Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:14:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Elvis and Kurt Cobain have been dead for as long as they were alive

Started by willbo, July 15, 2021, 05:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willbo

2019 was 42 years after Elvis died at 42, and this year is 27 years since Cobain died at 27. There's something so depressing that has struck me about that somehow.

Dr Rock

Video Game Fan 2000

Pffft, they were both dead for longer than that before they were born.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Dyl Spinks

As of this year, Springsteen is now older than Cash was when JC died. That took me aback today. I could've swore Cash was older.

Springsteen is a different case, though.

PlanktonSideburns

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Dyl Spinks on July 15, 2021, 06:45:32 PM
As of this year, Springsteen is now older than Cash was when JC died. That took me aback today. I could've swore Cash was older.
Pat Cash was at the crucifixion? He's well old!

rue the polywhirl

Incredible stuff re Cobain. Think I will play some Future Sounds Of London to commemorate this fact.

willbo

Quote from: Dyl Spinks on July 15, 2021, 06:45:32 PM

Springsteen is a different case, though.

is there a depressing industrial rock song Springsteen can cover to re-vitalise his twilight career?

edit - Cash did a song from 8 years previously (NIN's Hurt). The most important song of 2013 was Get Lucky, so Springsteen should do an acoustic cover of it to cap his career. The bouncy riff will sum up his love of rock n' roll, while the lyrics will fit perfectly with how a kid from New Jersey "got lucky" to become one of the world's biggest stars.

Dyl Spinks

I like your thinking; I'll send this suggestion to Jon Landau ASAP.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: willbo on July 15, 2021, 05:46:08 PM
2019 was 42 years after Elvis died at 42, and this year is 27 years since Cobain died at 27. There's something so depressing that has struck me about that somehow.

Same goes for Lennon, if that's not too obvious.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: willbo on July 15, 2021, 06:49:43 PM
edit - Cash did a song from 8 years previously (NIN's Hurt). The most important song  2013 was Get Lucky, so Springsteen should do an acoustic cover of it to cap his career. The bouncy riff will sum up his love of rock n' roll, while the lyrics will fit perfectly with how a kid from New Jersey "got lucky" to become one of the world's biggest stars.

In all seriousness, that does sound like the sort of thing Springsteen would perform as a FUN encore. He hasn't, but you know what I mean.

Dusty Substance

A few months ago I turned older than Elvis managed to. Every day since is a blessing, given all the peanut butter and heroin sandwiches I eat.

willbo

did you know Elvis never got to see the first Star Wars? He was trying to get a private showing when he passed away.

Butchers Blind

idunnosomename

Quote from: willbo on July 16, 2021, 10:55:11 AM
did you know Elvis never got to see the first Star Wars? He was trying to get a private showing when he passed away.
Kurt Cobain never got to see Episode I: The Phantom Menace either. Makes you think.

willbo

There's also no record of Bob Dylan going to see the divisive Episode 8 - The Last Jedi, or giving his thoughts on it. Of course, he's alive and well - but it's a shame he hasn't jumped into the Star Wars debate, either through interview or song.

Glebe

Greg Torso

Kurt died three months before the release of Baby's Day Out.

Elvis isn't the King of Rock 'n' Roll now, is he?  The singer from Climie Fisher took that honour.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 16, 2021, 12:28:06 PM
Kurt Cobain never got to see Episode I: The Phantom Menace either. Makes you think.

Dunno if he'd have liked it. His fav film was apparently Paris, Texas.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 16, 2021, 12:28:06 PM

Bizarre when you consider that Scentless Apprentice is about Jar Jar Binks.

Butchers Blind

If Elvis hadn't died in '77 he could've lived to see John Lennon get shot.

idunnosomename

If John Lennon hadn't got shot in 1980 he could've lived to 1994 and seen Baby's Day Out

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Butchers Blind on July 17, 2021, 12:29:26 AM
If Elvis hadn't died in '77 he could've lived to see John Lennon get shot.

No sympathy over this from me. He had numerous opportunities to shoot John Lennon himself.