Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:45:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

It doesn't matter what else he or she does, they'll always be...

Started by Small Man Big Horse, July 14, 2021, 04:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Banlon

Napoleon Dynamite
Tony from Men Behaving Badly
Dorian from Birds of a Feather
Al Bundy

Gulftastic

Quote from: Inspector Norse on July 22, 2021, 06:46:08 PM
Pretty much any cast member from Band of Brothers, except for Ross from Friends and the aforementioned Spike from Press Gang and similarly aforementioned Son of Hanks.

(plus Simon Pegg and James McAvoy, who were in it for 2 minutes each)

Same goes for everyone who was in The Wire except Method Man and Aidan Gillen.

I'll say. When Phil Leotardo got shot in 'The Sopranos', I thought to myself 'Old Guarnere don't miss nothing'.

BeardFaceMan

The Fonz. Winkler does a lot of good comedy these days too, but still... The Fonz.

An tSaoi

Harold from Harold and Kumar
Kumar from Harold and Kumar
Spock
Harry Potter
Oldboy
Lando
Frodo
Xena
Twilight Girl
Twilight Boy
Gunnery Sgt. Hartman
Matilda
Doctor Who (all of them)

I don't even bother remembering their names.

Brundle-Fly

Brundle-Fly

I'm from the generation who only knew Orson Welles as the fat beardy bloke from the Domecq Sherry adverts. Similarly, Nanette Newman for Fairy Liquid, Victor Spinetti for Jaffa Cakes, and William Franklyn for Schweppes.

I wonder if youngsters today see Kevin Bacon, Harvey Keitel and more recently Bobby De Niro in the same light as I did in the mid-1970s. Those American old film star blokes off the adverts. If they even watch adverts.

mothman

De Niro is such a good actor. Or has no shame. Because you'd think anybody would visibly wilt when the line "No, not De Niro, as in Robert De Niro, it's the Niro."

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on July 22, 2021, 07:50:31 PM
The Fonz. Winkler does a lot of good comedy these days too, but still... The Fonz.
You mean Henry Winkler from Law and Order SUV?

non capisco

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on July 22, 2021, 08:45:51 PM
I'm from the generation who only knew Orson Welles as the fat beardy bloke from the Domecq Sherry adverts. Similarly, Nanette Newman for Fairy Liquid, Victor Spinetti for Jaffa Cakes, and William Franklyn for Schweppes.

And Cab Calloway as the guy who lived inside the sun from the Hula Hoop adverts.

Captain Z

John Malkovic will always be John Malkovic from Being John Malkovic in my mind.

Keebleman

First time I saw Scarlett Johansson was in the Coen's The Man Who Wasn't There, and since then I haven't been able to see her as anything other than a rather plain 14 year old playing at being a glamorous movie star.

Blue Jam

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on July 14, 2021, 07:11:26 PM
Finchy from The Office

Even in The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, in full cowboy get-up, sat on a horse, you're waiting for him to reach into his saddlebag, pull out a kettle and throw it over the local saloon.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: non capisco on July 22, 2021, 11:37:08 PM
And Cab Calloway as the guy who lived inside the sun from the Hula Hoop adverts.

He's a prime example. Minnie The Moocher bloke from The Blues Brothers (1980). At the time, I thought Cab Calloway was a character created for the movie rather than an acclaimed jazz singer, performer and bandleader of the swing era.