Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:17:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What the Heck is This?

Started by Neomod, July 17, 2021, 01:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neomod

Found whilst cleaning out my parents garage. There's apparently no history of the family being present at the battle of the Five Corners although I did hear my mum hollah "The Forty Thieves" for no reason once.

So what is it, a tool or a 'fackin' tool?

It's wood. It's got weight and there's a hole drilled into the handle (the thinner bit) which may have held a leather strap.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It does appear to be a truncheon. Try slapping some bastard round the head with it.

bakabaka

It's the top half of a traditional walking stick with the bottom end broken off. If you hold it with the short stump facing forward, the brown disc at the top should feel comfortable in the palm of your hand.

Boring.[nb]And despite my certainty, probably wrong.[/nb]

El Unicornio, mang

monkfromhavana

Dex Sawash

Neomod

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 17, 2021, 01:42:12 PM
State of those shoes.

Clean living under difficult circumstances

Otherwise.

Too big for a truncheon
Too heavy and unwieldy as a walking stick

Could be viking shit.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Sebastian Cobb

looks like someone painted a bone

steve98

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 17, 2021, 01:42:12 PM
State of those shoes.

Innit... He might be off to the desert somewhere though, who knows.

GoblinAhFuckScary

at my partner's parents house i found a funny lil thing like this actually. in that case i felt it strongly resembled a 'trench club', one of the improvised hand-to-hand weapons in the first world war which took a number of different forms depending on what combatants could get their hands on. your thing is probably not that since it looks like it's made of wood?

Brian Freeze

I had wanted to say knobkerrie. Think they are associated with Africa rather than Ireland. You'll know which is more likely.

Glebe

idunnosomename

look for christs sake just shove it up your arse already

Glebe