Author Topic: HEATWAVE  (Read 9384 times)

Ham Bap

• I’m a ham bap.
Re: HEATWAVE
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2021, 12:12:53 PM »
Its so warm and sunny out Ive just purchased Ferris Bueller's Day Off on Prime Video (£4.99) for an idea of the time that could be spent on a warm and sunny day such as today.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
  • MAKE ROOM FOR THE MUSHROOMS
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2021, 12:14:15 PM »
Went out for a walk, saw a number of topless men. You know it's hot when the male nipples come out.

pigamus

• Sex, death, mayonnaise.
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2021, 12:16:10 PM »
Its so warm and sunny out Ive just purchased Ferris Bueller's Day Off on Prime Video (£4.99) for an idea of the time that could be spent on a warm and sunny day such as today.

I’m sure the ginger paedo bloke will be glad of the royalties!

FerriswheelBueller

• CaB rear of the year 2020
  • Silver Member
  • Take it easy, but take it.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2021, 12:17:51 PM »
I’m sure the ginger paedo bloke will be glad of the royalties!

Spreading malicious falsehoods - I don’t see a penny of it.

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2021, 04:25:27 PM »
Don’t know what temperature it is out there now, there’s a thermometer on the wall outside but it’s a bit inaccessible right now. Did notice it was already 25C at 10am.

EDIT: got to it - blocked by scaffolding - 27.5 it says, but that’s in the shade (of said scaffolding, plus the sun’s going round to the front of the house now)

Chollis

• Master of Codes
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2021, 04:30:50 PM »
Also I've started sweating profusely from the hairline

humblebrag

Thomas

• please describe an encounter with a squirrel
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2021, 04:33:51 PM »
humblebrag

He didn't mention that the sweat is dripping off the back of his head.

Mr Banlon

• If you're gonna go nog, you gotta go Mingus
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2021, 05:01:19 PM »
 I'm a couple of miles from Heathrow. Having a 2 and a half square mile concrete slab up the road really does push up the temperature.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

• Nothing is ever as good or bad as you think.
    • http://www.last.fm/user/georgethebadger/
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2021, 05:07:33 PM »
Not fun with 2 week old.

purlieu

• Gertrude Stein said that's enough.
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2021, 05:18:54 PM »
Currently "enjoying" 29º here with, apparently, 53% humidity which might as well be 503% given how sluggish it's making me.

Catalogue of ills

• Yeeaah, that's right!
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2021, 05:20:14 PM »
I'm lucky enough to have a garden, and in the garden is a hammock, so today's weather is working for me. I also went out and bought what I need for some Asian cooking, and have sorted out which cocktails I'm making later. Ponce? Why, yes. But a happy ponce.

JesusAndYourBush

• Earnest silky coconut shell
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2021, 05:20:54 PM »
31.5 right now, and that's inside, it may well be warmer if I took the thermometer outside.

EDIT: 34.2 outside.

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2021, 05:38:33 PM »
29 at the moment. It's so hot i've just given up trying to cool down. The portable fan was just blowing warmish air into my face.

Nice cup of Glengettie and a pint of orange squash. Summer will have to give me a stroke before I let it defeat me.

« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2021, 05:39:35 PM »
28 here.
Been drinking at Chinto Hall since midday.
About to go to a BBQ.
This'll end well...

GoblinAhFuckScary

• DIDN'T LIKE THE BEACH
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2021, 05:42:25 PM »
24 with a good sea breeze, so pretty easy to stomach

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2021, 05:44:40 PM »
Had me French balcony open, sounded like there was a protest across the road, park in the way so I couldn't work out what was going on but rozzers turned up.... went for a wander and asked a neighbor apparently they were all chanting 'peado out' because a convicted nonce had been placed in one of the flats.

People make Glasgow, etc.

Catalogue of ills

• Yeeaah, that's right!
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2021, 05:49:50 PM »
Had me French balcony open, sounded like there was a protest across the road, park in the way so I couldn't work out what was going on but rozzers turned up.... went for a wander and asked a neighbor apparently they were all chanting 'peado out' because a convicted nonce had been placed in one of the flats.

People make Glasgow, etc.

Maybe they were just encouraging him to make the most of the nice weather. Were there any chants about vitamin D?

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2021, 05:54:12 PM »
The block opposite me is mostly sheltered housing I think. There's a big overhang from the stairs under the entrance and the old duffers have put seats under most of them. There's a chubby old bloke that sits outside topless most days with a big grin, bronze as fuck he is, when my parents visited my dad jokingly referred to him as 'the bhudda man'.

Cloud

• This is probably a mistake
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2021, 06:05:00 PM »
A little spray bottle of water helps somewhat, just spritz yourself with it and let the fan evaporate it off.

But ultimately I keep getting tempted to go and sit in the car with the A/C on...

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2021, 06:06:27 PM »
But ultimately I keep getting tempted to go and sit in the car with the A/C on...

Went into a Lidl after almost a year of getting stuff delivered and working from home and experiencing AC/climate control was delightful.

Desolation etc

Chollis

• Master of Codes
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2021, 06:10:00 PM »
went out in the garden for a bit. usually force myself to sit out in the unbearable heat to get some colour after 11 months without sunlight. too hot for me. 28 degrees i it was!

20-22 is a pleasant heat for me, anything above 25 just seems oppressive, unless you've got access to some water to dunk into. dunno how people "enjoy" it.

« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2021, 06:18:02 PM »
It was somehow cooler going and biking up a big fuck off hill with a bit of breeze than sitting indoors.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2021, 06:20:27 PM »
ok, yes it was fucking hot. About 40 degrees out of the wind. How do you like your bacon?

Glebe

• We're all in the gutter.
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2021, 06:28:56 PM »
24 at the mo here, fuck can't move.

chveik

• OPEN THE PUBS BOYS
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2021, 06:37:19 PM »
softies

Norton Canes

• Pick up the pace with your cracked-out face
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2021, 06:42:54 PM »
So hot here god I love it

Norton Canes

• Pick up the pace with your cracked-out face
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2021, 06:44:21 PM »
Of course this is the week I had my bike taken in for repair

Zetetic

• I wasn't supposed to be around this long, so…
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2021, 06:46:50 PM »
A little spray bottle of water helps somewhat, just spritz yourself with it and let the fan evaporate it off.
If the humidity was low enough for this to work, you wouldn't need it in the first place.

« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2021, 06:51:05 PM »
If you can walk to the corner shop without crossing the road 3 times to keep in the shade then it ain't hot enough yet

« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2021, 06:58:36 PM »
Not been that hot here, 28 apparently but the only time I was really hot was while slaving over a hot barbecue.

Needs to be over 30 I reckon to be called “hot”.

Softies.

Tags: