Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,311
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:04:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HEATWAVE

Started by Barry Admin, July 16, 2021, 04:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Bus went past just now, one person on it, a topless man. That's going to be fun for the next person who sits on that seat. Eww.

Chedney Honks

It will probably cool them down when it evaoorates

buttgammon

Quote from: Chedney Honks on July 22, 2021, 10:29:51 AM
Everyone saying put a ice bottle in front of the fan does that really work? I'm too hot to make the effort to try it'll if I it's no guaranteed. I may die.

It's good for pets apparently, especially animals that don't like water, as you can wrap it in a towel and they can lie on it without getting too wet.

I tried rubbing ice on my rabbit's ears which cooled him down, but he freaked out when it began to melt (two seconds later).

Buelligan

I used to comb my cats with a wet comb in the mega-boiling weather, they lapped it up.

Blumf

Quote from: buttgammon on July 22, 2021, 02:28:23 PM
I tried rubbing ice on my rabbit's ears which cooled him down, but he freaked out when it began to melt (two seconds later).

Quote from: Buelligan on July 22, 2021, 03:28:45 PM
I used to comb my cats with a wet comb in the mega-boiling weather, they lapped it up.

Foolishness! Both Rabbits and cats can easily fit inside a normal freezer. Cool 'em down in no time.

steve98

Make sure you put booties on them so their feet don't stick to the metal bits(elements.) Never get them out :(

BlodwynPig

Move to your north west facing billiard room, you pig thick peasants

Kankurette

It's raining. Thank fuck.

Blumf

Fucks sake! It's the middle of the night, and there's still over a 2C difference between the inside of the sun-facing exterior walls and any of the others.

This room is not going to cool down.

Chollis

20°C here now, straight chillin'

Thomas

Quote from: buttgammon on July 22, 2021, 02:28:23 PM
It's good for pets apparently, especially animals that don't like water, as you can wrap it in a towel and they can lie on it without getting too wet.

Been doing this for my cat. Unfortunately he has a suicidal habit of following us around the house, even if we're in the hottest room. If he was still in touch with his ancient survival instincts he'd be chilling comfortably on the shaded bed, but instead he's melting in the kitchen.

Kankurette

My little shit has found a nice shady spot in my sitting room next to the chaise longue, one of his favourite basking items. He's coping better with the heat than I am, he just lazes around most of the time. I've not tried putting cold water on him because it would piss him off, but I do pop the odd ice cube in his water bowl.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Heatwave breaking down this afternoon and over the next couple of days.

Thundercell developed at 1.30pm between Dublin and Kilkenny - now spread out in a stream of storms moving west.

buttgammon

I'm currently on a bus in the Irish Midlands and we've left some big thunderstorms behind to the west. There was constant lightning for a while!

Head Gardener

My bearded dragon fuckin LOVES this weather, happy to bask in it for ages, probably hotter than his tank.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 22, 2021, 07:11:39 PM
Move to your north west facing billiard room, you pig thick peasants

lol

wooders1978

bit gutted I don't have an excuse to parade out to my wheelie bin in my boxers now (not that it will stop me, I've had a taste and now I want MORE) but thank fuck thats over - I hear another one is coming in August however !!

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: wooders1978 on July 23, 2021, 10:19:28 PM
bit gutted I don't have an excuse to parade out to my wheelie bin in my boxers now (not that it will stop me, I've had a taste and now I want MORE)

You better not still be flashing those ill fitting love globule containers Wooders.  I built my own neolithic solar observatory and sacrificed 13 cats to put an end that shite.

wooders1978

Mum got me a pair of "Next" boxers at christmas, which have lasted me

TrenterPercenter

I'll see if I can rustle up some more cats

Pink Gregory

massive fuck off peals of thunder and the soil is a healthy darl brown with moisture and I am HERE for this

BlodwynPig

Quote from: wooders1978 on July 23, 2021, 10:46:44 PM
Mum got me a pair of "Next" boxers at christmas, which have lasted me

I still wear underpants from the 80s

steve98

Yeah, you said. You're the guy on the left yeah? In beige? The Travis Bikle look-a-like?

mothman

Three-hour strategy meeting yesterday afternoon. Held outside in deck chairs because why the fuck not. Sunburned today. At least it's cooler, and it'd have been worse if yesterday hadn't been cooler with intermittent cloud cover (and I took care to sit with my back to the sun).

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Were you all in shorts and bikinis?

mothman

The day before (or the one before that) we probably would have been.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: steve98 on July 24, 2021, 10:56:28 AM
Yeah, you said. You're the guy on the left yeah? In beige? The Travis Bikle look-a-like?

Is the picture on the right from some new fangled sexy version of The Flintstones?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

11:00: "Oh it's cooler today"
11:00:05 "AH JAYZUS IS DAT ALL DE FECKIN' SUMMER WE'RE GOING TA GET"
14:00: "You know what I'll walk into town, poke around the shops and walk home. I'd better put on some long pants, it was a bit chilly this morning"
15:00 (town): "ohgodhelpme"

thenoise

Quote from: Buelligan on July 20, 2021, 11:22:18 AM
The slug thing's a bit weird.  I get loads, think it's because the floor is cool and dampish so they slink in and regale themselves.  Worst part is, they're quite large and accidentally stepping on them in the dark, they pop and splodge up between the toes horribly, leaves one with physical revulsion, a nasty mess and a terrible karmic burden.  I fervently wish they'd choose another path if I'm honest.

Eek, nightmare. I once left a couple of gardening gloves outside in the twilight, picked them up and put my hand in one,only to find a couple of slugs had sought refuge inside. Squelch.

Big green was back today and brought along a little black friend. Both got hurled to the far end of the garden, from where they will inevitably find their way back after a couple of days.

mothman

Metric fuckton of slugs in our garden today. I'd use my trusty trowel to flick them over the fence into the garden of the people we hate, but they sold that part of their garden to our actual neighbours who we get on with.