Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,476
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:42:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HEATWAVE

Started by Barry Admin, July 16, 2021, 04:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ham Bap

27 today in the house. Too damn hot. Roll on winter.

Consignia

Went for a run in 27 degree heat today. Bad idea.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on July 16, 2021, 08:39:38 PM
I've got my shorts on right now! I managed to get some that cover enough but not too much (knee-length shorts just draw more attention to my huge fat legs, somehow). I hate putting on long pants when I have to go into the office. I'm almost tempted to put on a skirt for the first time in twenty years.

Being told you can wear shorts in work is the best. I know privilege as a mediocre white middle-class man; and shorts-wearing is basically top of the mountain shit.

Ferris

Was 33c here the other week, can't open the windows to cool the gaff down at night because it was 27c until about 3am.

And this is the bit of global warming we're supposed to make the most of before the sun fries us all. There's no justice.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 16, 2021, 10:29:34 PM
Being told you can wear shorts in work is the best. I know privilege as a mediocre white middle-class man; and shorts-wearing is basically top of the mountain shit.

Bang on the money as usual.

flotemysost

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on July 16, 2021, 08:39:38 PM
I've got my shorts on right now! I managed to get some that cover enough but not too much (knee-length shorts just draw more attention to my huge fat legs, somehow). I hate putting on long pants when I have to go into the office. I'm almost tempted to put on a skirt for the first time in twenty years.

Have you tried/would you wear culottes? I found a black pair in a charity shop a few years ago and they're the item of clothing that made me think dressing for the summer might not be such an ordeal after all - they stop just above the ankle so they're a flattering length, drawstring waist but very roomy throughout so perfect for this horrific weather, but somehow they still look quite chic paired with a stripey T-shirt or something.

I've always preferred shorts over skirts too, just so much more flattering and practical if you get the right fit. And they're more likely to have pockets too, much better for quick access to face masks/tissues. Had to stuff my face mask in my bra the other day because the dress I was wearing didn't have any pockets, being subsequently waterboarded by my own tit sweat wasn't fun.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 16, 2021, 10:29:34 PM

We can wear shorts at work but I cannot face splinters, fibreglass and swarf down me socks. Haven't seen the usual anti shorts rage on here this year.

Have a cousin in British Columbia and they were happy a couple of weeks ago when it dropped to 35 C. From 45. Fuck that.

Zetetic

Most of these 'high' temperatures are quite pleasant, so long as it's dry. It's the inability to reduce temperature by sweating that's horrible.

chveik

spare a thought for prince andrew

Alberon

Switched the air conditioner on today.

Don't know what you lot are complaining about.

Sebastian Cobb

I've been to both Shell Island and Dyffryn Ardudwy, and can only assume it's 'muggy' in Wales.

At best.

Blumf

Quote from: Zetetic on July 16, 2021, 11:08:46 PM
Most of these 'high' temperatures are quite pleasant, so long as it's dry. It's the inability to reduce temperature by sweating that's horrible.

I'm sorry to report that The University of Arizona has rejected your application, you'll have to go with Florida State instead.

pigamus

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 16, 2021, 11:17:14 PM
I've been to both Shell Island and Dyffryn Ardudwy,

It's a lovely song Charlene love but it's a little bit niche

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Stop being soft you gaylords. It's not even that warm.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Glebe on July 16, 2021, 08:43:53 PM
Funny how in the middle of winter you're dreaming about heatwaves, then when it's peak summer you end up moaning about how you couldn't handle living in a hot country. Feel like my torso is being melted right now.

27.5 right now (1:02am).  I'm not moaning about it, just stating the fact.  I'm finding it tolerable at the moment.

Cloud

Doing my head in. Even bought a fan.  It's shit as always, we need aircon, but at what point in global warming will we decide that £350+ is worth it for the small but increasingly severe summers we get?

idunnosomename

it's too HOT! i can't TAKE it anymore!

Replies From View

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 16, 2021, 04:48:04 PM
Flying ant day apparently. Little fucking cunts.

Don't worry they detach their wings when they have landed on you

pigamus

Just clicked on BBC Weather and it's going to be a very sweaty week for my testicles.

frajer

Quote from: pigamus on July 17, 2021, 07:59:53 AM
Just clicked on BBC Weather and it's going to be a very sweaty week for my testicles.

Quality of their reporting's improved.

timebug

23 here and its only just about 9am. Supposed to be even hotter tomorrow.

BlodwynPig

The Mollusk

I'm young and happy and free so the hot weather does not bother me. In fact I'd go as far as saying it enriches my life and helps me to appreciate the natural beauty of the world around me. So get fucked.

Buelligan

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 16, 2021, 05:35:20 PM
92f/33c won't get too much hotter today due to cloud cover. Been cool this summer.

Same, jumper and slippers earlier in the week.  I think something might have gone wrong.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on July 16, 2021, 08:27:42 PM
There'll be plenty of time to be cold and miserable from about October through to spring.

Oh god I'm already there, that sounds like heaven. Made the mistake of leaving the flat yesterday to get some brown bread and was lucky to make it back. Plus you have the added covid risk as people go outside in search of uv rays.

Please let this end.

Butchers Blind

The Lilt man has just been round.

Kankurette

Peak temperature will be 26-27C today. Aaaaargh. At least my local gym has aircon.

BlodwynPig

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: checkoutgirl on July 17, 2021, 10:11:38 AM
Made the mistake of leaving the flat yesterday to get some brown bread and was lucky to make it back.

You almost ended up as the thing you went to get!

27 here but it feels fine indoors in shorts and t-shirt, and windy outside (cos it's the coast/north sea) which takes the edge off the heat. Over 30 and I'd be starting to get desperate for AC though. Fans aren't that good at a certain point either since they just blow hot air on you.

buttgammon

It's already 26 here, and that's pretty hot for Dublin.

Sebastian Cobb

22 according to my thermometer

feels a bit warmer though

60% humid