Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:46:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party: Kieth Stalin: The Gammon Panderer (and Blackpool Cock)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 17, 2021, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: king_tubby on September 11, 2021, 08:08:00 PM
I don't think this is going to go away.

https://twitter.com/alexnunns/status/1436754849727762440

A thread on Barnard.

It's horrific stuff, beyond belief if we didn't see it happening constantly - why would we want people like that, not just destroying the Labour Party but doing it to the country.  Imagine.  In all good conscience, who can support people like that running government?

idunnosomename

"It's about where we are now as a party and where we are going. It's about turning the page and ending the navel-gazing."

Oh but the navel-gazing was going so well!!!!!!!!!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-gospel-according-to-keir-starmer-labour-leader-prepares-mission-statement-hkhtkv7pg
https://archive.md/nAqop

suelgi

Another new Starmer relaunch/reboot/reset. How many are we on now?

EOLAN

Quote from: suelgi on September 12, 2021, 12:38:44 PM

How else is he meant to change the things that need changing;×and that will be the change that he will make..

He's been reset more times than a faulty laptop.

Hoping his big leadership speech ends with him tripping over his shoelaces, braining himself on the podium and lying there unconscious for an hour - but you know the man would never provide such levels of entertainment. It'll just be his dreary voice droning on about opportunity or something.

suelgi

Quote from: EOLAN on September 12, 2021, 12:40:30 PM
How else is he meant to change the things that need changing;×and that will be the change that he will make..
onward, ever onward!

idunnosomename

how the border goes behind his head just at his hairline is very distracting

elliszeroed

The red lines look like arrows. Keith looks like someone trying to hold their stomach in. A confused David Morrissey.

Buelligan

Owen Jones talking to Jess Barnard this afternoon about what the fuck is going on.  https://youtu.be/XP6RBFlQ5lU?t=2920

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Quote on September 12, 2021, 12:56:41 PM
He's been reset more times than a faulty laptop.

Reset his leadership more times than I reset my Gameboy before it could save-back my life-count when playing Mario 2.

idunnosomename

Everytime Sir Keir gets a ring he immediately sonic spins into a spike.

jobotic

Quote from: suelgi on September 12, 2021, 12:38:44 PM

Who knows? No one notices them.

Buelligan

And now this -

QuoteExclusive: Starmer pinning conference hopes on cheesy 'Starmer's stars'.  Insiders say candidates told not to announce selection to protect 'fanfare' – while group selecting candidates to appear on stage or by Zoom with Labour leader includes senior staffer behind 1am harassment-disciplinary email to Young Labour chair that was 'rescinded' with grovelling apology

https://skwawkbox.org/2021/09/12/exclusive-starmer-pinning-conference-hopes-on-cheesy-starmers-stars/

Replies From View

Jockice

By me. On Facebook. And my Only Fans page.

Apparently Sir Keith Starmer's latest relaunch,  the latest in a continuing - perhaps even eternal - series, will involve a 14,000-word essay.
That's not an essay, that's a dissertation. And nobody wants to read a dissertation. Take it from me, I've had to do it. Read and write the things.
My degree one was entitled the Politics Of Punk (75%. Genuinely original apparently) and my MA effort actually was on the Labour Party (61%. Not genuinely original definitely) and in my brief period as an actual attempted academic I had to look at other students' work. But I always ended up thinking: "Why are you telling me this? I don't really care. Leave me alone." I wasn't responsible for the final mark but I would willingly give 100% - and some money - to anyone who promised me that I'd never have to read another word of theirs in my life.
Of course in academia, work is often peer-reviewed so it would be best for someone who has held the same position as Sir Keith to go through it marking it and suggesting corrections. Now what was the name of his predecessor again? He'd do a good job I reckon.

Replies From View

Buelligan

In the words of tiny Tim from the inhibitable Christmas Carol (Scrooge) - Some are born seized, some achieve seizures, and some have seizures thrust upon them.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Buelligan on September 12, 2021, 05:04:21 PM
Owen Jones talking to Jess Barnard this afternoon about what the fuck is going on.  https://youtu.be/XP6RBFlQ5lU?t=2920

Why does Labour want to be the party of terfs now?

Buelligan

It's very odd but certainly, if you browse through the twitter noise of known bastards, they're all simping the terfs.

Quote from: suelgi on September 12, 2021, 01:09:48 PM
onward, ever onward!

FORWARD, NOT BACKWARD
UPWARD, NOT FORWARD
AND ALWAYS TWIRLING, TWIRLING, TWIRLING
TOWARDS FAILURE!

greenman

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 13, 2021, 07:54:33 AM
Why does Labour want to be the party of terfs now?

I'm guessing beyond suiting personal vendettas they tend to be middle aged and middle class more often, Labour looking to distance itself from anything that might appeal to young voters/members.

Mr_Simnock

Centrists pinning their hopes on a starmer relaunch being effective remind me of kids hoping to get a prize from one of these

Mr_Simnock

If I could have access to the terminator here is where I would send him back in time to save us all - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AvhEnb6iro. A certain lying cretin gets thrashed.

Quote from: Buelligan on September 12, 2021, 09:56:17 AM
It's horrific stuff, beyond belief if we didn't see it happening constantly - why would we want people like that, not just destroying the Labour Party but doing it to the country.  Imagine.  In all good conscience, who can support people like that running government?

The Tories are still worse... as awful as they are, I highly doubt you'd see a Starmer government cutting benefits by £20 a week, like the current scumbags in power. You can't seriously think "ooh, Labour are just as bad, if not worse, than the Tories," just because of a silly little internal dispute, can you?

holyzombiejesus

I can see a Starmer government withdrawing the UC uplift, definitely.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 13, 2021, 04:27:16 PM
I can see a Starmer government withdrawing the UC uplift, definitely.

See, I disagree. I don't think they would. TBH I don't think even a Blair government would have done it.

EDIT:

Quote from: BBC NewsWork and Pensions Secretary Therese Coffey has backed the cut to universal credit (UC), saying removing the £20 uplift would only mean "two hours' extra work every week" for claimants.

[...]

Labour called the minister's remarks "an insult to hard working families".
Shadow work and pensions secretary Jonathan Reynolds later pushed his counterpart on her claims in the Commons, saying she had been "completely wrong" over the number of hours needed.