Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:15:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Clerks 3 Really This Time

Started by SteveDave, July 20, 2021, 03:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Tobey Maguire delivers an oddly detached performance in the three of them as well. I rewatched them recently and it comes across like Peter Parker couldn't give a single fuck about anything that's going on in his life, or anything that his loved ones have to say. Mary Jane giving a weepy speech, and Pete staring off into the middle-distance like he's thinking about playing some Rayman on PS1 when he gets home.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: BritishHobo on July 29, 2021, 08:20:54 PM
Tobey Maguire delivers an oddly detached performance in the three of them as well. I rewatched them recently and it comes across like Peter Parker couldn't give a single fuck about anything that's going on in his life, or anything that his loved ones have to say. Mary Jane giving a weepy speech, and Pete staring off into the middle-distance like he's thinking about playing some Rayman on PS1 when he gets home.

That's not entirely fair. He sometimes looked like this:

notjosh

The first two Spider-man films are better than anything that's ever been put out under the Marvel Studios banner. Proper exciting, colourful, visually dynamic films with relatable characters and stakes. Very much the modern heir to Donner's Superman film(s). I love how Tobey Maguire plays Peter as a completely sincere dork and only does lame quips when he's in the suit.

The train scene in Spider-man 2 is a great example of how well Raimi roots the story in real human emotions. How often do you actually give a shit about the heroes in an MCU movie, let alone the bystanders?

Some excellent facial gymnastics from Maguire in that scene too.