Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:26:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Abusive phonecalls for senior medical officials in the Republic of Ireland

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 18, 2021, 04:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

This is very concerning

QuoteTwo of Ireland's most senior public health officials have received abusive phone calls, which government ministers described as sickening and "appalling".

Chief medical officer Dr Tony Holohan and his deputy Dr Ronan Glynn were reportedly targeted on Friday night.

The pair are among the most prominent public figures in Ireland's response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Separately, a health journalist released a recording of a strange call he got in the early hours of Saturday.

Fergal Bowers, a correspondent for Irish national broadcaster RTÉ, said he received the anonymous call just after 03:30 local time and would be "alerting the relevant authorities".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57879013

Is it COVID deniers doing this? And how did they find out their numbers?

An Garda Síochána are looking into this.

buttgammon

Tony Holohan is public enemy number one for the nutjobs here, which wasnt helped by the very personal attacks made on him by senior politicians when he gave them inconvenient advice last year.

One of the most senior virologist in the country (and another advisor to the Irish government) works in my university and a few weeks ago, some antivax thugs broke into the campus and started screaming at random people demanding to meet him. The place was largely deserted and he wasn't even there, but it's not the only time people had a go at public health officials over here.

BlodwynPig

Interested to know what was the disturbing call.

"I'm upstairs!"