Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:35:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jackass Forever

Started by Psychotic Mongoose, July 18, 2021, 10:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Greg Torso on August 02, 2021, 01:52:42 PM
It depends. The bit in the 2nd film where Knoxville is in his old man disguise and that ponytailed tough guy is trying to fight him is really funny. Dave England shitting in an unplumbed display toilet in some old bloke's hardwore store isn't.

True, it's just that the hit rate for public bothering is so low that I would rather people not bother at all, the gold isn't worth the shit you have to wade through.

Quote from: Chollis on August 02, 2021, 01:54:03 PM
i always liked the really shitty, low-stakes stuff they'd do in public with roller skates/boarding, urban kayaking etc. because it was the sort of stuff me and my friends had a lot of fun trying to replicate (pathetically) when we were 13

like Roller Bobby (love the music) https://youtu.be/TpFN7UKSsGM?t=152

Yeah they definitely got less silly as they went on and got more focused on how they could hurt themselves. There was some silliness within that, obviously, but only if the end result was a lot of pain. They seemed to lose the bit of themselves that was doing it for shits'n'giggles, they stopped showing off for each other and started showing off for their audience and the result wasn't *quite* the same.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Greg Torso on August 02, 2021, 01:52:42 PM
It depends. The bit in the 2nd film where Knoxville is in his old man disguise and that ponytailed tough guy is trying to fight him is really funny. Dave England shitting in an unplumbed display toilet in some old bloke's hardware store isn't.

That toilet bit isn't a pleasant idea on paper but thankfully the shop owner seems to take it well, the brief cut at the end of it shows him with a bemused smile saying something like "that was one sick sumbitch". Also kinda worth it for his initial reaction of "you better not be shittin in there bwoy".

By contrast there's another toilet bit (also Dave England?) in the TV show which involves no public harassment where he's just trundling down the road sat on a fuckin khazi strapped to a skateboard with his keks round his ankles and the thing is gradually rattling and falling apart, and that's infinitely funnier. Cracking up laughing just writing this.

JaDanketies

I remember watching a skit on the TV show where they 'forget' their baby in the car seat on top of the car and start driving away, and my dad being utterly appalled by it.

Personally, the Party Boy skit  is probably the one that treads on my boundaries the most. I also think the same about Brian Badonde from Facejacker. An apparently homosexual man coming on to a straight man really strongly is obviously ripe for cringe humour but I guess it hits me in my trauma. I guess Ali G's 'Bruno' character has done the same thing a few times, I don't like it then either.

I could be all like "it wouldn't be funny if it was a straight man doing it to a woman" but I appreciate that there's a difference. Everyone else seems to find Party Boy (and Brian Badonde) really funny so it's obviously a me problem.

BeardFaceMan

Honestly never got a gay vibe from Party Boy, he was just using his near-nakedness to make others uncomfortable.

Goldentony

Garbage Man was Pontius best character, duct tape around his bollocks, nothing else, didnt even speak

Replies From View

Watching this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLfsgSSdNUw and wondering whether it is stipulated in any contracts that Knoxville has to fully resemble Ted Danson before 2025.

Replies From View

Quote from: The Mollusk on July 31, 2021, 07:03:10 AM
Watching the first two films last night it's hilarious to watch Bam who dresses and acts like he's rock royalty all the way throughout but is a total wet blanket when he's made to look silly with it not being totally on his terms. There's a bit where they're filming him after a stunt shoot and he's really worse for wear, saying "this isn't funny any more, stop filming me" and then he puts his foot down some fuckin trapdoor hole thing they've dug out and stacks it feebly onto the floor. He starts complaining even more and then hilariously sticks his foot in the whole and falls again. It's such a great moment, this exhausted guy having a terrible time, and I feel like if it were any of the others guys by at least the second fall down the hole they'd realise how objectively funny it is and start laughing out of sheer fatigued resignation to the greater good of the content being made. Bam just gets more and more pissy about it, he doesn't enjoy it at all. I wouldn't ever wanna be one of those "grow a pair and take it like a man" types but come on, this is Jackass mate, try to see the funny side of it.

He seems quite fragile whenever the camera is turned on him and he's made the subject of a prank.  In the third film he does his own thing with a glass of water and a boxing glove, one of those skits that involves pissing other members of the gang off during their brief moments of downtime.

He loves it, going around with his glass of water and boxing glove.  But when one of those skits involves turning the table on him and dropping him into a room with snakes, he screams about how unfair it is.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

He's quite keen on that isn't he? Slapping or kicking or punching people, usually while they're unawares. Watching it, you hope that one of the crew's fight or flight response kicks in and they turn around and twat him in the mouth.

Replies From View

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 02, 2021, 07:50:22 AM
Yeah most of the public stuff isn't fun to watch at all. The aforementioned Japan stuff is largely shite but the worst one by far is when they're all running amok in the panda suits. The cultural confusion is one thing but the bit I seriously hate is where one of them gets shoved into a street vendor's stall which is this extremely flimsy looking folding table with loads of little trinkets on it. The table gets absolutely annihilated, and they all just run off. It's so horrible. Paying for the damages seriously doesn't justify that level of mindless destruction of a single person's belongings.

Totally agree with this.

The only - only - sketch I like of this type is the one in the third film, with the little people fighting in the pub, when the police come in and the paramedics, all little people....  and I like it just because it's so joyous, so stupid, so rooted in silent comedy, and the cameras aren't on the public reactions until right at the end where they're all baffled and laughing about what they've seen.  "The cops came in, I can't believe it!  Little miniature cops!"  None of them consider that it might have been a public performance; they take it entirely at face value, as this incredible experience that they can't quite fathom, suggesting that any kind of unexpected public performance was outside their frame of knowledge.  If it happened in London the drinkers would instantly assume it was a piece of student performance art.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on August 04, 2021, 03:43:05 PM
He's quite keen on that isn't he? Slapping or kicking or punching people, usually while they're unawares. Watching it, you hope that one of the crew's fight or flight response kicks in and they turn around and twat him in the mouth.

There's a bit in the outtakes where he punches Ehren with the glove and they kind of get into a proper fight about it, after all the shit they put him through it would have been nice to see him give Bam a proper twatting.

Did all the shit that went down with Bam happen during filming of the new film or after? It would be nice not to have to sit through him to watch the others.

Quote from: Replies From View on August 04, 2021, 03:52:43 PM
Totally agree with this.

The only - only - sketch I like of this type is the one in the third film, with the little people fighting in the pub, when the police come in and the paramedics, all little people....  and I like it just because it's so joyous, so stupid, so rooted in silent comedy, and the cameras aren't on the public reactions until right at the end where they're all baffled and laughing about what they've seen.  "The cops came in, I can't believe it!  Little miniature cops!"  None of them consider that it might have been a public performance; they take it entirely at face value, as this incredible experience that they can't quite fathom, suggesting that any kind of unexpected public performance was outside their frame of knowledge.  If it happened in London the drinkers would instantly assume it was a piece of student performance art.

Yeah that's the kind of silliness that seemed to disappear from their work a bit as time went on, the rare skit that wasn't just about hurting each other or ruining some innocent persons day. They were just being silly and it was great, no nudity or shitting needed, I wonder how much of that kind of thing is in the new movie?

Custard

The massive hand on a spring was hilarious in the third film. Proper drops Bam

Not really getting the Bam hate. I've never liked the punching stuff, but he did provide some decent bits beyond that. And you can't really blame him for shitting his pants at suddenly falling into a snake pit, when he's made it clear to them that he's terrified of snakes! It's not something you can turn off and on, it's a visceral natural reaction

Replies From View

That's true enough, but watch again the 'super mighty glue' skit.  He's all merriment when his hands are glued to the chests of Ryan and his Dad; he's loving causing them discomfort by lifting his hands away just a tiny bit, and imagining what it'll be like for them when he finally rips his hands away.  But when he makes the final rip upwards to separate his hands from their chests, and the pain wasn't all theirs and he has hairs glued to his hands - see how his face falls.  He looks crestfallen and dejected.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Shameless Custard on August 04, 2021, 04:13:10 PM
It's not something you can turn off and on, it's a visceral natural reaction

That's the way I feel about disliking Bam.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Replies From View on August 04, 2021, 03:52:43 PMThe only - only - sketch I like of this type is the one in the third film, with the little people fighting in the pub, when the police come in and the paramedics, all little people....  and I like it just because it's so joyous, so stupid, so rooted in silent comedy, and the cameras aren't on the public reactions until right at the end where they're all baffled and laughing about what they've seen.  "The cops came in, I can't believe it!  Little miniature cops!"  None of them consider that it might have been a public performance; they take it entirely at face value, as this incredible experience that they can't quite fathom, suggesting that any kind of unexpected public performance was outside their frame of knowledge.  If it happened in London the drinkers would instantly assume it was a piece of student performance art.

Yeah, I'd actually forgotten about that bit until I rewatched it recently, and it's now one of my favourites. It's so silly, but you can tell a lot of thought and planning went into it.

Is there any other show that does big situational pranks like that? Nathan For You, I suppose. I've not seen enough Impractical Jokers, I found the presentation too annoying.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Shameless Custard on August 04, 2021, 04:13:10 PM
Not really getting the Bam hate. I've never liked the punching stuff, but he did provide some decent bits beyond that. And you can't really blame him for shitting his pants at suddenly falling into a snake pit, when he's made it clear to them that he's terrified of snakes! It's not something you can turn off and on, it's a visceral natural reaction

Sure, and it's completely relatable, but he also has no qualms about fucking with other people's phobias (off the top of my head, his friend Rake with a phobia of ... er ... mustard) as well as generally causing them grief for his own amusement.

Custard

Fair enough

As a side note, I was watching various clips of Bam on YouTube the other night, and was quite impressed to see that during a stint in rehab (which failed), he came up with his own language, and now uses it all the time. Pity no one else knows what he's on about, mind

There's another video where his wife says she doesn't really enjoy sex with him, as he never brushes his teeth or has a shower. Nice

Sonny_Jim

The one Bam skit I remember is the Lamborghini tooth pull.  The recipient of said teeth pulling seemed to think they could just chuck it in a glass of milk and get a dentist to reimplant it.

Also cutting a sunroof into the roof of his Lamborghini.  I can totally get the Bam Hate.  Same sort of stunts as Knoxville, but his energy/vibe just seems more hateful than gleeful.

Timothy

Not a huge fan of Bam but always enjoyed Viva La Bam because of the others. Dunn, Phil, Raab but especially Brandon DiCamillo. His skits were the highlights of that show. Always funny.

Joe Oakes

So you're all agreed that Bam was the worst Jackass member, right? Fair enough. Final answers locked in.

Personally, I think his uncle, Don Vito, was slightly worse for sexually assaulting 12-year-olds. But that's just me, we all have our own red lines.

OK, I forgive you, this time, as he was rather forgettable and his stuff got cut for rereleases. I only just remembered him and had a quick google. Rather disappointingly, after his arrest; Ryan Dunn still did a direct-to-DVD film with him, and he featured in a Redman music video. Fuck, and I thought Redman was infallible.

JamesTC

Was the Dunn film before his conviction? I thought he was ordered by the court not to play the "Don Vito" character.

Don Vito was Viva la Bam though. Every episode was about them fucking around with him in some way. The first two seasons are just about finding new ways to destroy his car.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Joe Oakes on August 05, 2021, 10:17:22 AM
So you're all agreed that Bam was the worst Jackass member, right? Fair enough. Final answers locked in.

Personally, I think his uncle, Don Vito, was slightly worse for sexually assaulting 12-year-olds. But that's just me, we all have our own red lines.

OK, I forgive you, this time, as he was rather forgettable and his stuff got cut for rereleases. I only just remembered him and had a quick google. Rather disappointingly, after his arrest; Ryan Dunn still did a direct-to-DVD film with him, and he featured in a Redman music video. Fuck, and I thought Redman was infallible.

Yeah, I wouldn't call Don Vito a Jackass member. He's an extra at best, he's a few rungs lower than April & Phil in the Jackass cast, Viva la Bam and CKY not included. I can't actually remember how often he featured in the series, or if he even featured outside of material taken from CKY? I don't think he was in any of the films though. Wasn't he originally the Lambo-tooth-pull but it was cut after his conviction, and they redid it with Ehren?

Replies From View

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on August 05, 2021, 02:07:05 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't call Don Vito a Jackass member. He's an extra at best, he's a few rungs lower than April & Phil in the Jackass cast, Viva la Bam and CKY not included. I can't actually remember how often he featured in the series, or if he even featured outside of material taken from CKY? I don't think he was in any of the films though. Wasn't he originally the Lambo-tooth-pull but it was cut after his conviction, and they redid it with Ehren?

According to this, yes:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSe_tZB2JKk&t=1079s

And it's featured in the original Jackass 2 trailer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBZPCE0jr6M&t=65s

Goldentony

He's just a preening little arrogant bad tit goth, there's tons of them out there. This one was just really rich and well known for a while and had one of the most offputting personalities in a TV show full of lads who's lasting legacy is permanent throat damage from the amount of vomiting done and a guy who tore his dick in two halves

Replies From View

Imagine if his dick was torn into only 1.6 halves.  Do you reckon it would have been more or less painful?

Goldentony

go and get me a long stand

Replies From View

Alright just wait there

Bad Ambassador

Noodle Lizard

From all the information we have, surely he doesn't have a leg to stand on. He disobeyed the terms of his contract and was fired. "Not having enough time to read a contract" is legally meaningless, unless he can prove he was coerced or signed the contract under false pretenses (i.e. "hey, sign this document as an autograph for my niece!") Also, the terms themselves don't seem unreasonable for someone with a recent history of explosive drug/alcohol-induced psychosis.

I expect if he had to take Adderall as a regular prescription for a diagnosed condition, that would've been discussed in advance. If not, that still violates the contract as it stood. It doesn't help the Jackass team to lose him from their (probably) final film, so it makes no sense to think they were hellbent on getting him fired like he proclaims.

Custard

Bam reckons he'll miss out on $5 million now he's been cut from the film. Don't see how he can sue though. He didn't stick to the agreement in his contract

It's all a bit depressing really. I love how the third film ended, with them all signing along to Weezer's Memories. Now it's going out with one of the most prominent members suing, effectively, the rest of the gang

Elderly Sumo Prophecy