Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:47:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party: Kieth Stalin: The Gammon Panderer (and Blackpool Cock)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 17, 2021, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencalx

Whilst it's impossible to read anything into any one council by-election result I agree that the thing that is clear is this doesn't look good for Corbyn.

Paul Calf

pancreas

And another:

East Retford South (Bassetlaw), council by-election result:

CON: 40.1% (+25.2)
IND: 39.7% (+39.7)
LAB: 20.1% (-47.7)

Conservative GAIN from Labour.

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1421016965485842432?s=20

But I guess we should have suspected the people of East Retford South to have been antisemites, in retrospect.

pancreas

State of it:

Knaresborough Scriven Park (Harrogate), council by-election result:

LDEM: 56.6% (+19.6)
CON: 34.3% (-4.2)
LAB: 8.1% (-16.4)
UKIP: 1.0% (+1.0)

Liberal Democrat GAIN from Conservative.

(8.1%=91 votes)

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1421017401819287553?s=20

jobotic

You go Keith! At least the people of Fellgate and Hedworth can see that there's a new leader in town!!!

Fellgate and Hedworth (South Tyneside), council by-election result:

LAB: 49.1% (+9.6)
IND: 32.0% (-15.8)
CON: 9.1% (+4.7)
LDEM: 7.2% (-1.0)
GRN: 2.5% (+2.5)

Labour GAIN from Independent.

idunnosomename

Incredible result. Labour's coming home! It's coming home! Awoooooga!

Fambo Number Mive

Wonder how many Guardian journalists will scamper to South Tyneside for articles on how Kier's "turning things around for Labour"

I think the result may have more to do with the independent candidate becoming a bit less popular than Starmer's Labour:

Quote@BritainElects
Worth noting the now defeated IND candidate...

> Drove his lorry into a council building, causing £160,000+ worth of damages
> Received 40 weeks in prison for the trouble
> Forced his own resignation, attempted to retract it, then discovered he couldn't

Kier Starmer's Labour - more popular than people who drive lorries into council buildings and go to prison. Although not that much more popular, given the independent candidate still got 32% of the vote.

Sebastian Cobb

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 30, 2021, 12:49:39 PM
Has his misery tour started yet? That should be fun.

I'm still waiting for the policy blitz "in the coming weeks" announced in February and then again in May.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 30, 2021, 12:54:24 PM
I'm still waiting for the policy blitz "in the coming weeks" announced in February and then again in May.

I think that might've been turned into an 18 month enquiry now lol.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 30, 2021, 01:05:38 PM
I think that might've been turned into an 18 month enquiry now lol.

In fairness I knew that, but thought it was too funny not to mention

idunnosomename

looks like it's one of those bad NTSC transfers from the 90s

Sebastian Cobb

Blumf

Has he gone for one of them fake tans, but picked inflamed gammon instead of orange?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

greencalx

Looks like the attempt to get Apsana Begum jailed and her seat made available for Burnham to challenge Starmer (if the Eye be believed on the latter, though it seemed a little too keen on the former for my liking) has failed.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/30/labour-mp-apsana-begum-cleared-of-housing-fraud-tower-hamlets

Sebastian Cobb

Looks like something's brewing with people around him being on the take from the gambling industry:

1/5. Keir Starmer's Shadow Minister for Health & Social Care, Alex Norris, previously warned that the "online gambling space is like the wild west"

But he accepted £1,500 worth of tickets & hospitality to see England v Czech Republic courtesy of Gamesys. https://private-eye.co.uk/hp-sauce

https://twitter.com/PhillipsBarrie/status/1421106322225893376

SLEAZE though eh?

pancreas

It's not in itself the worst thing. I wouldn't do it, but mainly because it's football. You could say:

'This evil company makes money off the suffering of the most destitute in society. In taking their tickets I allowed them to do some good for a change.'

That would be the play.

If Shell offered me tickets to Bayreuth ... I have no doubt I could take as many freebies as they'd give me and fuck their faces the moment I was in a position to do so, but I don't rate most people's chances of maintaining such cynicism.

BlodwynPig

Hitler beating his dogs, not the worst thing

Panc, it smacks of contempt and leaves the door open for further corruption.

An honest man is hard to keep

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is there a specific reason Bayreuth is a desired destination?

chveik

pancreas

pancreas

Look, it would be a way to piss off the establishment by taking some fabergé eggs off some lobbyists for absolutely fuck all return—which I may even tell the cunts in advance—and I'd get to go to Bayreuth.

How many times do I have to tell you? I know what I am doing.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: pancreas on July 30, 2021, 11:05:20 PM
Look, it would be a way to piss off the establishment by taking some fabergé eggs off some lobbyists for absolutely fuck all return—which I may even tell the cunts in advance—and I'd get to go to Bayreuth.

How many times do I have to tell you? I know what I am doing.

an anti-semite you would be

Buelligan

I'd really hate to go to Bayreuth.  If I ever get offered tickets by Shell, I swear on Alberich's ghastly ring, I shall offer them to you pancreas.