Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:14:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

101 what is point?

Started by Icehaven, July 16, 2021, 09:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

I've just spent half an hour waiting on 101 to report cunts over the road playing music at an ear splitting volume for hours, only to get no answer and repeated insistence that I don't hang up and call 999, which I'm obviously not going to do, but hey perhaps answer the fucking phone and maybe other people wouldn't resort to 999 either. What does 101 even exist for? No cunt answers. Is it where they dump the particularly useless police (and that's saying something)?

Fambo Number Mive

Does your council not have a department which deals with noise related issues?

Small Man Big Horse

I think it's the same as 111 where it's painfully under funded and under staffed, and (at least when it comes to the latter) a lot more people than usual are trying to get through.

I feel your pain though as I hate inconsiderate bastards like that, in the unlikely event of there being a phone box near you I'd recommend going there, calling 999, claim that you saw some terrible crime being committed and wait for the police to head over.

Sebastian Cobb

Seems like a central service like that would always be shit. Ring the local police station if you want it 'dealt with'.

Icehaven

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 16, 2021, 09:58:27 PM
Does your council not have a department which deals with noise related issues?

Not sure, but probably not at 10pm anyway, even though that's kind of when it's most annoying.

I've just walked over to see what the fuck they're playing at as I assumed it was the same assholes who were doing the same thing a month or so back, but it's a completely different house and they've got a marquee up in their garden with disco lights and all. Obviously some event but still massively inconsiderate, however I feel a bit less furious than if it was just some bellend blasting their music like it was last time. Dunno why, it's still selfish twat behaviour even if it's a funeral or something isn't it? Maybe the pretence of organisation makes me more hopeful they'll shut the fuck up at 11, we'll see.

bgmnts

Yeah in my experience they wont do fuck all. Bottom flats are up to it daily, as is the flat next door.

You report them and fuck all.

pigamus

There should be an app where everyone in your street can ping each other and then go round there mob-handed

Icehaven

Quote from: pigamus on July 16, 2021, 10:27:58 PM
There should be an app where everyone in your street can ping each other and then go round there mob-handed

This I like. neighbourhoodradge.com

Dex Sawash

Goldentony

here you have to give your real name if you want them to do anything so you  get them going round saying hello mr bobby christmas tree, can you turn the sound down, we're the council and some police, cheers, this complaint was made by one mr nosy plod informant over the road, why do they call him bobby christmas tree? oh he turned someones tits into a christmas tree, police, the lot

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just go around and slowly start unplugging everything, one by one until it is just people there in silence in the dark.

Optional, and I do repeat, optional: then bum them

El Unicornio, mang

Build a tensegrity structure on their roof.

Another option: call and say you're going to shoot the people who are playing loud music. They'll send people round sharpish, and you can explain you meant "shoot them with my camera"

Replies From View

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 17, 2021, 01:35:27 PM
Just go around and slowly start unplugging everything, one by one until it is just people there in silence in the dark.

Like the proverbial frog in the slowly heating pan, I wonder if they will notice it has happened.