Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:59:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your summer cocktail recipes

Started by Greg Torso, July 19, 2021, 08:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Torso

Post your own summer cocktail recipes

"Internal Bleeding"

1 part vodka (doesn't matter what brand because it all tastes like the inside of your dad's car anyway)
2.5 parts clear shit (I favour an ultra poncey summer fruits carbonated but Sprite is fine if you aren't busy arguing with Sandra about how moving the baby grand into the bay windows has faded its mahogany finish then SPRITE IS FINE)
0.5 red wine (again doesn't matter because it all tastes like blood when it's coming out later anyway)
Lots of ice

Buelligan

A nice big cup of water.
Q1 Klaxon to the first person to say weak lemon drink.

seepage

"Lombardia e Trentino": 25 cl Franciacorta + 25 cl Ferrari + 50 cl Aldi lemonade

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

chveik

mothman

Greg Torso

Come on I've had a terrible week take this seriously

badaids

A pint of bitter with a frozen turd in it.

The Stansfield.

Buelligan

Quote from: chveik on July 19, 2021, 09:09:17 PM
a weak lemon drink

I never thought it'd be you. 

Quote from: Buelligan on July 19, 2021, 08:58:03 PM
A nice big cup of water.
Q1 Klaxon to the first person to say weak lemon drink.

chveik

pancreas

I have been discovering the delights of Frangelico.

Wanking Monk of Catatonia:

50ml Frange
25ml Brandy
25ml Lemon Juice
Splash of grenadine

Not sure if I should be ashamed for drinking these.

idunnosomename

TrenterPercenter

Good quality red vermouth on the rocks with a slice of orange is nice and refreshing. Get the Cocchi Torino or Antica Formula if you are feeling flush but Punt E Mes is dirt cheap and pretty decent also.

Been mastering the Pisco sours recently which is another winner.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: pancreas on July 19, 2021, 09:57:29 PM
I have been discovering the delights of Frangelico.

Wanking Monk of Catatonia:

50ml Frange
25ml Brandy
25ml Lemon Juice
Splash of grenadine

Not sure if I should be ashamed for drinking these.

Cheers, partner loves Frangelico, I can't remember which celebrity couple it is meant to reference though.

touchingcloth

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 19, 2021, 09:52:43 PM
... do they mix?

No, but you can float the gin on the tonic by using the back of a spoon.

touchingcloth

Scottish coffee. It's an Irn Bru with a shot of Buckfast.

Mr Banlon

Harlesden Nightbus :
Bottle of Dragon Stout in a pint glass + tablespoon of Sweet & Dandy mauby syrup + treble measure of Wray & Nephew overproof rum.

Catalogue of ills

It's got to be the Caipirinha for me, João. All you need is a bottle of Cahaça, a load of limes, some sugar syrup (piece of piss to make - dissolve 2 parts sugar in 1 part water in a pan) and a way of crushing ice. Easy to make, terrifyingly easy to drink.

If you want to fancy it up a bit, the French 75 is a sensational drink. Don't use champagne though, just any old sparkling wine and it's still fantastic.

bgmnts

Thinking about trying out Posca for the rest of this summer.

If it's good enough for marching legionaries in the Mediterranean sun, it's good enough for me.

Kankurette

Mojito, if I had to pick one. It has to be something fruity.

Catalogue of ills

I had a Long Beach Iced Tea the other night, it was surprisingly tasty for a drink that has about 6 spirits in it. Gets you proper cunted, it turns out.

flotemysost

Whisk(e)y sour or some variation on that theme is normally my go-to but that's not very summery, I'd be after something with a similar vibe but more refreshing.

When I worked in a pub one summer, during shifts I'd pour myself a pint of lemonade or ginger beer with loads of ice and just a drop or two of Angostura bitters, and that was really cooling - I suppose adding another boozy element to that would qualify as a cocktail? Sort of like a lowbrow Shirley Temple. A JonBenet Ramsay Honey Boo Boo, perhaps.

Catalogue of ills

Quote from: flotemysost on July 19, 2021, 11:12:10 PM
Whisk(e)y sour or some variation on that theme is normally my go-to but that's not very summery, I'd be after something with a similar vibe but more refreshing.

When it gets properly hot I always remember that stifling scene in The Great Gatsby when they go to the hotel and have mint juleps and Tom is such a beast. I tried making one once, and it turns out it's bastard difficult to do well so I've not tried again.

I was going to make do with just a beer tonight, but since someone started a cocktail thread, I've found myself making a [deep voice] El Diablo, a provocative mix of gold tequila, cassis, lime and ginger. So that's the first 30 minutes of work tomorrow fucked.

flotemysost

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on July 19, 2021, 11:16:22 PM
I was going to make do with just a beer tonight, but since someone started a cocktail thread, I've found myself making a [deep voice] El Diablo, a provocative mix of gold tequila, cassis, lime and ginger. So that's the first 30 minutes of work tomorrow fucked.

Oh that sounds fit. Cassis is always a good one to have in stock, I like a Kir Royale too (not very summery though).

Actually now that I think about it, it's not exactly a cocktail, but I made lots of sangria last summer because it was something my then-flatmate and I both liked, and it was easy to decant into a thermos for picnics. Red wine, port rather than rum, lemonade rather than soda, loads of lemons and strawberries - probably sacrilege to a purist, but not undrinkable.

Also not a cocktail, but got big love for a shandy or a top on a hot day.

bgmnts

Okay so:

A cup of red wine vinegar,
3-4 cups of water,
1/4-1/2 cup of honey,
4 crushed cardamom seeds.

Boil it so the honey dissolves, let it set to room temperature, sieve the cardamom and add a few ice cubes.

A modern twist on ancient Posca. Very fucking nice if I do say so myself.

wooders1978

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 19, 2021, 10:21:01 PM
Good quality red vermouth on the rocks with a slice of orange is nice and refreshing. Get the Cocchi Torino or Antica Formula if you are feeling flush but Punt E Mes is dirt cheap and pretty decent also.

Been mastering the Pisco sours recently which is another winner.

A negroni - get one of these vermouths (good choices trenter), all are great for a negroni, some Campari and a decent gin (Gordon's or better, but not too good) - measure doubles of each over ice (or singles, important thing is each spirit is in equal measure) - give it a stir enjoy a nice grown up cocktail - I'm having one right now (time of writing)

Buelligan

Quote from: bgmnts on July 20, 2021, 01:38:37 PM
Okay so:

A cup of red wine vinegar,
3-4 cups of water,
1/4-1/2 cup of honey,
4 crushed cardamom seeds.

Boil it so the honey dissolves, let it set to room temperature, sieve the cardamom and add a few ice cubes.

A modern twist on ancient Posca. Very fucking nice if I do say so myself.

You should - if you ate meat, which I know, neither of us do - try vitello with that.  Rare-roasted beef, very thinly sliced once cold, arranged on a plate with capers and a cold fish sauce, made with homemade mayo liquidised with tuna, capers and lemon juice.  I always think this has echoes of garum and ancient roman recipes.

I shall go and pick some figs now.