Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,308
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:11:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HEATWAVE

Started by Barry Admin, July 16, 2021, 04:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Quote from: MojoJojo on July 20, 2021, 12:41:09 PM
You'd think a website that only sold fans would still have some in stock but I've been looking at onlyfans.com for hours and haven't found any.

At least looking at that website has helped me get a nice sweat going

Catalogue of ills

Barely a cloud in the sky here and hailstones the size of chickpeas

Custard

Quote from: Glebe on July 20, 2021, 12:16:19 AM
It really is just too hot. Washed and changed and am all sweaty again.

Yeah, the washing thing is annoying as within minutes you're pissing with sweat again. Sometimes before you even leave the bathroom

Janie Jones

Quote from: paruses on July 19, 2021, 09:36:32 PM
I say do it (depending on the state of the res). Have been going up to an old reservoir over the past month (just got back now) and it's great. I'm not a great swimmer - just learn to float is my advice and it builds up your confidence - but it clears my head and makes me feel relaxed for a while. Was going to resurrect last year's wild swimming thread to check on things.

Admin doesn't like necro-posting so here's the thread, some interesting bits of advice and observation about wild swimming.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,82023.0.html

I couldn't be more of a lockdown cliché as I've not only upped my home alcohol intake and got into sourdough baking, I've also discovered wild swimming. No wetsuit but I have got one of those wizard's sleeves dry robes for getting changed in colder weather. Just dipping in the local river suits me as I don't like timed slots you have to pay for and there's a nice clean chalk river a short bike ride from my house in which, in 2020, no-one died.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 20, 2021, 12:12:52 PM
Someone chose to do very loud and weird sounding DIY between 9 and 11 today, helpful of them to choose a day when everyone has to have the windows open.

Some cunt near me was doing something that sounded like cutting metal with a circular saw for a couple of hours yesterday.

mothman

We're having a bathroom tiled right now, so while that specific example may not be down to us...

steve98

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on July 20, 2021, 02:08:09 PM
Some cunt near me was doing something that sounded like cutting metal with a circular saw for a couple of hours yesterday.

That working man might very well be making ventilators or... metal beds or... we can't all laze around in the heat-wave sun, swallowing Pimms all day, unfortunately.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on July 20, 2021, 11:02:11 AM
Don't tell me - Southern Water deliberately dumping billions of litres of raw sewage into it again.  Utter cunts.

Welsh Water are one of the better water companies.

Zetetic

Specifically they're a not-for-profit, unlike the English companies.

Sebastian Cobb

Scottish water let a buchan trap collapse in the street then poo and bog roll ran down the street when I had a shower.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 20, 2021, 08:26:29 PM
Scottish water let a buchan trap collapse in the street then poo and bog roll ran down the street when I had a shower.

2005 by any chance?

Sebastian Cobb

nah would've been more like 2013/14.

Pranet

Doing me in now. Yesterday evening felt odd in body and spirit and in the middle of the night started throwing up. Got two more evenings of this.

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 20, 2021, 08:17:49 PM
Welsh Water are one of the better water companies.

I know, it was my little joke about official signage and the helpful social conscience that lies behind so much of it.

Did find this map - https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=a6dd42e3bc264fc28134c64c00db4a5b&extent=-401307.0872%2C6628364.5565%2C-130261.3849%2C6788576.5678%2C102100 - which I think we've stared at before.

imitationleather

A pizza place is being built downstairs and they've been drilling non-stop for days now. I know it's going to be amazing to live above one of the best pizza places in Newcastle, but this is really starting to get on my tits.

Jasha

Even the sunflowers had enough

Sebastian Cobb

Bit milder here today but tomorrow's supposed to be 28c.

Kankurette

I got so fed up of the heat that I dumped a pan of cold water over my head.

It's going to be 28 degrees here tomorrow too.

Spoon of Ploff

my fingers feel like they're made 100% from sweat

Kankurette

My face is on fire and I feel really sick.

Blumf

Quote from: Kankurette on July 21, 2021, 12:19:10 PM
My face is on fire and I feel really sick.

Harlan Ellison follow up deemed "Not all that"

buttgammon

It's 32° here - in Ireland!

Wonderful Butternut

Was out on what was meant to be my morning-but turned into early afternoon cos I was slow getting out of bed this morning, fuck you I'm on holidays-cycle and saw a herd of cattle drinking out of a lake. Like Wildebeest on those nature documentaries.

Don't think I've seen that before.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on July 21, 2021, 10:30:10 AM
A pizza place is being built downstairs and they've been drilling non-stop for days now. I know it's going to be amazing to live above one of the best pizza places in Newcastle, but this is really starting to get on my tits.

Gazza's pie hut? 2**, norovirus guaranteed

checkoutgirl

Had to slather my legs in P45 cream because the heat must be making them itchy. Friday and it's temperature drop can't come soon enough.

Neomod

I'm wearing home made cap sleeve t's for the first time since Portsmouth Navy Days in 1977.

THAT'S how hot it is.

Chedney Honks

I'm recovering from surgery and the heat and sweat are irritating my wounds. 😂😂😂

Still, at least I smell nice. 🤣🤣🤣

TrenterPercenter

Just given up on work for the rest of today (maybe if it cools down this evening I'll have another bash at a few things) but it's just too hot to think.

mothman

Wore shorts to work but found the air conditioning was too cold.

Neomod

Just been out for my evening cycle and it's carnage. Seagulls both dead and exhausted litter the streets.

Idiots. The sea's like a minute away by air.