Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:56:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tom O'Connor

Started by Tony Yeboah, July 20, 2021, 04:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Yeboah

Anyone got anything to say about him what with him being dead and all? Sounds like he was a pretty good storyteller comic before he got the steady TV presenting work. Hard not to think about the Stewart Lee routine now, although one of the punchlines is that Stew's mum had got him mixed up with a different comedian anyway.

The Guardian obituary talked about the teenage prostitute scandal in 1988, but it seems like he was a decent bloke. And Denise Lewis being his daughter-in-law was a cracking bit of trivia.

petril

Frank Skinner had that bit about yon Fatboy Slim sample sounding a bit like someone saying Crosswits

Autopsy Turvey

An immensely likeable, gentle, affable comic who was a mainstay of the schedules when I were a lad, one of those who could unite a whole family, from little boys to great-grannies, in laughter. I was a big fan of his eponymous TV show, Derek Griffiths made a good foil. I remember getting a little thrill out of being up 'late' watching 'adult' comedy, although there was never any smut or rude words, not sure why it was on post watershed. On a circuit that often shared out the same gags with the same sort of targets, Tom was doing insightful observational material about human nature and changing social conditions, with a buoyant and inclusive sense of optimism. Truly one of dying breed, until he died.

beanheadmcginty

He was good in Buck Rogers.