Author Topic: Labour Party: Kieth Stalin: The Gammon Panderer (and Blackpool Cock)  (Read 89829 times)

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
Re: Labour Party: Kieth Stalin: The Gammon Panderer (and Blackpool Cock)
« Reply #1890 on: September 06, 2021, 12:40:38 PM »
Just saw this - cannot understand from this report what the rationale is either for suspending the man or The Cunt Lee Harpin bringing his employers into it.  It's almost as if some sort of witch hunt is taking place -

Quote from: LEE HARPIN in Jewish News, today (not linking them)
Solicitor suspended by Labour for two years after probe into antisemitism claims

Jeremy Hawthorn, a Liverpool Riverside CLP campaigns officer, has been banned following complaints about his conduct on social media.

A criminal defence solicitor and prominent pro-Palestine campaigner in Liverpool has been suspended from the Labour Party for 24 months following an investigation into allegations involving antisemitism.

Jeremy Hawthorn, a Liverpool Riverside CLP campaigns officer, has been handed the two-year long ban by party chiefs following complaints about his conduct on social media.

Campaigners against antisemitism within Liverpool Labour alerted Jewish News to the sanction against Hawthorn last week.

He is listed by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) as working for the firm Levins Solicitors, whose head office is in Liverpool, although his role is believed to be as a consultant.

Two separate sources insisted:”Hawthorn is obssesed with Israel – but is often quite careful with his own social media posts.”

Last July, Everton football club confirmed they had launched an investigation into Hawthorn, and another local Labour activist, after they were photographed with a banner bearing the football club’s offical crest calling for Israel to be kicked out of international football.

It later emerged that Hawthorn, who is a leading member of the Liverpool Friends of Palestine group, was actually a supporter of Liverpool FC.

Hawthorn is one of the organisers of a planned anti-arms protest in Liverpool, citing Israeli firms, on September 11, at which Corbyn, the comic Alexi Sayle and the rapper Lowkey are due to speak.

Tweeting under the username @jeremykopite he has defended the film-maker Ken Loach against allegations of antisemtism and supported other activists facing expulsion from Labour as a result of the decision to proscribe groups such as Labour Against The Withhunt.

Hawthorn has been practicing as a solicitor since 1986.

On his Linkedin profile he states:”I defend people in the criminal courts.”

A futher online profile on his legal career states:”Jeremy appears at all stages of criminal cases, from police station to trial or sentence.

“Jeremy is at his best ‘representing the little guys against the big guys’.

“He has conducted a range of Crown Court and Magistrates’ Court trials and successfully appealed sentences in the Court of Appeal.”

Asked by Jewish News about Hawthorn’s suspension a Labour spokesperson said they could not comment on individual cases but added:”The Labour Party takes all complaints of antisemitism extremely seriously and we are committed to challenging and campaigning against it in all its forms.”

Jewish News also contacted Hawthorn and Levins Solicitors for comment.

« Reply #1891 on: September 06, 2021, 01:13:15 PM »
Labour up +3% while tories -1% in Geronimo post-mortem bounce. It's coming home!!!

king_tubby

• I'm on smoko, so leave me alone
« Reply #1892 on: September 06, 2021, 01:32:53 PM »
Not what I saw yesterday!

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1434636895632478212

CON: 41% (-1)
LAB: 33% (-4)
LDM: 9% (+3)
GRN: 7% (+1)

« Reply #1893 on: September 06, 2021, 01:36:07 PM »
Not what I saw yesterday!

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1434636895632478212

So recently Labour were only three points behind the Tories with a 37% vote share? Surprises me more than the new figures which is close to expected. 

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #1894 on: September 06, 2021, 02:12:16 PM »
I bet it surprises Blair more.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
  • They call me mista bald bastard
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #1895 on: September 06, 2021, 02:16:16 PM »
We're doing well.... need to move to the right more to get us over the line

We're doing badly.... Hmm.... Right.. More?

We're doing really badly and close to bankrupt?... Hmmm... Suspend more left wing Jewish members?

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #1896 on: September 06, 2021, 02:31:02 PM »
A stat I saw someone else pull out is less about where exactly Labour are sitting and more that they're sitting behind the tories for the 154th yougov poll in a row.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
  • MAKE ROOM FOR THE MUSHROOMS
« Reply #1897 on: September 06, 2021, 04:31:33 PM »
We're doing well.... need to move to the right more to get us over the line

We're doing badly.... Hmm.... Right.. More?

We're doing really badly and close to bankrupt?... Hmmm... Suspend more left wing Jewish members?

Kier to call for a few more alpacas to be executed. New Labour PPB is live footage of him chasing an alpaca down and shooting it at point blank range. "Make my day, punk. And that's what I'd like to do to the left."

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
« Reply #1898 on: September 07, 2021, 07:28:44 PM »
Enjoyed the simplicity of Corbs' #taxtherich earlier.

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #1899 on: September 08, 2021, 12:42:50 PM »
He's great!

Very good short piece on Tysky last night going into a little depth on the Nandy doorstep campaign in Islington and how that works for the Party and Starmer.  Well worth watching.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #1900 on: September 08, 2021, 01:51:57 PM »
Gerionimo didn't have TB according to initial post-mortem tests.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/geronimo-alpaca-tb-test-death-b1916326.html

llama and cyclists blood on his hands

king_tubby

« Reply #1901 on: September 08, 2021, 01:53:39 PM »
I just saw that it had lesions consistent with TB though! Maybe Ken was right to pull the bloody lever himself.

« Reply #1902 on: September 08, 2021, 01:56:22 PM »
Gerionimo didn't have TB according to initial post-mortem tests.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/geronimo-alpaca-tb-test-death-b1916326.html

llama and cyclists blood on his hands
are you sure he's not just sweating out his stigmata as the Messiah of the Red Wall?

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #1903 on: September 08, 2021, 05:13:54 PM »
New: The executive committee of Unite the Union have voted unanimously that the union’s policy is to vote *against* David Evans being endorsed as Labour General Secretary at the party’s forthcoming conference.

A union source writes “You can’t take the piss out of members and get away with it”.

The treatment of party staff, members of the GMB as well as Unite, in recent redundancies farrago also likely a factor.
@Keir_Starmer has chosen a guy who starts fires rather than put them out.

Unite, Unison and the GMB give money to Labour in the expectation it’s administered wisely.

I don’t really see how any reasonable person would think they should endorse Evans. To the contrary, not following Unite here would feel remiss. The man is a disaster.

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1435625146312691719

Pretty funny addendum to the collective sigh of relief from certain people after Sharon Graham briefed she's more interested at looking after her members than picking fights with the party itself.

Pink Gregory

• a perfect eggy
« Reply #1904 on: September 08, 2021, 06:43:45 PM »
They'll find a way to get him in, and if that happens hope the unions pull funding. 

king_tubby

« Reply #1905 on: September 08, 2021, 08:01:43 PM »
Alistair Campbell deleting a load of tweets? What that's lying war criminal been up to?

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1435659279197954053

And this is who Ken wants back in the Labour Party.

Chollis

• Master of Codes
« Reply #1906 on: September 08, 2021, 08:25:38 PM »
Those can't be real. Surely

« Reply #1907 on: September 08, 2021, 09:22:39 PM »
Seems like the sort of thing he'd do; it's obviously a misguided attempt at taking the piss out of Gavin Williamson thinking he'd had a meeting with Marcus Rashford when it was actually Maro Itoje.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #1908 on: September 08, 2021, 09:29:42 PM »
Those can't be real. Surely

Shame politiwoops only covers mp's really.

DrGreggles

• [something funny]
« Reply #1909 on: September 08, 2021, 09:41:57 PM »
Seems like the sort of thing he'd do; it's obviously a misguided attempt at taking the piss out of Gavin Williamson thinking he'd had a meeting with Marcus Rashford when it was actually Maro Itoje.

Yes, he's tried to mock Williamson doing a racism by doing a racism.
6 times.

« Reply #1910 on: September 08, 2021, 10:29:54 PM »
yeah they're real. he thinks it's hilarious to show solidarity with someone he likes for filling in the gap in the broken welfare state he actively campaigned towards by propagating a racist trope toward them. because he's a fucking psychopath

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
« Reply #1911 on: September 09, 2021, 06:45:25 AM »
Isn't it just saying 'This is how stupid/racist Gavin Williamson just was, it could happen to anyone, hang on, look of course it couldn't'

It's not original, the same joke is being shared en masse by others.

« Reply #1912 on: September 09, 2021, 09:09:50 AM »
Yeah, it became tiresome very quickly and seems pretty dubious tbh. A twitter timeline full of people confusing black people for other black people isn't really the XD that people seem to think it is.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
« Reply #1913 on: September 09, 2021, 09:13:02 AM »
Agreed. I can see why you'd want to avoid making that joke in that way for many reasons but to imply Campbell was being purposefully racist when he is evidently trying to mock someone else's racism seems disingenuous at best.

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #1914 on: September 09, 2021, 09:14:25 AM »
Isn't the problem, like many other ism jokes, for those at the sharp end, there's not a huge amount of difference between someone openly being a racist (or sexist or other kind of) cunt and someone sitting back in safety and privilege displaying their "sense of humour" by using them in this way?  However this is dressed up, if it's real, the main take is - this man is extraordinarily tone deaf, insensitive and arrogant.  But we already knew that.

There are exceptions, of course, but, IMO, you need to be a really sensitive aware sort of person not to cause further hurt and offence with a sledgehammer like this.  Or to be speaking to an audience you already know will understand what you're saying very clearly.

Paul Calf

• LOTION MAN
  • Golden Member
  • “Martha and the Muffins…no, the Vandellas”
« Reply #1915 on: September 09, 2021, 09:21:01 AM »
Comical Ali the master media manipulator.

Hah.

Johnny Yesno

• Perfume of a critic's burning flesh
« Reply #1916 on: September 09, 2021, 10:46:05 AM »
It's good to know the grown-ups are back in the room after all that Corbyn nonsense.

Blumf

• Not long now
    • IGNORE ME!!!
« Reply #1917 on: September 09, 2021, 11:33:25 AM »
It's not like any Blair(Campbell)-era Labour cabinet members have been unable to recognise famous black people.

Oooooh....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/straw-shook-mugabe-s-hand-because-it-was-dark-34389.html
Jack Straw said yesterday that he had shaken hands with President Robert Mugabe because it was "dark" and he did not realise he was greeting the Zimbabwean leader.

« Reply #1918 on: September 09, 2021, 11:38:35 AM »
Campbell would have done better to post a series of pics of himself with random white males, claiming that he was hanging out with his mate Gavin Williamson.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
« Reply #1919 on: September 09, 2021, 11:51:13 AM »
Campbell would have done better to post a series of pics of himself with random white males, claiming that he was hanging out with his mate Gavin Williamson.

Yes

Tags: