Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:30:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rediscovered Morecambe & Wise episode that we don't get to see

Started by olliebean, July 20, 2021, 08:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6458/morecambe-and-wise-episode-found/

They're pulling the same bullshit that they did with the Dud & Pete stuff:

QuoteMorecambe & Wise: The Lost Tapes will be broadcast at 9pm on ITV, on Wednesday 28th July, including the Morecambe family and a selection of celebrity guests viewing and commenting on a selection of the "funniest sketches from the newly unearthed programme". It will also feature "rare archive film of the duo at work".

Fucksake. Just show us the programme. If I wanted to watch Gogglebox I'd watch Gogglebox.

ajsmith2

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Really hate this bullshit: yes I understand the reality that 50 plus year old archive material is a turn off for a majority of viewers and that therefore re-presenting snippets of it in this context is about the only way to get it on prime time mainstream TV, but can't the full episode be then shown later on (early hours of the morning if need be) or, here's an idea, presented as  bonus online content on the ITV hub?

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: olliebean on July 20, 2021, 08:41:49 AM
https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6458/morecambe-and-wise-episode-found/
Quote from: ITNEric eats all of Ernie's grapes and then uses the empty bag to catch an invisible ball.

I'd heard about Eric doing that trick. Can't believe we're finally going to get a rare chance to see it.

Echo Valley 2-6809

I wonder if Gary Morecambe told Louis Barfe about the lost tape in time for the new biography (which I haven't read yet), or was it too late?

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on July 20, 2021, 01:27:25 PM
I'd heard about Eric doing that trick. Can't believe we're finally going to get a rare chance to see it.

There's a video of Eric doing the trick live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX93cC5hbTY&ab_channel=CannedCarrott

Echo Valley 2-6809

Aye, that's a good interview, and I've had the Fairfield Halls live video for ages. (I was being sarky about ITN publicising the lost tape by saying we see him using a bag to catch an invisible ball when it's actually one of Eric's most famous bits.)

George White

AFAIK it;s a fair use thing,
The BBC own actual broadcast rights.

gilbertharding

Jake Thingray

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on July 20, 2021, 01:30:10 PM
I wonder if Gary Morecambe told Louis Barfe about the lost tape in time for the new biography (which I haven't read yet), or was it too late?

It's mentioned near the end of the (thoroughly recommended) book, saying it was scheduled for the spring.