Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:13:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tempted by TV TAT

Started by Neomod, July 15, 2021, 02:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neomod

Just seen this and I am sorely tempted to get it. Even though once bought it will either stay in the box (could be worth something one day mint) or I'll make it, drop it, lose Jerry and or Elaine.

Think I might just stick with the 'Puffy Shirt' I got with the DVD box set.

The only other tv related stuff I've had outside of childhood (everyone had a 6 mil man back in the day) was this Avengers Set.

How about you's. Got a prized TV Show collectible? Blew a whole load of cash on a Man About the House action figure?[nb]Yootha Joyce obviously[/nb]. Regretted funding that Cash in the Attic board game kickstarter?

I'm talking as an adult. Stuff you've earned wages to buy.

Impress Me.

Obviously this thread was only started to show merch for a show that ended 23 years ago

jobotic

Waiting for a Playmobil Doc Martin

Small Man Big Horse

I've a copy of The Diarrhea Times newspaper that was in an episode of Nathan For You proudly framed, plus The Movement: How I Got This Body By Never Going To The Gym In My Life book. And I used to have a whole load of Twin Peaks stuff too (the Board Game, 50 odd issues of Wrapped In Plastic, a copy of the Fire Walk With Me script with all of the additional scenes long before the dvd release) but that was donated to a charity shop when Mother moved house. Oh yeah, and two pieces of popcorn pilfered from the Red Dwarf episode Officer Rimmer, but that was a freebie rather than something I paid for.

Neomod

Quote from: jobotic on July 15, 2021, 04:23:51 PM
Waiting for a Playmobil Doc Martin

Here ya go.[nb]Joe Hawkins no less[/nb]

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 15, 2021, 04:25:08 PM
I've a copy of The Diarrhea Times newspaper that was in an episode of Nathan For You proudly framed

I've got a copy of Men of Achievement 1974

Rizla

Quote from: Neomod on July 15, 2021, 04:29:15 PM
Here ya go.[nb]Joe Hawkins no less[/nb]

Ooh nice. I've got all those, except "terrace terrors" and "glam". Plus a fair few Peter Cave biker books and some of those Petra whatsernames, the lesbian secret agent ones. Maybe I'll start an NEL thread over in shelf abuse sometime.

Neomod

Quote from: Rizla on July 15, 2021, 04:44:10 PM
Ooh nice. I've got all those, except "terrace terrors" and "glam". Plus a fair few Peter Cave biker books and some of those Petra whatsernames, the lesbian secret agent ones. Maybe I'll start an NEL thread over in shelf abuse sometime.

Oddly enough it's the Skinhead collections that now seem to be the most collectible if ebay prices are to be believed. Only the original Skinhead comes close in value. 

Magnum Valentino

Was just thinking this morning that I haven't bought a Lego set in years. Might pick up that Seinfeld set. A small gripe - pre-season 7 Elaine would have much more recognisable than the more generic later Elaine.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on July 15, 2021, 04:32:07 PM
I've got a copy of Men of Achievement 1974

Ha, that's fantastic and I am quite jealous (especially as no copies are available via Amazon or Ebay).

Rizla

Quote from: Neomod on July 15, 2021, 05:11:59 PM
Oddly enough it's the Skinhead collections that now seem to be the most collectible if ebay prices are to be believed. Only the original Skinhead comes close in value.
I guess the values wax and wane with the tides of fashion - Punk Rock was always impossible to find, whereas copies of Skinhead were relatively easy to pick up in the 90s. I remember seeing Doug Lang's NEL-published bedsit beat effort Freaks on sale in psychedelic record lists for upwards of £50 back then but I doubt anyone but the most addled old hawklord would even know what it was these days.

buttgammon

Quote from: Neomod on July 15, 2021, 02:55:22 PM
Just seen this and I am sorely tempted to get it. Even though once bought it will either stay in the box (could be worth something one day mint) or I'll make it, drop it, lose Jerry and or Elaine.

I actually think I'm going to get this!

dissolute ocelot

I've got a My So-Called Life lunchbox that I got with the DVD pre-order. I lent the DVDs to someone ages ago, but I can still pretend I'm eating lunch with the weirdos and outcasts. I've never used it.

I also have an insanely huge Friends coffee cup that I was given. Because I like the coffee friends and their nipple substitutes.

None of these are as useful as Lego, which can be used to film your own stop-motion fan scripts guaranteeing fame and lawsuits. And you can add actual pirate Lego.

Gurke and Hare

I had a Friends mouse mat I got free for pre-ordering some of the Coffee Friends VHS's, that included shows that hadn't been on TV yet.

Neomod

Quote from: buttgammon on July 15, 2021, 08:17:34 PM
I actually think I'm going to get this!

You've convinced me.

This could be just the beginning. What if there was a Lego™ The Larry Sanders Show edition with your very own Hank, Larry and Artie!

Gulftastic

I won one of these on the SFX Website:

Pauline Walnuts

I've got a Voc with red scary light up eyes.

mothman

I own one of a limited range of metal PPG blaster replicas from Babylon 5[nb]This is the point where someone gives me negative karma for mentioning B5.[/nb]. Made by Richard Coyle[nb]No, not that one.[/nb], an independent prop maker best "known" for designing the phasers used in Star Trek III: The Search For Spock.

Sebastian Cobb

Lego really isn't made for kids any more is it?

To be fair I've got a big facehugger toy that's got bendable wire legs. It used to live on the parcel shelf of my cars (bought it not long after I passed my test) but I don't have one so it's clinging on to the mirror in me lounge.

Once went out on halloween with it rubber banded to my head and just wore one of them paper suits you get in diy shops.

Catalogue Trousers

While I've collected a good few pieces of TV Tat over the years, this is the jewel in my collection at present.

These were initially released in the very late 90s/early 00s, and cost about £40 back then. I didn't pick one up at the time. About a decade later, you'd be lucky to find one going for less than a three-figure sum, along with Product Enterprises' other Gerry Anderson stuff - they were beautifully made, and the production run didn't last long. Then some nice chap on Facebook put one up for sale at £55, mint in the box. Bingo.

Blue Jam

I've got a University of American Samoa sweatshirt, plus a Wexler-McGill: Partners At Law t-shirt, both thoughtful gifts from Mr Jam. I got him a Thunder Gun 4: Maximum Cool t-shirt which makes me smile every time I see him wearing it. Thunder Gun is a bit of a meme in our house.

I've also got a Pit-Pat/Globochem t-shirt and a Space Force t-shirt. Not a massive fan of Space Force, I just really liked the design:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Netflix-Space-Force-Rocket-T-Shirt/dp/B089LDM9MN

Used to have a JLB Credit t-shirt but it fell apart. Much like ike JLB Credit.

Not generally into tat but wearable things are alright, they're practical so I feel like I've got an excuse for buying them.

Hat FM

i've got one of those league of gentlemen snow globes that came with the dvd when it was first released years back. it doesnt function as it should anymore unfortunately. still regret not buying a creme Brule t-shirt at the interval when i went to see them live. they had all gone at the end :(

Neomod

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on July 16, 2021, 12:04:07 AM
While I've collected a good few pieces of TV Tat over the years, this is the jewel in my collection at present.

These were initially released in the very late 90s/early 00s, and cost about £40 back then. I didn't pick one up at the time. About a decade later, you'd be lucky to find one going for less than a three-figure sum, along with Product Enterprises' other Gerry Anderson stuff - they were beautifully made, and the production run didn't last long. Then some nice chap on Facebook put one up for sale at £55, mint in the box. Bingo.

Late period GA stuff has had a bit of a renaissance in recent years. This new die-cast Eagle Transporter was released last year.

JesusAndYourBush

I misread the title as 'Tempted by a TV tat' and was imagining someone with something like this on their arm.

purlieu

Quote from: Neomod on July 15, 2021, 02:55:22 PM
The only other tv related stuff I've had outside of childhood (everyone had a 6 mil man back in the day) was this Avengers Set.

Crikey, this is probably worth a lot!

I had a set of Wallace & Gromit solar dancing toys, then I dropped Wallace and his head came off (see avatar). And I still have a Roland Rat cuddly toy from when I was a kid. Not much of a collection.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 15, 2021, 09:51:50 PM
Lego really isn't made for kids any more is it?

To be fair I've got a big facehugger toy that's got bendable wire legs. It used to live on the parcel shelf of my cars (bought it not long after I passed my test) but I don't have one so it's clinging on to the mirror in me lounge.

Once went out on halloween with it rubber banded to my head and just wore one of them paper suits you get in diy shops.

A friend thinks I should get this facehugger sleep apnea mask, but as I wear it every night and don't take it off while nipping to the toilet in the middle of the night I don't think my housemates would like it.

Pete23

If you're in to Gerry Anderson stuff and have no spare cash then for god's sake don't go here: https://shop.gerryanderson.co.uk/collections/all-products

Some of the Space 1999 Eagle models you can get now would have made 10 year old me explode: https://shop.gerryanderson.co.uk/collections/space-1999

And if I'd seen this transparent Thunderbird 2 kit before it had sold out it would already be mine: https://shop.gerryanderson.co.uk/collections/thunderbirds/products/1-350-transparent-thunderbird-2-model-kit

Blue Jam

Quote from: Pete23 on July 16, 2021, 03:41:17 PM
If you're in to Gerry Anderson stuff and have no spare cash then for god's sake don't go here: https://shop.gerryanderson.co.uk/collections/all-products

Heheheh. I have this, on the original black vinyl rather than the colourless vinyl second pressing:

https://www.discogs.com/Barry-Gray-UFO-The-Original-Television-Series-Soundtrack-Music-By-Barry-Gray/release/1466269

Not especially into Gerry Anderson, I just like the music. Glad I bought a copy at the RRP when it was released. It's not for sale but looking at those prices maybe I'm being daft not to flog it.

(records and books don't count do they?)