Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:34:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kremlin leak

Started by bgmnts, July 15, 2021, 01:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbertharding

Quote from: bgmnts on July 15, 2021, 03:55:17 PM
I don't see why it is comic book stuff.

Me neither.

It's not a huge leap to think that Russia would like the worst, least competent, candidate to become president of the USA - and as soon as Trump hove into view as that man, someone in Russia must have come up with some ideas about how they might be able to influence that outcome.

Not 'rig the election', or 'install their man'. Just that. In sports performance terms, all they would be looking for would be a marginal gain.

It's the idea that the Russian State had 'kompromat' on Trump which is the odd one. I mean - fucking hell: It's Donald Fucking Trump. The proverbial dogs in the street know he's a hundred kinds of wrong-un. All the kompromat was already out there.

Video Game Fan 2000

The gulf between Russia having a clear preference and what is being claimed in some of the most dramatic reports and articles is enormous.

That THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is making out that its a breach of international political norms for one state to have a preference who wins an election in another state is really just breathtaking.

You know, especially considering that a particularly ripe fruit of international liberal democracy is currently hiccuping in hospital after burning down another chunk of the amazon.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on July 15, 2021, 05:05:18 PM
The gulf between Russia having a clear preference and what is being claimed in some of the most dramatic reports and articles is enormous.

Not even particularly surprised that they (the Russians) would make quite grandiloquent claims about the reach of their operations for internal consumption. Nor that the Americans, at this stage of the game, would be happy to exaggerate the same.

QuoteThat THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is making out that its a breach of international political norms for one state to have a preference who wins an election in another state is really just breathtaking.

I agree. From a certain angle it's hilarious.

steve98

Quote from: Zetetic on July 15, 2021, 04:45:19 PM
The mention - but absence - of appendix five doesn't make much sense.

What's in the appendix? (Answer:
Spoiler alert
"Good" bacteria that flood the body after a diarrheal attack.
[close]
Interestingly.)

Cloud

Quote from: gilbertharding on July 15, 2021, 04:46:45 PM
Me neither.

It's not a huge leap to think that Russia would like the worst, least competent, candidate to become president of the USA - and as soon as Trump hove into view as that man, someone in Russia must have come up with some ideas about how they might be able to influence that outcome.

Not 'rig the election', or 'install their man'. Just that. In sports performance terms, all they would be looking for would be a marginal gain.

It's the idea that the Russian State had 'kompromat' on Trump which is the odd one. I mean - fucking hell: It's Donald Fucking Trump. The proverbial dogs in the street know he's a hundred kinds of wrong-un. All the kompromat was already out there.

Most of the already public kompromat is stuff that his base kind of cheer on isn't it, like grabbing women by the pussy. If they have something on him involving children though, that would probably turn even his own base on him.

Why though is unclear. Blackmail I guess but if they were to release dirt on him wouldn't that have just undone all the work of helping to put him there?

Video Game Fan 2000

He confesssed to sexual assault on tape and the liberal established fumbled the ball.
"what secret kompromat could they possibly have on him?!" for four years afterwards.

The Iannucci extended universe.

Sebastian Cobb

There was the piss stuff.

BlodwynPig

Kindergarten thinking.

Psy-ops, coming to thee valleys

Video Game Fan 2000

In what diseased mind is going a bit Havelock Ellis on your old age on the same level of shame as sexually assaulting people? He also had a fraudulent university and his stimulant addiction is an open secret. The most plausible piece of oppo on Trump doesn't come from Russia, its the tape of him saying the n word while filming the apprentice and seeing as that probably exists, the only reason we've never heard it is that it wouldn't have mattered.

There's need to be pictures of him sat at the piano writing What's Up with Satan himself for it be worth the fuss.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: gilbertharding on July 15, 2021, 04:46:45 PM
Me neither.

You've read too many US comic books.

Russia doesnt give a flying fuck about YANKS

chveik

Quote from: Cloud on July 15, 2021, 05:56:10 PM
Most of the already public kompromat is stuff that his base kind of cheer on isn't it, like grabbing women by the pussy. If they have something on him involving children though, that would probably turn even his own base on him.

Why though is unclear. Blackmail I guess but if they were to release dirt on him wouldn't that have just undone all the work of helping to put him there?

occam's razor: the dirt is already public knowledge and they didn't put him there

Zetetic

https://twitter.com/IvanTkachev1/status/1415700344848494592

Some attempt to describe issues with the text.

(Since my Russian only really extends to lying about how many siblings I have, it's basically picking who I want to believe.)

Paul Calf

Because some people need to place themselves in a position of assumed superiority even though the temporary dopamine rush obtained by the illusion of gaining access to some bullshit cognitive elite is antithetical to long-term success in their purported aims.

Alberon

Trump always seemed to resist criticising Putin and Russia most of the time, though I suspect that was due more to him loving hardline dictators rather than the existence of a piss tape.

Cold Meat Platter

Kremlin leak? Lemlin Kreak more like.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 15, 2021, 06:52:25 PM
Because some people need to place themselves in a position of assumed superiority even though the temporary dopamine rush obtained by the illusion of gaining access to some bullshit cognitive elite is antithetical to long-term success in their purported aims.

But some of us are merely presuming Russia has the same general foreign policy goals as we know Britain and America has. If anything, these 'revelations' show that it is less aggressive than that.

But, yeah, keep on getting your own dopamine hit of smugness or whatever.

Hundhoon

Its Luke Harding so it's a load of shit, dont trust it. Biggest grifter of past decade.

He has written some of the most outrageous headlines in the past 5 years regarding Russia and Trump, they make headlines for a day and then a week later the outlet he writes for gets calls from lawyers gets quite serious. He goes back to writing another bullshit conspiracy theory  book.makes couple hundred grand.

It's probably timed now because Trump said he was aiming for a comeback in 2024,  Russia is still their weapon of choice for the dem establishment but not China odd? I wonder why.

Blumf

Every time this 'Trump had Russian help' story flops up, it's never addressed how all the alphabet of US security agencies let it happen. At the very least some high ranking people should be fired, if not investigated and charged with incompetence or treason. That would be the real story, why we still have people in high levels of the US establishment who, at best, stood back as a hostile nation interfered with a major US election.

As it stands, looks like a load of bullshit, with Russia (a natural in political shit-posting) just enjoying the ride.

Mr_Simnock

Before russia won it for twump I used to wonder how the moon landings were fake story ever took off and won't go away

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blumf on July 15, 2021, 11:54:47 PM
Every time this 'Trump had Russian help' story flops up, it's never addressed how all the alphabet of US security agencies let it happen. At the very least some high ranking people should be fired, if not investigated and charged with incompetence or treason. That would be the real story, why we still have people in high levels of the US establishment who, at best, stood back as a hostile nation interfered with a major US election.

As it stands, looks like a load of bullshit, with Russia (a natural in political shit-posting) just enjoying the ride.

Of course its bullshit, its always been bullshit. The biggest threat to you and I is not Russia, never has been, its the US and UK