Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:51:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party: Kieth Stalin: The Gammon Panderer (and Blackpool Cock)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 17, 2021, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

BlodwynPig

Failed to call that guttersnipe Mike Walker out for his nightclub stance

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on July 23, 2021, 07:56:05 PM
Dawn Butler absolutely banging on Novara tonight.

Just came in to post that, I'm about half an hour behind and wasn't really expecting her to appear as a guest!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 23, 2021, 07:58:27 PM
Failed to call that guttersnipe Mike Walker out for his nightclub stance

Butler cancelled by The Government Man.

Sebastian Cobb

Git is a pretty fitting yet forbidden term for Boris and all.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Good on Dawn, that was alright. She has a very infectious smile.

BlodwynPig

jobotic

lipsink

Quote from: jobotic on July 23, 2021, 10:19:18 PM
Was Jess Philip's view of them discussed?

Not sure if they did with Butler but they did discuss Philips earlier this week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9oJ8WluV5c

jobotic

Ta.

Just looked up Latitude Festival as next door have gone there. Guess who's appearing?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 23, 2021, 10:11:02 PM
And a more infectious mind

I have said this before but I actually don't rate Dawn Butler's intellect, at least what is seen through media performance.

She comes across to me as a pretty mediocre thinker and speaker - not important when meeting the person in real life, of course. I could imagine getting on terrifically in a social setting (especially if I didn't say all this!) and plain speaking is in itself a skill, but so is mental dexterity and articulation. This seems harsh but the standard must be high, it has to be.

This isn't intended to trash her - she has a lot of fine qualities - courage being one, genuinely representing her constituents, openly working for the greater good rather than herself, honesty, a charming guilelessness, a quiet calmness that is extremely reassuring in a hard to place way (perhaps motherly? dunno). Loyalty being the utmost. Anyone with that quality is bound to stand out among that throng of absolute turds. When you have someone like Stella Creasey being apparently in the median left box of that split among all Labour MPs we're in big trouble.

idunnosomename

Quote from: jobotic on July 23, 2021, 10:36:39 PM
Ta.

Just looked up Latitude Festival as next door have gone there. Guess who's appearing?
RSPB Minsmere

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 23, 2021, 10:46:40 PM
I have said this before but I actually don't rate Dawn Butler's intellect, at least what is seen through media performance.

She comes across to me as a pretty mediocre thinker and speaker - not important when meeting the person in real life, of course. I could imagine getting on terrifically in a social setting (especially if I didn't say all this!) and plain speaking is in itself a skill, but so is mental dexterity and articulation. This seems harsh but the standard must be high, it has to be.

This isn't intended to trash her - she has a lot of fine qualities - courage being one, genuinely representing her constituents, openly working for the greater good rather than herself, honesty, a charming guilelessness, a quiet calmness that is extremely reassuring in a hard to place way (perhaps motherly? dunno). Loyalty being the utmost. Anyone with that quality is bound to stand out among that throng of absolute turds. When you have someone like Stella Creasey being apparently in the median left box of that split among all Labour MPs we're in big trouble.

I think she'd make an excellent leader.

imitationleather

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 24, 2021, 12:49:26 AM
I think she'd make an excellent leader.

Me too. It's basically her or Clive Lewis isn't it? Zarah Sultana, who I reckon is the new Jeremy Corbyn in terms of political perfection, is just too young right now.

Butler's a way better figure and a more lucid communicator than Lewis when you put them head to head.

It's just will the Labour top dogs ever accept a black female leader? I think... No, they won't. We're getting Jess Phillips.

idunnosomename

how could anyone back Jess Phillips after her fucking rubbish showing in the 2020 leadership race? she's an empty vessel. doesn't matter that The Times does photoshoots of her in tinfoil rocking on a stool, she makes King Koopa Stammer look like fucking Gaius Julius Caesar.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: imitationleather on July 24, 2021, 01:07:22 AM
Me too. It's basically her or Clive Lewis isn't it? Zarah Sultana, who I reckon is the new Jeremy Corbyn in terms of political perfection, is just too young right now.

Butler's a way better figure and a more lucid communicator than Lewis when you put them head to head.

Yes, to all of this.

QuoteIt's just will the Labour top dogs ever accept a black female leader? I think... No, they won't. We're getting Jess Phillips.

Jess Phillips 'speaking truth to power' is looking a bit thin today.

Johnny Yesno

greencalx

I'd give more of a shit about Butler breaking with parliamentary convention if Johnson and co didn't do this all the fucking time.

ETA: in fact, wasn't it JRM who said "you gotta break parliamentary convention to respect parliamentary convention..."

MoreauVasz

Wasn't there a whisper campaign against Lewis on the grounds that he might have a few MeToos in the cupboard? Or was that just because he was threatening to run in the last leadership election and risked splitting the vote with useless anointed whatserchops who was never going to win anyway?

thugler

Lewis over Butler for me. He's been banging on about proportional representation for ages, saw before most that it was so important.

Buelligan

I don't like Lewis.  He looks fine but there's something there I know is wrong.  Felt the same about Starmer and said so fwiw.  Butler, I don't think she's a true believer, as Crob and Zarah are, I think she's more of a player but she's eminently more likeable than Lewis any day of the week, ever.  And, let's face it, we can't afford to throw another saint to the PLP, it's not like they grow on trees.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 23, 2021, 10:46:40 PM

You're the Tony Benn of the forum.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: thugler on July 24, 2021, 08:34:49 AM
Lewis over Butler for me. He's been banging on about proportional representation for ages, saw before most that it was so important.

That's my full endorsement of Butler then, thanks thugler

pigamus

I like Dawn Butler but I can't see her as a leader. Clive Lewis I don't know much about. Neither of them would beat Cooper anyway.

holyzombiejesus

Increasingly thinking that changing leaders is just rearranging the deckchairs. We're not going to even get another 2017, not for another couple of decades at least anyway. Change is going to have to come about by other means.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: pigamus on July 24, 2021, 11:15:47 AM
I like Dawn Butler but I can't see her as a leader. Clive Lewis I don't know much about. Neither of them would beat Cooper anyway.

Yvette Cooper of failing to stand out amidst Andy Burnham, Liz Kendall and Jeremy Corbyn whose campaign was 'Here's why we can't do anything ever except bomb countries'

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pigamus on July 24, 2021, 11:15:47 AM

Another butler endorsement from me

Buelligan

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 24, 2021, 11:21:47 AM
Increasingly thinking that changing leaders is just rearranging the deckchairs. We're not going to even get another 2017, not for another couple of decades at least anyway. Change is going to have to come about by other means.

I think you're right (sadly) but, if I had to choose, and unless the Party dies stone dead (which it might well), someone must lead and the chances of it remaining Starmer are smallening by the movement moment.

Given all of that, obviously disregarding fully out cunts, I'd say Lewis would be the death-cherry.  Butler the pragmatic choice (but might well later reveal herself to be an absolute power-hungry monster).  Zarah, Beckett's fantasy nightmare and all round top choice.

jobotic

It'll be Rosie and Jess sharing the leadership and the voters will run to the polling stations holding their stilletos in their hands and squeeeeing

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: jobotic on July 24, 2021, 11:33:49 AM
It'll be Rosie and Jess sharing the leadership and the voters will run to the polling stations holding their stilletos in their hands and squeeeeing

I know the above was a joke but just to emphasise that Jess will never be leader, she is at best a backseat gobshite that lectures others on their driving. Being a self-publicist is one thing but actually having to carry the can for significant decisions is quite another and she isn't up for that.