Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:57:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HEATWAVE

Started by Barry Admin, July 16, 2021, 04:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 17, 2021, 06:06:27 PM
Went into a Lidl after almost a year of getting stuff delivered and working from home and experiencing AC/climate control was delightful.

Desolation etc

Yeah similar here, weird getting out of the car into the heat, like being abroad

Also before anyone tells me off for thinking about sitting in the car (not come to that yet) it's electric and the heat pump is quite efficient (but not quiet)

Quote from: Zetetic on July 17, 2021, 06:46:50 PM
If the humidity was low enough for this to work, you wouldn't need it in the first place.

Well it's working pretty well for me at 32C and 44.9% humidity in my room

Pranet

Coming home to a 2nd floor flat after being outside just now was pretty unpleasant. Quite nice outside if you ignore the midges. Horribly close and warm compared to that inside. However the stairwell is nice and cool. Should take my camping mattress and sleep out there.

Be worse tomorrow because it is going to be hotter and also will have to think about trying to get some sleep before working the next day.

canadagoose

I hate sleeping in this heat. I always wake up feeling dizzy and horrible with warm air coming in my nostrils. Scottish buildings are not made for this (in my case, it was pretty poor planning from the builders, considering this flat is from 1994).

DrGreggles

I am SO drunk and hot!

Who wants to touch me?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 17, 2021, 10:13:25 PM
Who wants to touch me?

That's sexual harassment. Have you learnt nothing from Louis CK?

DrGreggles

mothman

Went this morning to a new Sainsbury's Local that's opened near us, in a new development, and an odd feeling came over me. The combination of the new buildings and streets (so new they're unfinished in places and there's signs of ongoing construction everywhere), a general lack of people around, and the right sunshine and the heat, all combined to give me this weird feeling I was in another country. TeenMoth was with me and she got the exact same feeling.

BlodwynPig

Shame it was a Sainsburys not a Super U

Brian Freeze

Pushing thirty today apparently but felt much more pleasant as it were less humid.

Had the sprinkler on for a few bursts and watered some plants, some grass, me, the kids, the dog and even the tortoises got in on the action. Not a drop wasted.

Jittlebags

Was 31 in Mansfield earlier. Not that I live there, just happened to stop off on the way home from the South East - for a quick snack from Shawarma King, and some cotton buds and ear drops from Boots, standing by the side of the street, sweating, kebab in one hand, poking a stick into my ear with the other. Such is the high living life I lead. I believe Mansfield was the real life setting for Fulchester's finest - San and Tray. I can well beleive it having been there.

Janie Jones

Fucking bitey fuckers tho', mozzies or whatever, they can fuck off. Although I can't help but admire them for eschewing the leathery old tanned skin of my cycling-exposed limbs and biding their time to access the hideous soft white flesh of my sleeping form. Huge line of bites across my lower back. Got to doff your cap to the titchy invertebrate cunts, they may not have a central nervous system but they know how to get the better of us huge clumsy mammals.

Kankurette

I got so fed up of being hot that I soaked my top in cold water. It feels a bit clammy but at least it's cooling.

Butchers Blind

Getting very warm already. So warm in fact that its melted the poo in my rectum, had a very runny shit just now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A rare PKB last night shrivelled up all the moisture in my body, woke up 8 times to drink large glasses of water, did fuck all, woke up with dry mouth each time. And had a dream my mum was ill. This not a positive summer experience everyone.

Might have an ice cream though oo there are ice cream

Epic Bisto

This weather is lovely, even though I'm not getting enough sleep (last night, Legend Gary and his knock off parked outside my house at 5am, blasted Heart FM at 120dB and huffed lots of noz).  Plenty of shade in the garden, reading books and looking at cute pics of baby skunks on my phone, plenty of ice lollies and gin.  Me, Mrs Bisto and daughter Bisto are enjoying this (substitute gin for paddling pool in the latter's case).  Even walking to and from work in this heat is a joy.

Brian Freeze

Digging holes for fence posts today. Got two done so far, cold shower after the next one. Not rushing, its lovely.

Jasha

Make like the forrins and do fuck all between 11 & 5 THEN mow the lawn

SpiderChrist

Currently 27o in Ely, supposed to get up to 30o in the next couple of hours. Sat in the garden shade with a rollie and a cuppa, listening to Fela Kuti. No complaints here just yet. Beer incoming shortly.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: SpiderChrist on July 18, 2021, 11:25:05 AM
Currently 27o in Ely, supposed to get up to 30o in the next couple of hours. Sat in the garden shade with a rollie and a cuppa, listening to Fela Kuti. No complaints here just yet. Beer incoming shortly.

Have to review an academic paper in the sweat chamber. Enjoy your life

SpiderChrist

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 18, 2021, 11:36:46 AM
Have to review an academic paper in the sweat chamber. Enjoy your life

You have my sympathy. And, for what it's worth, my life is pretty shit right now so I'm grabbing what enjoyment I can while I can.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: SpiderChrist on July 18, 2021, 11:38:16 AM
You have my sympathy. And, for what it's worth, my life is pretty shit right now so I'm grabbing what enjoyment I can while I can.

Good stuff. Hope things improve for you and enjoy the oasises (oasii? oases?) of joy

bgmnts

Apparently it's going to hit up to 33 in parts of Wales. Cunt neighbours banging the music out already, on  sunday fucking morning Jesus christ on a fucking bike.

Going to be a long, long day.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 18, 2021, 11:40:27 AM
Good stuff. Hope things improve for you and enjoy the oasises (oasii? oases?) of joy

Thank you, darling x

mothman

Miserable night, really. Now 30 degrees out on the decking - last time I checked...

Custard

I got out of the paddling pool filled with Page 3 girls just to type this

And by paddling pool, I mean work. Fucking work.

flotemysost

Quote from: Butchers Blind on July 18, 2021, 09:56:27 AM
Getting very warm already. So warm in fact that its melted the poo in my rectum, had a very runny shit just now.

Ah yes, the ol' summer squits. Mind you I should probably stop drinking 5000 iced coffees a day, that probably isn't helping.

Place near me does oat milk ice cream which is really quite pleasant and somewhat offsets the horror of living in Zone 1 in a heatwave surrounded by glass and metal and concrete.

Pranet

There is a canal near me. This afternoon passed a group of people swimming in it. Don't think I've seen that before. There is a non zero chance of having a dead rat float into your face. Everyone now and then someone gets pissed, falls in and drowns and I always think it is a particularly revolting way to go.

GoblinAhFuckScary

it was pretty up on thee hills last night

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on July 17, 2021, 05:07:33 PM
Not fun with 2 week old.

Just a matter of time now before you start your sentences with "Speaking as a parent".

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: bgmnts on July 18, 2021, 11:50:25 AM
Apparently it's going to hit up to 33 in parts of Wales. Cunt neighbours banging the music out already, on  sunday fucking morning Jesus christ on a fucking bike.

Going to be a long, long day.

Was it you when the pandemic started that did the "What's 30 feet long with 12 teeth? -
Spoiler alert
The queue for Cwmbran Asda
[close]
" joke?