Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:23:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Less that a year now till the Queen’s Platinum 70th anniversary blowout

Started by ajsmith2, July 19, 2021, 03:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsmith2

What will it be like? A super-spreader spectacular? Will we see an octagenarian Paul McCartney busting out 'Hey Jude' one more time upon the palace while a chorus line of Boris-masked dancers perform a salute to Bupa?

https://www.royal.uk/platinum-jubilee-central-weekend

Paul Calf

JamesTC

thenoise

I reckon she's got another 20 years in her, at least. Wouldn't surprise me if she outlived Charlie, maybe even Andy as well.

idunnosomename

the Duke of Edinburgh, who is still alive, and hence will do something

bgmnts

Praying to all the gods and the mighty oaks that she dies a day before the anniversary.

And instead of cancelling, the royal family just prop her up on thr balcony, weekend at bernies style.

JamesTC

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 19, 2021, 03:28:10 PM
the Duke of Edinburgh, who is still alive, and hence will do something

Something racist no doubt. Lovable scamp.

El Unicornio, mang

I don't understand the system. Surely things like antimatter and californium should be there instead of oak, wine, stone

40th   Ruby   
45th   Sapphire   
50th   Gold   
55th   Emerald   
60th   Diamond   
65th   Sapphire   
70th   Platinum   
75th   Diamond   
80th   Oak   
85th   Wine   
90th   Stone   

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Don't be downcast, the Cunt of Death is due a serious slip or fall.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on July 19, 2021, 03:44:27 PM
I don't understand the system. Surely things like antimatter and californium should be there instead of oak, wine, stone

40th   Ruby   
45th   Sapphire   
50th   Gold   
55th   Emerald   
60th   Diamond   
65th   Sapphire   
70th   Platinum   
75th   Diamond   
80th   Oak   
85th   Wine   
90th   Stone
According to Wikipedia most of it was made up in the 1930s by an American jewellers' trade association who had no interest in selling you americium (Moonstone is the alternative for 85th if you're having trouble finding a necklace made of wine).

Blinder Data

I'm genuinely looking forward to the inevitable street party that'll happen with our neighbours. Can't wait to get a bit too drunk and say extremely rude things about the royal family to Margaret at no 18.

purlieu

Hope Covid's fucked off enough for me to leave the country for a while.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 19, 2021, 04:58:20 PM
I'm genuinely looking forward to the inevitable street party that'll happen with our neighbours. Can't wait to get a bit too drunk and say extremely rude things about the royal family to Margaret at no 18.

I won't even join the building whatsapp, fuck a street party.

Fambo Number Mive

I see the event will include the Queen watching the vile "sport" of horse racing at the Derby.

QuoteLater this month details of a special Jubilee emblem competition, in conjunction with the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Design Museum and the Royal College of Art, will be released. The winning entry will become the official emblem for the celebrations next year.

Any ideas?

Blue Jam

The Platinum Palace Party should be as blinging as it sounds. They should get the Platinum Pied Pipers in, a rendition of this will make everyone feel suitably awkward:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p7I8RT2kmM

Blue Jam

QuoteThe Queen's Birthday Parade (Trooping the Colour): Over 1,400 parading soldiers, 200 horses and 400 musicians will come together in the traditional Parade to mark The Queen's official birthday, usually held on the second Saturday in June.

Are they going to do Clean For The Queen again after this? Get workfare recipients to shovel up all the manure? Can we make Pob do it?

Small Man Big Horse

Hoping it'll be like the Doctor Who anniversaries and they'll get some of the old Queens in to make a cameo.

Butchers Blind

Blue Jam

BlodwynPig

Twit 2

Why isn't this wrinkled old cunt in a furnace?[nb]The Cunt of Death, not Blodwyn.[/nb]

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 19, 2021, 03:45:00 PM
Don't be downcast, the Cunt of Death is due a serious slip or fall.

Doesn't this 70th thing involve an extra bank holilday? May as well get that in first.

(Yeah, I know there might be one for the funeral/coronation but we'll get those either way so may as well have this one too.)

Attila

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 19, 2021, 05:28:48 PM
I see the event will include the Queen watching the vile "sport" of horse racing at the Derby.

Any ideas?

That drawing of Prince Philip after he'd run down a pleb in his Land Rover?

chveik

Blue Jam

shiftwork2

JamesTC

"octagenarian Paul McCartney" - he will only be 79 for events held before June 18, and he's busy that day because he plans to shag all his old girlfriends who are still alive.