Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:38:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Adrian Chiles

Started by TrenterPercenter, July 21, 2021, 05:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Quote from: The Dog on July 22, 2021, 12:49:47 AM
Nightclubs? At your age!?

I am a much-loved Rave Elder and everyone sits in a semi-circle around me in the chill-out room as I regale them with tales of seeing Aphex Twin play in 2005.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on July 22, 2021, 12:19:56 AM
Nightclubs are fucking ace and I can't wait to get back to them.

Possibly the wrongest opinion I've ever read on here.

imitationleather

Also baseball is interminably boring.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on July 22, 2021, 01:09:51 AM

Heaping wrongness upon wrongness. A disgrace.

Barry pls ban.

gib

Quote from: Mantle Retractor on July 21, 2021, 07:28:28 PM
I read every single one of those headlines...in the style of Kilroy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF6cBf133rA

Ha! I didn't even know i had until i read your post.

Icehaven

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 21, 2021, 05:58:48 PM
Researching who he was married too I saw an article about how he still travels to his parents house weekly to get his washing done.

Unless they live a few doors away that can't possibly be easier than doing it himself.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: imitationleather on July 22, 2021, 01:09:51 AM

Incidentally, how was The Hundred last night?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteHe also speaks Croatian, despite having a self-confessed imperfect understanding of the language's verbs, declensions, and cases

Fair play, I'm learning Czech, a not dissimilar language, and I wish the extent of my imperfect understanding was limited to verbs, declensions and cases.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 21, 2021, 07:31:03 PM
Pity Jonathan Ross bucked the trend isn't it?

His popularity must be a shadow of what it was at his BBC peak though, surely. Honestly surprised his ITV show has lasted as long as it has, I don't know anyone who watches it or would go out of their way to do so.

steve98

He's admitted to having a pathological fear of being unwanted, having been raised in an orphanage where, week after week, year after year, he'd be rejected.

"I'm Adrian Chiles," he used to sing,
"I'm Adrian Chiles.
I'm like a flower, just growin' wild.
No mummy's kisses and no daddy's smiles.
Nobody wants me - I'm Adrian Chiles."

TrenterPercenter

bgmnts

QuoteThe star jested the pandemic had "rescued" him and his mum's right arm.

Eww!!

TrenterPercenter

I can't get over him drying his fucking hands in his fucking oven ffs.

I hear nowadays kids on the internet love "life hacks" or tips we used to call them in my day; anyway I've been sitting on one of these "life hacks" for awhile but I'll share it with you readers and you can pass it on to friends and family (maybe it can achieve another young fascination "going viral").  So after you've been for a piss and washed your hands you just need to go downstairs to the kitchen and put the oven on; let it heat up for 10 mins then voila! oven dried hands!  If like me you can plan ahead your excretions and ablutions then you can match them up to when you've got a nice quiche on the go in the same oven, that way it will already be to temperature.  "Hey Siri? schedule in a quiche for tomorrow at lunch and a urination for 12:20" apparently is what I would say, if I had an iPhone, whatever one of those things are.

This is all well and good for at home but why can't I find anywhere to dry my hands outside of the house?! is Britain in the grip of a hand dryer shortage? I investigate in two half-arsed paragraphs.

Butchers Blind

Has Chiles ever been to Chile?

imitationleather

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 22, 2021, 08:57:05 AM
Incidentally, how was The Hundred last night?

Absolutely ace tbh

Echo Valley 2-6809

I remember him analysing an incident on MOTD2 where a player was childishly losing his rag and looking ridiculous and he said, 'The last time I saw someone behaving like that it was the missus.'  His separation from Woman's Hour presenter Jane Garvey was announced not long afterwards.

idunnosomename

Would love to bake his hands to charcoal so he can never type a shitty column again

imitationleather

What name does he post on here under?

Dr Trouser

53?! jesus, hope i don't have a face like a bollock with Bell's palsy when i'm that age

imitationleather

He must have been about the age that I am now when he was presenting The One Show.

Christ that's like finding out you're the same age as William Hartnell in Doctor Who or something.

pigamus

Quote from: icehaven on July 22, 2021, 08:47:50 AM
Unless they live a few doors away that can't possibly be easier than doing it himself.

Well seeing your elderly parents once a week isn't that excessive, and if his mum's got fuck all else to do then why not? I would.

pigamus

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on July 22, 2021, 10:28:19 AM
I remember him analysing an incident on MOTD2 where a player was childishly losing his rag and looking ridiculous and he said, 'The last time I saw someone behaving like that it was the missus.'  His separation from Woman's Hour presenter Jane Garvey was announced not long afterwards.

To be fair that is quite funny, if you're expecting him to say his four-year-old.

Butchers Blind

Sebastian Cobb

He's got a bit of a constant 'i smell excrement' look about him.

Sherringford Hovis

Ray Mears would be Adrian Chiles if he'd never been outdoors.

Captain Z

Quote from: David Pielingtonburygrot on July 22, 2021, 10:39:54 AM
We both like him

Oh, Adrian Chiles! I thought you meant that awful man, what's his name... Adrian Chileson!