Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:10:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Was Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst ever a good rapper?

Started by willbo, July 20, 2021, 09:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willbo

I put LB's greatest hits on for a bit and thought Durst sounded more lively on some of the early '97 ish songs, than the later bigger tracks we know him for. He sounds like he has more of a flow and more rhythm somehow.

https://youtu.be/GHyV9V-37zc?t=112

PlanktonSideburns

Still sounds like Ian Beale with electrodes attached tho

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Good rapper, no. Good front man, possibly.

Generally mediocre. Probably sounds best on that track with Method Man.

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on July 20, 2021, 09:55:38 AM

Generally mediocre. Probably sounds best on that track with Method Man Thomas the Tank Engine.

I greatly admire the two classic Fred the Durst Engine mash ups: Break Stuff and Rollin'

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: Smeraldina Rima on July 20, 2021, 12:20:10 PM
I greatly admire the two classic Fred the Durst Engine mash ups: Break Stuff and Rollin'

Sorry, this is clearly the correct answer.

thugler

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on July 20, 2021, 09:55:38 AM

Generally mediocre. Probably sounds best on that track with Method Man.

Lyrically abysmal. Front man wise has something dumb and somewhat enjoyably stupid, I think part of it is the whiny/bratty sound of his voice. Flow wise it's maybe juuuust about competent, but the lyrics are so brainless that it's questionable. On that method man track he's comfortably obliterated as you would expect.

chveik

actually it's pretty offensive that you would even ask that

BeardFaceMan

Is it time to post that video yet where Fred shows off that his guitar skills are as excellent as his rapping?

popcorn

He seems to have turned into Michael Stipe at some point

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: popcorn on July 20, 2021, 03:07:41 PM
He seems to have turned into Michael Stipe at some point

You ever eat a pepperami in front of a Yorkshire terrier?

idunnosomename

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on July 20, 2021, 03:02:37 PM
Is it time to post that video yet where Fred shows off that his guitar skills are as excellent as his rapping?
I think I learnt this note for note back in the day it's so funny. every off-note bend sounds so utterly pathetic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MI-_jWAmlE

it's almost like Les Dawson or something it's so perfectly shit.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 20, 2021, 03:50:39 PM
I think I learnt this note for note back in the day it's so funny. every off-note bend sounds so utterly pathetic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MI-_jWAmlE

it's almost like Les Dawson or something it's so perfectly shit.

It really does feel like a Shreds video, because there's no fucking way that can be the original audio. But staggeringly, it is.

willbo

sorry if I'm being slow but is it a famous song or just an LB song or some improv of his own he's trying to play? edit - never mind, I've just read it was an inside joke while the band were playing in London, about a girl saying she'd shag them if he played a solo for her or something.