Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:53:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

HEATWAVE

Started by Barry Admin, July 16, 2021, 04:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

I've gone full on Eddie Yates here, in a vest and shorts.

Kankurette

I do the thing with the cold cloth on my wrist/neck and it does actually work, or at least it makes me feel a bit cooler.

Cuellar

My mum always used to say 'run your wrists under cold water' but I'm never sure if it was real or just some old nonsense.

28 years old she was etc.

bgmnts

Hand fan. Can't go wrong with a simple hand fan.

Thinking about starting swimming in the reservoir in month or so. Seems very appealing nowadays.

WhoMe

Quote from: Cuellar on July 19, 2021, 08:02:55 PM
My mum always used to say 'run your wrists under cold water' but I'm never sure if it was real or just some old nonsense.

I do that. Makes sense, wicking away the heat from veins close to the surface?
Woke from my light, uncomfortable sleep about 4.30 this morning due to an Irish bloke walking down the street having a good old sing song. Not a bad voice to be fair, but it's 4.30 and everyone's windows are open you shit.

seepage

Pie, beans & chips in the garden. Lovely.

mothman

My resting heart rate was quite low at the start of the month, 61 to 64, but it has gone up a bit the last week or so, about 67 now...

pigamus

Quote from: seepage on July 19, 2021, 08:48:16 PM
Pie, beans & chips in the garden. Lovely.

They'll grow up with self-esteem issues if you call them that

paruses

Quote from: bgmnts on July 19, 2021, 08:18:19 PM

Thinking about starting swimming in the reservoir in month or so. Seems very appealing nowadays.

I say do it (depending on the state of the res). Have been going up to an old reservoir over the past month (just got back now) and it's great. I'm not a great swimmer - just learn to float is my advice and it builds up your confidence - but it clears my head and makes me feel relaxed for a while. Was going to resurrect last year's wild swimming thread to check on things.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Cuellar on July 19, 2021, 08:02:55 PM

That's an old Raver's tip, and it absolutely does work.

seepage

Quote from: pigamus on July 19, 2021, 09:20:03 PM
They'll grow up with self-esteem issues if you call them that

OK, Pi, Bean & Chip then

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

It's almost ten o'clock, the light's fading outside, and I'm still in shorts.

I had to go into the office this morning for an hour or two and was concerned about the dog. I couldn't leave him inside because he hadn't pooped yet, so I rigged him up a shelter made of an old tarp and four bungee cords. The back yard has plenty of shade in the afternoon but very little in the morning. He was reluctant but I put his water bowl and some treats under there. No idea if he used it or not. Still, at least it was there and provided a big patch of shade in addition to his doghouse. Gonna walk him in a little bit now that the sun's gone down.

TrenterPercenter

Doesn't everyone walk around in the house in just shorts anyway.  Just got back from playing 5 aside right next to one of the big uni's so got to see the all the stoooodents going clubbing in the their turtle necks and berets.

bgmnts

Quote from: paruses on July 19, 2021, 09:36:32 PM
I say do it (depending on the state of the res). Have been going up to an old reservoir over the past month (just got back now) and it's great. I'm not a great swimmer - just learn to float is my advice and it builds up your confidence - but it clears my head and makes me feel relaxed for a while. Was going to resurrect last year's wild swimming thread to check on things.

I can swim! I just haven't for well over a decade as usually the weather isn't this bad but at the moment it feels like the perfect thing to do. It just costs a tenner.

pigamus

paruses

Quote from: bgmnts on July 19, 2021, 10:46:45 PM
I can swim! I just haven't for well over a decade as usually the weather isn't this bad but at the moment it feels like the perfect thing to do. It just costs a tenner.

Sorry - I phrased that weirdly. I was thinking of the couple tonight who were up there who couldn't swim and typed out my thought.

A tenner though? Is that a new council "innovation"?

bgmnts

Quote from: paruses on July 19, 2021, 10:58:29 PM
Sorry - I phrased that weirdly. I was thinking of the couple tonight who were up there who couldn't swim and typed out my thought.

A tenner though? Is that a new council "innovation"?

Well I think they've only just started allowing swimming, I think it's usually an activity and watersports centre. I think they call it a lake nowadays. Fuck knows.

But yeah seems like a bit of a con but a source of fresh, clean outdoor water for swimming is too good to miss out on.

Glebe

It really is just too hot. Washed and changed and am all sweaty again.

Mr_Simnock

Is that what you told your mum your flesh light was?

bgmnts

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on July 20, 2021, 12:31:56 AM
Is that what you told your mum your flesh light was?

What sort of 'flesh light' are you buying that looks like a hand fan?

Jasha

That no swimming sign is there for a reason

Jasha

So hot drink or cold drink?

MojoJojo

I wonder if this year is the year where I'll actually buy a fan when they're back in stock. Instead of waiting till the next heatwave to get one when they're all sold out.

Quote from: bgmnts on July 20, 2021, 12:39:36 AM
What sort of 'flesh light' are you buying that looks like a hand fan?

Don't kink shame. Some people like their cocks diced by spinning blades.

Buelligan

Quote from: Jasha on July 20, 2021, 10:39:26 AM
That no swimming sign is there for a reason

Don't tell me - Southern Water deliberately dumping billions of litres of raw sewage into it again.  Utter cunts.

thenoise

Load of little fly cunts darting about my room. Woken by an enormous moth dive bombing my face at 2am. Love sleeping with the window open.  Went downstairs for a glass of water and there was a huge green slug in the kitchen. Little Noise woke me up at 7, fuck knows how he slept so soundly.

Buelligan

The slug thing's a bit weird.  I get loads, think it's because the floor is cool and dampish so they slink in and regale themselves.  Worst part is, they're quite large and accidentally stepping on them in the dark, they pop and splodge up between the toes horribly, leaves one with physical revulsion, a nasty mess and a terrible karmic burden.  I fervently wish they'd choose another path if I'm honest.

Fambo Number Mive

Someone chose to do very loud and weird sounding DIY between 9 and 11 today, helpful of them to choose a day when everyone has to have the windows open.

MojoJojo

You'd think a website that only sold fans would still have some in stock but I've been looking at onlyfans.com for hours and haven't found any.