Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:07:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

HEATWAVE

Started by Barry Admin, July 16, 2021, 04:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonderful Butternut

26C for me today.

Cycled to one of the beaches near me at 11am today. Thronged. Probably every beach in the county like that.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Havin a barbecue I am. Love it. Are you havin a barbecue? You wanna come to my barbecue. Grillin n chillin.

Gonna stand next to something that's hotter than the fucking weather and create a load of smoke that makes it even harder to breathe.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Staying home today, did beach yesterday morning. Might bring hound to beach this evening depending on the temperature. It is 23 degrees. Went to strength training class at 11 and almost passed out.

GoblinAhFuckScary

NattyDread 2

15 degrees here. Cloudy and windy with the odd bit of drizzle. Lucky buggers the lot of you.

bgmnts

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on July 18, 2021, 02:55:29 PM
Was it you when the pandemic started that did the "What's 30 feet long with 12 teeth? -
Spoiler alert
The queue for Cwmbran Asda
[close]
" joke?

Ha no but that's brilliant.

shiftwork2

A lovely summer's day.  First Brexit, now this!

Sebastian Cobb

Glad I got some mango squash from the asian grocers the other day.

Mr Banlon

Quote from: SpiderChrist on July 18, 2021, 11:25:05 AM
Currently 27o in Ely, supposed to get up to 30o in the next couple of hours. Sat in the garden shade with a rollie and a cuppa, listening to Fela Kuti. No complaints here just yet. Beer incoming shortly.
Ely and Stuntney will be alright, but It'll be a lot hotter down on the flat.

Fambo Number Mive

Spent the afternoon "doing a Putin"

mothman

It's so hot I'm doing loads of laundry just to be able to hang them outside - it dries in about half an hour. Already jinxed our chances of a holiday by getting all the holiday clothes out of storage and washing them. May seal the deal by washing the beach towels next.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Fambo Number Mive

Basically that but without the horse and inside my house (no-one needs to see my moobs).

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Pranet on July 18, 2021, 02:38:23 PM
There is a canal near me. This afternoon passed a group of people swimming in it. Don't think I've seen that before. There is a non zero chance of having a dead rat float into your face. Everyone now and then someone gets pissed, falls in and drowns and I always think it is a particularly revolting way to go.

We used to swim in canals. Not the best idea. A mate got part of a rusty bike frame straight through his lower leg after jumping from a bridge. That was an even worse idea but it sure made sure no one else did it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on July 18, 2021, 02:47:41 PM
it was pretty up on thee hills last night

A bit dark, so I fixed it for you

Pranet

Quote from: Brian Freeze on July 18, 2021, 05:08:26 PM
We used to swim in canals. Not the best idea. A mate got part of a rusty bike frame straight through his lower leg after jumping from a bridge. That was an even worse idea but it sure made sure no one else did it.

That element of foolhardiness didn't even occur to me. Tons of rusty crap in there.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Too hot to go anywhere in the end. Dog and I had ice cream for dinner.

Sebastian Cobb

Not sure doing a goan lamb vindaloo for tea was the wisest move but fuck it, can't back out now.

Icehaven

Quote from: Pranet on July 18, 2021, 02:38:23 PM
There is a canal near me. This afternoon passed a group of people swimming in it. Don't think I've seen that before. There is a non zero chance of having a dead rat float into your face. Everyone now and then someone gets pissed, falls in and drowns and I always think it is a particularly revolting way to go.

Went for a walk earlier and saw a group of kids playing in a drain overflow. I don't think they knew what it was but they'll find out soon enough when they wake up either with Weil's disease or superpowers.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 18, 2021, 09:00:15 PM
Not sure doing a goan lamb vindaloo for tea was the wisest move but fuck it, can't back out now.

I had a goan curry too, shrimp. Lovely

mothman

Quote from: icehaven on July 18, 2021, 09:23:56 PM
Went for a walk earlier and saw a group of kids playing in a drain overflow. I don't think they knew what it was but they'll find out soon enough when they wake up either with Weil's disease or superpowers.

Tell me more of these superpowers...

Mobius

21c in Australia :( freezing

checkoutgirl

Ireland will have temperatures next Friday, Saturday and Sunday of 21°, 17° and 19° Celsius.

At last blessed relief!!

Beagle 2

Here's how much I've enjoyed the weather this weekend:

Friday: looked like I was finally going to get my sweaty writhing one-year-old to sleep at gone 11pm when he suddenly lurches for me and full on digs his fingernails into my eye.

Saturday: walked across town in agony to hospital in 1865 degree heat, diagnosed with a "whacking great" cut across my pupil to the corner of my eye, staggered back across town in 2973 degree heat with ointment caked in my eye and weird yellow shit running down my throat and any sort of light making me want to throw up in pain (turns out there was light)

Sunday: smacked up on codeine it was alright actually

Sherringford Hovis

Saturday - most of my crew had their annual firefighting skills refresher/assessment in the drill house - a four-storey concrete bunker packed with burning pallets and smouldering straw. It can be over 450°C inside, but with a breathing apparatus working duration of 38 minutes, the first couple of sessions aren't too bad... Once there's a load of water in there, sessions three and four (and five, if you're unlucky enough to fuck up one of the earlier ones) rapidly become a banter-free zone however.

I've got mine this coming Saturday - bricking it, tbh. My refresher is normally Oct/Nov time: last time I did one in this heat (2016 maybe?) a couple of us got a ride in an ambulance :-(

Brian Freeze

That puts things nicely into perspective!

I was feeling sympathy for people who have to work in kitchens and the like. Ive got to keep busy this week, hopefully it wont involve a Tyvek suit for any of it as even doing nowt in one I boil in the bag.

It hasnt felt like a normal weekend, its felt like a holiday instead.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Mobius on July 19, 2021, 12:10:21 AM
21c in Australia :( freezing

I saw the first "that's nothing, try living in Australia" Facebook comment of the season earlier. Presumably as they're sat in their nicely air conditioned home.

Kankurette

Yeah, it's easy for Aussies and Yanks to sneer, their houses and offices are more likely to have aircon. Ours don't and we have to rely on electric fans.

Jittlebags

Quote from: mothman on July 18, 2021, 10:41:11 PM
Tell me more of these superpowers...

Impetigo Man. New to the Marvel Universe.

Buelligan

Pushing 37 today, happily don't have to walk to work in it (that's the mother, like being tapped on the head by confusion, palpitations and headaches before you even start a bastard shift) and the depths of the cave as tranquil and cool as a mortuary.  Say what you like, they knew how to build caves in the old days, no clim, no fans, just unyielding mindless rock.