Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,207
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:55:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Kremlin leak

Started by bgmnts, July 15, 2021, 01:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

https://theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/15/kremlin-papers-appear-to-show-putins-plot-to-put-trump-in-white-house

I liked the descriptiom of Trump:

Quoteimpulsive, mentally unstable and unbalanced individual who suffers from an inferiority complex

madhair60

Donkey Kong leaves thread disappointed hahaha

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Authored by Luke Harding so we can have total confidence in the intent behind this.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Oh and also what the US does in pretty much every country in the Americas (at least).

jobotic

Ha ha

Trump = bad

Johnson = bad

Putin = what about the West? Look what they do.

steve98

Apparently this report seems to confirm they have kompromat on the orange turd, from before he was Prez. Amazing stuff, he must be shittin' himself :)

Paul Calf

Quote from: jobotic on July 15, 2021, 01:37:19 PM
Ha ha

Trump = bad

Johnson = bad

Putin = what about the West? Look what they do.

Yeah.

(And don't mention the paragon of beneficent dictatorship that is the living god Li Keqiang.)

Cloud

Not surprising.  Look up "Foundations of Geopolitics" - it's all part of the plan (so was Brexit)

bgmnts

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 15, 2021, 01:29:29 PM
Oh and also what the US does in pretty much every country in the Americas (at least).

To be fair, my intention wasnt to say Russia are particularly bad.

Rizla

As FBPE wankfodder goes this is a bit humdrum. Why can't these absolute jesmonds get it into their melty heads that bad orange man got the job for the same reason as the last three blokes got it  - cos he's cool and funny? In retrospect, when the alternative was hot sauce Hillary, it's not really so surprising is it? But nooooo, must be da russkies.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 15, 2021, 01:29:29 PM

It's more like applied trolling when Russia does it.

Mr_Simnock

From the article
QuoteThere are paragraphs on how Russia might insert "media viruses" into American public life, which could become self-sustaining and self-replicating. These would alter mass consciousness, especially in certain groups, it says.

absolute comic book stuff, might as well have mentioned putin's mind control ray gun

Alberon

I'm sure Russia did try to enhance Trump's chances because having such a weak, incoherant arsehole in the White House could only weaken the US. But I'm not sure they actually had that much effect. In the end the moron won because the majority of voters wanted him.

Cloud

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on July 15, 2021, 02:42:01 PM
From the article
absolute comic book stuff, might as well have mentioned putin's mind control ray gun

I think they're referring to memes, which replicate and influence in that way (particularly in the young and impressionable on imageboards and the like), so more a metaphor than an actual 'virus'

chveik

desperate stuff that don't stand to evidence.

Video Game Fan 2000

Better give the American military lots more money and international free reign to catch nazis and white supremacists though, just in case.

It's fine because this time its nazis. White nazis. Just like it was fine last time because there was a jihad against western civilisation.

Video Game Fan 2000

Hearing actual CIA and American generals talk like twitter accounts called Antifa_CapnCrunch1917 is really blowing my mind, though.

You never think propaganda will be as obvious as you think its going to be. Especially if you're old enough to remember all the outlandish but kinda plausible rumours about the blackbloc during Occupy and all that.

Zetetic

Quote from: Cloud on July 15, 2021, 02:54:09 PM
I think they're referring to memes, which replicate and influence in that way (particularly in the young and impressionable on imageboards and the like), so more a metaphor than an actual 'virus'
The most obvious etymology being via https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viruses_of_the_Mind somewhere along the way, I guess.

Zetetic

It's probably not terribly relevant to the actual topic, but:
Quote from: Alberon on July 15, 2021, 02:44:19 PM
In the end the moron won because the majority of voters wanted him.
He didn't obtain the vote of the majority (or plurality) of people who voted, let alone (edit: possible) voters.

Video Game Fan 2000

Can we leave "the oppressed desire their oppression" to the big box of dogshit ideas from the 20th century? The prominence of that idea in particular in "anti fascist" thought is more harmful to left wing thinking than any number of universalisms.

chveik

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on July 15, 2021, 03:01:05 PM
Hearing actual CIA and American generals talk like twitter accounts called Antifa_CapnCrunch1917 is really blowing my mind, though.

You never think propaganda will be as obvious as you think its going to be.

dunno what you're referring to but the CIA woke recruitement vid is insane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X55JPbAMc9g

Video Game Fan 2000

Liberal blogs/commentators applauding Milly defending CRT in the same breath as saying he reads Marxists to know why they're wrong.
Liberal blogs/commentators applauding Milly (and someone else I can't remember) stressing that the Jan 6th rioters were "nazis" like "we fought in world war II"
Anti-capitalist groups appearing next white rage/white nationalist violence in the report on domestic terror.

And many other examples. If this remarkable coincidence between "grassroots antifascism" and the very top of the military and secret services doesn't scare people, I dunno what to say. It's like believing the anti-islam, clash of civilizations sentiment exploding in the media between 1997-2002 was spontaneous and nothing to do with national interests and ideologies.

Quote from: chveik on July 15, 2021, 03:06:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X55JPbAMc9g

This is so brazen, its hard to believe it was put out unaware of the response it would receive.

It seems like a statement of ownership, and branding. We own this way of thinking. We made it. This is ours. And don't forget: ideology doesn't exist.

dissolute ocelot

The fucking Guardian article says that the Russians came up with this brilliant plan when Trump was already leading in the Republican primaries. Such foresight and Batmanesque levels of planning, Mr Putin.

chveik

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on July 15, 2021, 03:10:37 PM
This is so brazen, its hard to believe it was put out unaware of the response it would receive.

it makes shitposters look like pure amateurs

chveik

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on July 15, 2021, 03:17:18 PM
The fucking Guardian article says that the Russians came up with this brilliant plan when Trump was already leading in the Republican primaries. Such foresight and Batmanesque levels of planning, Mr Putin.

why didn't Trump lift all the sanctions against Russia if he was Putin's puppet then? it's just batshit that this is still going on in 2021

Video Game Fan 2000

Imagine if the thing that has caused humanity to miss climate targets and doom our ecosystem was Barack Obama's stand up comedy humiliating Trump at the Whitehouse press dinner, certainly the event that made Trump decide to take the primaries seriously.

Talk about a bad night! Woof.

idunnosomename

donald trump is a wankpuffin

bgmnts

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on July 15, 2021, 02:42:01 PM
From the article

I don't see why it is comic book stuff.

steve98

Neither do I. A lot of people talkin' in riddles in this thread.

Zetetic

The mention - but absence - of appendix five doesn't make much sense.