Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:04:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

random memory of someone in a UK sci fi episode saying "he's Hitler"

Started by willbo, July 18, 2021, 05:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willbo

I put this in the "inessential shit" thread but have it on my mind...

I've got a memory of some kind of British sci fi tv play or series episode which I would have seen in the late 80s or early 90s but I think was older. It was about some kind of cunning leader - a manipulative man who became leader of a community/group - possibly in space, possibly in a shipwrecked setting or post-apocalypse Earth. It could have been a Doctor Who or Blake's 7 episode or something.

What I remember most is a scene where the people who are starting to doubt the leader are talking about him privately, and some people consider that the leader might be ok, and an English actor with a deep, grave clipped voice, cuts them off, saying "He's Hitler. He's Hitler - and we've let him go to far" (or "we've let him take over" or something). (meaning he's "like" Hitler). And it brings them all to their senses and they decide to oppose the Leader.

Replies From View

Was it The Forewarnings Against Jeremy Corbyn from the Children's Film Foundation?

willbo

Quote from: Replies From View on July 18, 2021, 06:17:45 PM
Was it The Forewarnings Against Jeremy Corbyn from the Children's Film Foundation?

that's it! Early JK Rowling work I believe

Google brings up a Sophie Kinsella novel line -

""He's not a food fascist," I say, feeling an immediate need to defend Eric. "He just...cares about nutrition." "He's Hitler. If he could round up every loaf of bread and put it in a camp, he would.""

There was a story in The Tomorrow People in 1979 in which Hitler was an alien in disguise as a human and had been kept in suspended animation.  I believe the Fuhrer was played by Michael Sheard who played Mr Bronson in Grange Hill.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on July 18, 2021, 06:32:53 PMI believe the Fuhrer was played by Michael Sheard who played Mr Bronson in Grange Hill.

Usually a safe bet.