Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:14:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party: Kieth Stalin: The Gammon Panderer (and Blackpool Cock)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 17, 2021, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: chveik on September 15, 2021, 12:36:08 PM
i don't understand the moral of his dad's story
his obsession with maintaining his own business made his son grow up to be Keir Starmer

Buelligan

I'm sure our own NoSleep met him or something once and said he was a giant prick (I may have made the whole thing up).

pancreas

Quote from: Buelligan on September 15, 2021, 01:53:39 PM
Is it from The Ashes of Gramsci?

Big silence from Cordova not only over the constant poison dripping from Duffield but the Jess Barnard thing - silence over a Young Labour activist being hounded for opposing transphobia.

Well, yes, but I think when one starts to impute disreputability for these sort of second order misdemeanours—like not condemning something sufficiently—then I get uncomfortable visions of the antisemitism merry-go-round.

There may be good reasons for de Cordova not to generate flare-ups in her CLP, for example. These fucking TERFs are all over the place and they generate no end of bickering.

Buelligan

I agree but feel it might be a line in the sand thing.  If you can't oppose those people as shadow equality thing because it'd make Keith squirm, make him squirm by resigning.

pancreas

Yeah, but I think that has nothing to do with any TERF malarky. It's probably because he's fundamentally a racist piece of shit, I would have thought.

Buelligan

Yeah.  Still, the TERF thing is weird.  It's a noticeable signifier, every centrist FBPE type, those that really ramped up the AS weaponisation, they all seem to have become fervent TERFs, whatever their past history.

pancreas

I think it's partly that the moral panic generates a positive feedback loop—screaming 'fire' becomes an addiction. It's also that it's an opportunity to do a free bit of hating on people; they're not allowed to go out and do a bunch of racisms, for example, because it doesn't fit with their globetrotting multicultural view of themselves.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote@The_TUC
BREAKING 🚨🚨: Keir Starmer has just announced the next Labour government will BAN zero hours contracts, raise sick pay and extend it to all workers

Be great if he kept this promise (it would also have saved lives during COVID with more people able to afford to isolate) but not sure I trust him to.

Buelligan

I don't see why not Fambo.  If he says he's going to do a thing, I think we should have the decency to take his word.

king_tubby

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: king_tubby on September 15, 2021, 08:43:44 PM
https://twitter.com/PhillipsBarrie/status/1438161508454830086

The rats are leaving the sinking ship. Charlotte Nichols resigned earlier today.
Eastern Eye says "personal reasons". Nichols seems very keen on nuclear power based on her Twitter, so maybe she's got a job on the horizon.

chveik

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 15, 2021, 02:02:02 PM
his obsession with maintaining his own business made his son grow up to be Keir Starmer

he could have made it clear that people shouldn't have to work 14 hours a day to support their family. instead it doesn't make any sense. you don't need Cicero to write a semi convincing speech

pancreas

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on September 15, 2021, 09:23:44 PM
Eastern Eye says "personal reasons". Nichols seems very keen on nuclear power based on her Twitter, so maybe she's got a job on the horizon.

Majority: 1,509 (3.3%)

idunnosomename

Quote from: chveik on September 15, 2021, 09:31:42 PM
he could have made it clear that people shouldn't have to work 14 hours a day to support their family. instead it doesn't make any sense. you don't need Cicero to write a semi convincing speech
unfortunately he doesn't have a classical orator. he has a bunch of new labour dickheads

chveik

- yer da story

- insufficient pledges that won't amount to anything

- result!!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: chveik on September 15, 2021, 09:31:42 PM
he could have made it clear that people shouldn't have to work 14 hours a day to support their family.

Now now. Don't get carried away. His father was hazed and therefore you should be too.

evilcommiedictator

This kind of shit is hilarious and shows how petty these sycophants are, antisemitism is talking about antisemitism?
https://twitter.com/helensclegel/status/1436773116760494085

chveik

are they checking out all the twitter accounts of labour members? that's nuts

starmer is a narc

Video Game Fan 2000

Maybe his dad should have simply been more flexible and agile chosen a job with less hours

Its not brain surgery is it. We have a free market economy.

Bernice

Quote from: chveik on September 16, 2021, 03:46:06 AM

Yes. While hemorrhaging members and making layoffs. This is basically the only function of the Labour party now – to shit itself into non-being.

Buelligan

I don't know what to copy from this article to get your teeth aching for the throats of Evans and Starmer because there is simply so fucking much.  Sure, it starts off slow enough but read on.  Fuck me, these cunts need stopping very very soon.

https://labourlist.org/2021/09/exclusive-new-party-rule-changes-criticised-as-bureaucratic-power-grab/

Paul Calf

Quote from: chveik on September 16, 2021, 03:46:06 AM

starmer is a narc

Quote from: Bernice on September 16, 2021, 07:46:09 AM
Yes. While hemorrhaging members and making layoffs. This is basically the only function of the Labour party now – to shit itself into non-being.

Yeah, I saw the "Please give us your social media accounts" optional on the renewal form and thought 'fuck that noise'. I thought i was being a bit paranoid at the time but this is exactly what I thought might happen.

idunnosomename

luke akehurst is a 49-year old bald man determined to crush any young people in the party who arent a fucking cunty old blairite like he is

https://twitter.com/lukeakehurst/status/1438593107205967875

also lol

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1438622841877016580

Buelligan

Luke Akehurst is an absolute shitbag, the man can't even get elected to the local council and yet somehow, through patronage, string-pulling, he gets to decide, influence, destroy, the future of the Party.  It seems entirely wrong to me.

https://labourlist.org/2021/09/labour-for-a-green-new-deal-conference-motion-ruled-out-of-order/

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Due to his surname his was the very first person I was introduced to after joining Labour following the election of Jeremy Corbyn as leader, as the NEC elections swiftly followed.

He was the only one of all the candidates to not at least feign interest and alignment in the Corbyn project, for which he at least earns some respect for his absolutely naked ambition and lack of duplicity. That notional respect is massively counterbalanced by everything else.

Still, for old times sake: