Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:46:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party: Kieth Stalin: The Gammon Panderer (and Blackpool Cock)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 17, 2021, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevek89

Hello everybody,
My first post on this thread. I've really enjoyed reading all your very funny informative comments.
I was/am still a massive Corbynite and equally massive anti-Keithite (if that's a thing!)
I'm just genuinely curious, who would you all like to see as Labour leader who could realistically take the party forward?
I'm on your side, I am just wondering who would be a realistic choice from the left if a leadership challenge was to be mounted.
Look forward to reading your thoughts.
Thanks
Stephen :-)

Buelligan

Dear Stephen

Thank you for your interesting question.  I really do not know because, right now, I know that Labour has just had a really good person for the role in place and they've fucked it and him, over.

Some have done it intentionally and a lot have helped by not paying enough attention and being led by the nose. 

Right now, I think Labour is dead in the water.  I don't think there's a single simple solution to what ails.  What ails is it's riddled with bad actors, serious cunts and imbeciles.

Looking forward to seeing what others think,

Cordially and in comradely solidarity,
Buelligan.

idunnosomename

Someone young. Very young. I think the party's in such a mess the next potentially good leader who could succeed is still having their name sewn into their PE kit by their mum.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: jobotic on September 19, 2021, 11:15:21 AM
Needless to say Phillips has given her her full public support and Nandy has said that Duffield is the victim of the worst sort of crime.

Fuck. The. Labour. Party.
No, don't, keep giving them your money even though they hate you and treat you as a useful idiot to continue to fund them turning into transphobic Tories-lite. Never leave.

Johnny Yesno

Cold Meat Platter

Buelligan

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on September 19, 2021, 02:24:57 PM
Join the rape apologists party instead.

Seriously, what is point of this Johnny?  It's like the China mantra - everything's fucked but there's only one thing we can think about now and that's that China is worse than us[nb]A debatable assertion at best.[/nb]. 

You were talking about the Purity thing before, in another thread, ask yourself - what is this?  It just comes across really nasty.

pigamus

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on September 19, 2021, 01:44:16 PM
No, don't, keep giving them your money even though they hate you and treat you as a useful idiot to continue to fund them turning into transphobic Tories-lite. Never leave.

I wonder if it's Direct Debit, or do you have to write the cheques out to Luke Akehurst yourself?

stevek89

Thanks Buelligan and idunnosomename for your replies.
Is Richard Burgon well-liked around here?
Appreciate a good Labour seems a long loooong way off presently but he seems a rare prominent voice on the left. Although god knows what the scum and Blairites would do to sabotage him a la' Corbyn.

idunnosomename

I voted him for deputy. Along with Long-Bailey who got kicked out of the shadow cabinet for approvingly retweeting a guardian interview with an actor who made left wing comments including criticising the IDF.

Hi everyone, solidarity to all transpeople as we see this issue blow up within the Labour as well as outside of it.

I can't help but see parallels with the antisemitism crisis, not least because many of those pretending to care about antisemitism are perfectly happy to turn a blind eye to transphobia - a form of bigotry affecting what I understand to be a similar-sized minority. It's frankly incredible to watch how brazen the same factions within the party - and their supporters in the media - are in turning against a vulnerable group of people, presumably as they have calculated that defending them offers little in terms of political expediency - cynically weaponising a serious issue to take down a leader they don't like, for a random example.

I don't relish the thought of this turning into another toxic political football but clearly that's the way the wind is blowing. Surely Keith will be forced into coming down hard in support of one side (TERFs obviously) and it won't be pretty. I could see the left genuinely splitting the party over this issue, and unlike the Labour right over antisemitism they won't just be doing it for show.

pancreas

Yes, I think I voted for Burgon first choice for deputy too. Was going to vote for Butler, but got bullied by Buelligan and kittens (iirc) into going for RB. The problem is that it's a bloody echo chamber in here and if you don't fall into line then you get smothered by cunts. I am a delicate soul and I've decided it's just not worth having my own opinion. RIP free speech.

holyzombiejesus

I voted for Butler as I am a renegade, a maverick, the Jason Orange to Buelligan's Gary Barlow and Pancreas' Howard Donald. Also, unlike those two, I am not a racist.

imitationleather

Quote from: pancreas on September 19, 2021, 03:39:08 PM
Yes, I think I voted for Burgon first choice for deputy too. Was going to vote for Butler, but got bullied by Buelligan and kittens (iirc) into going for RB. The problem is that it's a bloody echo chamber in here and if you don't fall into line then you get smothered by cunts. I am a delicate soul and I've decided it's just not worth having my own opinion. RIP free speech.

lol imagine getting bullied by kittens.

stevek89

Whoops! Seems I've touched a nerve here. Glad Burgon seems respected though. Always enjoy seeing his views.
Great to find this community of Corbynites though. Although every time I think back to Corbyn in charge, I have this horrible feeling that Labour will never be this good again...

Buelligan

Heheh, it was a joke, kittens is the least bullying person in the world, a delight and an ornament to these boards.  I miss him.

stevek89

Quote from: Buelligan on September 19, 2021, 08:59:38 PM
Heheh, it was a joke, kittens is the least bullying person in the world, a delight and an ornament to these boards.  I miss him.

Sounds quite a guy, I'd love to meet him!

pancreas

https://twitter.com/guessweredone/status/1439617860922380288?s=20

^ very lucid resignation letter from a trans woman who can't take the transphobia any more.

Much as I think one needs to look at everything as far as possible in the round—as this person obviously does too—I don't think Millennials and Gen Zs will put up with this shit at all. Even if there were half a decent economic offer to them from the LP, this will create a stench which won't go away.

jobotic

Buelligan

Quote from: pancreas on September 20, 2021, 09:14:23 AM
https://twitter.com/guessweredone/status/1439617860922380288?s=20

^ very lucid resignation letter from a trans woman who can't take the transphobia any more.

Much as I think one needs to look at everything as far as possible in the round—as this person obviously does too—I don't think Millennials and Gen Zs will put up with this shit at all. Even if there were half a decent economic offer to them from the LP, this will create a stench which won't go away.

No one should have to put up with this shit, the stuff that's been going on, completely unforgivable - but, far worse for a party ostensibly seeking power, an unforgettable reminder of how completely dangerous these people are.  Who would ever want them to have any power at all?  What they're doing, daily, with the power they have should be a warning to everyone.

jobotic

They want power over the party. No interest in elections. Tory rule suits them.

NoSleep

idunnosomename

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/sep/20/rosie-duffield-calls-for-talks-with-keir-starmer-on-labour-trans-rights-stance

SHE wants talks with HIM?!?

As I say in the Graham Linehan thread, she's an absolutely awful bigot, a bully and a narcissist, and far worse than any of the Independent Group labour splitters in sheer loathsomeness. She's making a big political issue about her right to be spitefully "politically incorrect" about a minority. That Daddy Keith hasnt withdrawn the whip from her over this appalling display really shows how incredibly weak a leader he is. Oh but we can suspend Corbyn and demote Long-Bailey for retweeting an article with one sentence about the IDF in it.

Fucksake.

Buelligan

Do you think it's possible she's being lined up to take over?  A year ago, I would've laughed at such an idea, now, it seems entirely possible.  She's truly awful and not clever, what more could they possibly want?

jobotic

I did think that but i suspect this is all leading up to her resignation as she can't go on with all the bullying from trans-allies, "queers" and Corbyn loving anti-Semites.

Then she makes some serious right-wing media coin.

idunnosomename

I don't think there's much of a conspiracy beyond that she's an ignorant stubborn person, being encouraged by our very transphobic media. I think theyre (the establishment) happy with Keith and his artificial competence for the most part.

Buelligan

The worst thing about this, apart from all of this being plausible and actually happening i