK
featuring  
Damned / Buzzcocks / Undertones / Slaughter & The Dogs / Beat / Meteors / Subhumans / Drongos For Europe / Heartbreak Engines / Cupid Stunts / Evil Boys
at Carling Academy Birmingham
Until 2am www.birmingham-academy.co.uk
Sunday, May 2 at 2:00 PM
£25.00

What's the venue like??? And is there a bar??? Well, of course ther will be a bar,  but is it all fizzy stuff in plastic containers???

Uncle_Z

Decent enough gig venue.  Weakened Stella will be available out of plastic beakers at £2.75ish a swally.  Warmup lap in a decent pub recommended.  For a punkfest I can imagine the balcony-overlooking-stage config will result in many injuries.

TraceyQ

I was there to see The Libertines tonight and it seems like a fair enough place to have this. It's fairly big, gets very full, you can pretty much see the stage from wherever you are in the place. Colin was on about this thing on the bus, so I think he's going.

I'm waiting for an announcement about Bescot Stadium, personally.

Gazeuse

elderford

If it's the one I'm thinking of.

Think Nightclub/Venue.

Stage with a balcony around it on three sides, enough bars, toilets, etc.

It's below street level, so whenever I'm there I'm usually expecting to be killed in a serious fire when it's discovered the firedoors are padlocked.

...seriously though, it's a nice enough venue, didn't it used to be The Hummingbird?

Opposite an NCP carpark.

...beware Shelley's outfit, I saw him in December an he's doing this little fatman look with a see through sparkly top, all sequins, sweat and manbreasts.