Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:45:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This map

Started by Gurke and Hare, July 16, 2021, 12:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

As posted in this tweet - I don't know if that guy made it or just found it, but it's wonderful. I particularly like Neville/Gerrard and I keep seeing new bits I like.

Seems to be based off this.

bgmnts

Legoland and Casu Marzu made me chuckle.

Neville Chamberlain

Why are there two Faroe Islands?!?

Why is Iceland upside down?!?!?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on July 16, 2021, 12:31:41 PM
Why are there two Faroe Islands?!?

Why is Iceland upside down?!?!?

For 'Big laughs'

Thomas

Mediterranean 😂 crazy word

Endicott

A nice double bluff there with Mousehole.

Dex Sawash

Missing Medium Fryup

Neville Chamberlain

Look at the size of Lithuania!!! It's positively monstrous!!!!!

Icehaven

I might be missing an intentional joke here but Latvia and Lithuania are the wrong way round. And Latvia is Kaliningrad. OK I think I just don't get it.

Pauline Walnuts

I like the position of Liverpool and Manchester

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: icehaven on July 16, 2021, 02:34:47 PM
I might be missing an intentional joke here but Latvia and Lithuania are the wrong way round. And Latvia is Kaliningrad. OK I think I just don't get it.

I don't get it either. Is it meant for winding up Nordic people?

idunnosomename

it's inconsistent with how wrong it is. e.g. Cagliari and Palermo are swapped. Andorra has taken over Catalonia which has moved to Basque. You've got antique settlements like Sparta. Lake Ilmen is called the Grey Sea and it's got Putingrad on its shores. Stalingrad is on Moscow. That is not Crimea. There is no city called Tatar there. As said, Iceland is upside down. Some settlements are correct, some are just randomly re-placed. It's kinda clever how fucking weird it is

zomgmouse

Madrid in Portugal is a good touch

Rev+

Quote from: icehaven on July 16, 2021, 02:34:47 PM

You probably do get it.  Why is Italy shaped the way it is?  Because everyone knows it's shaped like a boot.  Why is it where it is?  Eh.

zomgmouse

• Istanbul
• Constantinople

Paul Calf

It seems a bit...lolrandom?

Norton Canes

Norton Canes

Norton Canes

But yeah it's a perfect example of putting just enough altered stuff in so it catches you off guard and doesn't look like it's trying too hard. Like it's hit the perfect ratio of comedy content.

Dex Sawash

chveik

mothman

Pinball

Looks like Ireland is trying to escape.

idunnosomename

Zadar in Croatia is Hrvatska which is just Croatian for Croatia.

Belgrade is Belcurve.

And one I'm surprised no one's pointed out, Goscinny is on the tip of Brittany where Asterix's village is (Goscinny is actually a name of Polish origin I think)

Captain Z

I can't decide if it's clever or annoying that Bucharest and Budapest are in their correct positions and countries.

mothman

Looking at a proper map just now, it's never really occurred to me quite how large Ukraine is. No wonder the Russians want it back.