Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,343
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:59:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party: Kieth Stalin: The Gammon Panderer (and Blackpool Cock)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 17, 2021, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

Quote from: jobotic on September 20, 2021, 12:15:40 PM
I did think that but i suspect this is all leading up to her resignation as she can't go on with all the bullying from trans-allies, "queers" and Corbyn loving anti-Semites.

Then she makes some serious right-wing media coin.
She's def not running for that seat again and I'd say she decided that back in December 2019, hence why she's been absolutely insufferable ever since. I don't think it's so much about a long term $$$ plan as just not giving a shit about her current role.

Unfortunately, her seat is pretty much the textbook example of the kind of seat Starmer's circle are convincing themselves they should be chasing so they're gonna do everything they can to try and please her.

idunnosomename

Yeah if she was deselected and there was a by-election, there's no fucking chance they'd hold it. Well perhaps they might stand Tony Blair or something bonkers like that

stevek89

Just out of interest, if there was a general election held tomorrow, who would you vote for?
I don't think in all good conscience I could vote for this form of Labour Party. Green would get my vote although it's wasted in my marginal constituency.

peanutbutter

Quote from: stevek89 on September 20, 2021, 01:27:43 PM
Just out of interest, if there was a general election held tomorrow, who would you vote for?
I don't think in all good conscience I could vote for this form of Labour Party. Green would get my vote although it's wasted in my marginal constituency.
Stella Creasy currently has a majority of 63.8%; so I'd be voting for whoever was going to take the biggest chunk out of that, which is probably Green.

stevek89

Quote from: peanutbutter on September 20, 2021, 01:34:01 PM
Stella Creasy currently has a majority of 63.8%; so I'd be voting for whoever was going to take the biggest chunk out of that, which is probably Green.
I am sorry to hear that. Luke Pollard too has a comfortable majority where I live. Any thoughts on him?
Edit - just noticed that I called it a marginal in the above post, then remembered it was a marginal but he won it and has a 9% majority now.

peanutbutter

Quote from: stevek89 on September 20, 2021, 02:02:54 PM
I am sorry to hear that. Luke Pollard too has a comfortable majority where I live. Any thoughts on him?
Doesn't look that comfortable? 9% majority with the brexit party having near 5%.

stevek89

Quote from: peanutbutter on September 20, 2021, 02:09:35 PM
Doesn't look that comfortable? 9% majority with the brexit party having near 5%.
Yes sorry I amended my post once I realised this. We had the joy of Anne Widecombe standing in our constituency! Pollard endorsed Kieth and Ange so maybe that says it all about his political leanings...

peanutbutter

Quote from: stevek89 on September 20, 2021, 02:13:07 PM
Yes sorry I amended my post once I realised this. We had the joy of Anne Widecombe standing in our constituency! Pollard endorsed Kieth and Ange so maybe that says it all about his political leanings...
I really dont know, I'm from Ireland so I'm used to being able to make quite well considered ranked choices, and in extremely safe seats like Creasy's it's easy to take a protest vote stance.

Personally I'd probably vote Pollard unless the Green's ran a genuinely engrossing candidate because as negative as I am about Labour atm, I don't really see the Greens being anything other than 2010 Lib Dems v2 so don't see the upside of rewarding the Tories a seat to boost their vote share.

SpiderChrist

This question comes around semi-regularly, and I guess my answer is that I won't vote. There's no fucking way I'm voting for any of the three main parties, the incumbent (a Tory) has a 50% vote share, and since the last election the LibDems genuinely are the only party likely to beat them. I could vote Green I suppose, like I did in the local elections.

If all this sounds defeatist, it's because that's how I feel about politics in this country.

jobotic

I sort of know the woman who has stood as Labour candidate the last two elections here. She's...a;right. I will ask her her views on Duffield/chucking left-wing Jewish people out of the party/Evans & Akehurst and see what she says. Anything short of frothing hatred for them and I probably wont vote.

Jockice

TUSC if they're standing or if not possibly Green, although I knew (with emphasis on the past tense) one of the city's main party representatives and he's an utter twat, so if it's him (or his wife, who I think stood last time) they can fuck right off.

I'm in one of the country's safest Labour seats anyway so unless an awful lot of people think like me (which is frankly doubtful) our present MP will be returned again. He's actually not a bad bloke but I honestly can't vote for the party anymore.

GoblinAhFuckScary

my mp is russell-moyle so i gotta vote labour to keep a non-wrecker in the party but chrissake what a mess they are agghghghg

olliebean

At the moment I'm vacillating fairly often. Green would be my first choice under PR, but has no chance in my constituency under FPTP. But one day, Labour will do something awful, and I'll think, sod it if it's a wasted vote, I can't vote for these cunts - Green it is. Then the next day the Tories will do something ten times more awful, and I'll think, sod it, they might be cunts but they couldn't possibly be as bad as the Tories - I'll vote Labour.

When it comes to it, I'll probably be holding my nose and voting either Labour or Lib Dem, whichever looks like having the best chance of unseating the Tory MP here. (The Lib Dems overtook Labour for 2nd place in 2019, but only because they massively exploited the antisemitism smears and anti-Corbyn sentiment, and they still weren't as close to winning as Labour have been in every previous election since losing the seat in 2010 - so they could easily backslide the next time, if Labour have a decent candidate.)

Pink Gregory

Definitely want to see the back of Thangam Debbonaire the Landlord's Friend but I don't think it'll happen, though the Greens aren't far behind.

Wouldn't normally vote Green, plus the previous Green incumbent ran against a reasonably good Labour MP in Stroud in 2019 and basically handed it to a Tory wife of a banker who promised to undo the Beeching Axe; but the current candidate is at least involved quite heavily in a city-wide anti-outdoor-advertising group.

First choice is TUSC, but they don't put up candidates everywhere, and when they do it's quite hard to find out anything substantive about them.

idunnosomename

Thangam will be forever known for ratting out a Bristol student and potentially ruining their life over being told to "get in the sea". although I never know what she was told to get in the sea over

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Pink Gregory on September 20, 2021, 06:53:04 PM
Definitely want to see the back of Thangam Debbonaire the Landlord's Friend but I don't think it'll happen, though the Greens aren't far behind.

Wouldn't normally vote Green, plus the previous Green incumbent ran against a reasonably good Labour MP in Stroud in 2019 and basically handed it to a Tory wife of a banker who promised to undo the Beeching Axe; but the current candidate is at least involved quite heavily in a city-wide anti-outdoor-advertising group.

First choice is TUSC, but they don't put up candidates everywhere, and when they do it's quite hard to find out anything substantive about them.

I wish I lived near Bristol 'cause I'd dearly love to campaign against Debbonaire. She's fucking vile. Think her seat must be at risk, especially from Greens. Outside of Brighton, isn't Bristol the Greens' biggest stronghold?

Bernice

Bastani on twitter

QuoteHERE WE GO?

Whispers of Labour going back to electoral college in selecting next leader with it being 1/3rd PLP, 1/3rd trade unions & 1/3rd CLPs. Could be going to NEC Friday...

Corbynite legacy may be little more than reversal of Miliband reforms. Unison & GMB may decide it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1439981887251009537

jobotic

Just in case you are in any doubt what this Duffield business is all about

Bernice

Quote from: jobotic on September 20, 2021, 09:09:29 PM
Just in case you are in any doubt what this Duffield business is all about

I know it's beside the point really, since what really matters is the function they perform, but do you think these people actually believe this shit?

pancreas

Quote from: Bernice on September 20, 2021, 09:30:13 PM
I know it's beside the point really, since what really matters is the function they perform, but do you think these people actually believe this shit?

I think they might think it is a hot take. Oooo a threadbare comparison could be made here! THESE ARE THE SAME!

jobotic

They won't stop until Corbyn's corpse is dragged through the streets

stevek89

Thanks for all the replies comrades, very interesting! Pleased to see the general consensus seems to be voting for another left-wing candidate, even though due to our current electoral voting system they're unfortunately doomed from the off!

You're right, think I'll reluctantly have to vote Labour just to keep the surging Tory out! As surely even Keith's Labour can't be as bad as the fucking Tories... can they... CAN THEY!?!

pancreas

If we keep voting for things to get worse, only slightly slower, then we will still end up in misery.

Big Mclargehuge

Im in a surprisingly simple position really here. my local labour rep is Ruth Smeeth, an MP I fundamentally disagreed with who I feel did nothing for my area and her losing her seat in 2019 was one of the only good things to come of that election. since then she's been nominated to stay on as the Labour candidate for the area and, given I loath keith and I loath her I literally have no excuse to vote for any of the shower on either a local or national level. the issue arises because my areas had a frankly ludicrous candidate selection over the last 2 elections. At the last local election the candidates were Labour, Tory, Libdem, Ukip, Reform UK and an independent candidate who wanted to bring back hanging and propose a motion to steralize all prisoners. I spoilt my ballot in the end. and unless a half decent Green candidate goes on the ballot at the next election or Keith gets replaced I'll likely do the same again.

I know some people who, if they were in my position would be ultimately quite depressed about the arrangement. but I find a quite sincere calmness in it all. I know that however I vote im not influencing or changing anything because Smeeth was wiped out at the last election by a majority that isnt going to change any time soon as she was unpopular in the area. so instead of worrying about the things I cant change, im focussing on just having a good time until inevitably society collapses. gotta get good while the goings good y'know?

idunnosomename

Quote from: Bernice on September 20, 2021, 09:30:13 PM
old blairites like this cunt are so fucking soaked in this that what else do they fucking believe? being a sensible who believes in nothing except crushing the left and licking the balls of the right is all these people have

ZoyzaSorris

Anyone else getting a 'how do you do fellow kids' vibe from this 'new' fella or is my div-radar just a bit over sensitive?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote, I don't really see the Greens being anything other than 2010 Lib Dems v2 so don't see the upside of rewarding the Tories a seat to boost their vote share.

Except not even slightly popular to begin with.

Pluralising English politics is not a bad idea even if one or two Greens come across as SENSIBLE CENTRISTBLES.