Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:16:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dusk Foster

Started by idunnosomename, July 15, 2021, 05:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

When Giles Coren dies I'll dance a jig.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on August 25, 2021, 01:34:38 AM
I see he's still off Twitter, despite being back writing for the Times, filming his hotel series and doing his radio show this week.

There were surprisingly only 23 complaints to the IPSO about Coren's Twitter post(s). IPSO said it wasn't anything to do with them as he was making his wry, sideways point in a private capacity.

I think that's probably fair enough really. I'm not sure it's preferable to have hacks' vitriol treated as a published piece, although of course this does get murky when hacks are passing off information as fact.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't be pilloried for it/get told to keep his opinions to himself if he wants to stay writing for publications etc etc

idunnosomename

Thing is Murdoch probably thought it was hilarious and that's why he's there in the first place.

Coren will be absolutely shit-scared of him regardless. Spineless little coward he is

Sebastian Cobb

I think everyone's probably scared of Murdoch, it's just whether you're scared he might destroy you or how much power he wields in the world.